Guild Discords

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am

Ah, okay! I'm just not sure staff would like to have to supervise private chats on top of everything they do =/

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 am

The Discord does not at present have a large direct admin presence. Adding that duty expectation would take away from processing game side staff duties.

Not everyone wants to commit to OOCly communicating to get vital IC info and I don't think we should expect them to.

We are already slipping at times with fairly sensitive IC shared on the Discord. In my experience, any game that highly encourages more chatter on Discord about IC stuff eventually loses a lot of IC/OOC lines and on TI the loss of those boundaries can be literally fatal to people.

So while I appreciate the intent I can't say this is likely wise myself.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am

Honestly, whether monitored or unmonitored, I am not keen on the idea.

I have the discord for TI, but I have muted the general channel, as well as other channels. I don't talk to many people, and I keep it mostly for the few people I keep contact with, and to get the forum notifications. I log out of the game to get away from my GL duties. I am not keen on them extending to discord, as well, which I am logged into on my phone (and do not, generally log out of).

Don't get me wrong, I love being a GL. But not 24/7.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Geras

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 pm

:(

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm not inclined. As it is, I'm already pretty unhappy with the possibility that people may be using Discord to have private group chats and 'sway RP' - but the fact is that was always possible and always the case, and it's just as illegal now as it ever was anywhere else.

Guilds shouldn't be setting up private Discords, nor should players. Please don't.

• Information