[Poll] Trial Removal of OOC Channels - One Week Countdown

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

On the whole, the removal of some of TI's OOC Channels has been...

Poll ended at Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:16 pm

A net positive - I prefer the new communication systems
42%
A net negative - I prefer the old communication systems
42%
Neutral - I have no strong preference
15%

Total votes: 33
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:12 am

The poll has closed at an exact split. I will discuss next steps with Staff. Happy to hear any more comments if people have more to add.

galaxgal

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:04 pm

What always bothered me about tells was the seeming obligation to use them for scene organization and communication. I prefer the new systems much, much more simply because that obligation for 'getting involved' is gone.

I wonder if there's a way to restore the sociability of tells for people who like it, without making it the assumed option no. 1 for contacting people for RP? (And thus making it seem rude or unapproachable to have deaf on, as I think I've seen anecdotally mentioned in the past.) In the past, tells were 'opt-out', so you had them on by default. Could making them 'opt-in' (off by default, can turn on) alongside some other modifications (like the RPXP cost idea) maybe help foster the impression that they're optional rather than mandatory?
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Tasker

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:05 pm

I think it would be benefical to enable the use of tells to players while in the same room, this cuts down on local OOC chatter which might still annoy people but enables a quick message or clarification being sent to whomever.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:07 am

Thank you for participating everyone - staff didn't get a chance to discuss this in today's staff meeting, sadly. We plan to discuss after Temi comes back from vacation in two weeks' time. In the meantime, if you have anything further that you'd want to say, please do. Also, please note that the topic was discussed in this week's OOC Chat if you want to have a look at what fellow players were saying real-time.

RestingCoder
Discord Handle: RestingCoder#7265

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 am

I like the idea of having tells in the same room. It is a decent compromise.

• Information