Matchmaking Updates

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm still believing suggesting a random room to meet could make things easier, if not funnier.
Except depending on Class/Race and current IC conditions there might be a lot of ways could physically not go to certain places. And checking for those conditions would make things super complicated.

KING
Discord Handle: KING@9892

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 pm

The 'accept/reject' option I am very much in to. It pairs well with keeping the system so that people don't both match to each other, and also allows a lot more freedom and time to interact.

The room idea doesn't seem very feasible at all, especially given how many places certain characters can't/won't go. Some of them don't have coded reasons too and would be impossible to sort, as people have said.

Taunya

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Could narrow it to more open public places like Church Square, the Crossroads, River Square, etc. Just places where it would be likely to run into a stranger.
The main people who might not be able to visit places like that are fugitives from the law/church.

I don't know, but having some place to meet included would make things a lot easier for meeting new people. When you're paired with someone you already know, it's easy enough to just send a messenger, but there's not much point to the matchmaking if you're only using it with people you know.

• Information