Trial removal of some OOC Channels - Update Feedback

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

On the whole, the change has been...

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:38 am

Positive - I prefer TI without Tells and Guild Channels
43%
Negative - I prefer TI with Tells and Guild Channels
33%
Neutral (comments below)
24%

Total votes: 21
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:38 am

We're a little further into our Trial without Tells or Guild Channels.

Liselleynn

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:44 am

Yes on the tells, it gives the game a much more thematic feel, but no on the guild channels as it makes coordinating things a lot more difficult if something is happening and backup is required.

Hawke
Discord Handle: Evhor

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 am

No tells makes the game much more enjoyable, but I'd rather guildchannels were a thing, they make coordinating much easier.

Rosequartzfox
Discord Handle: Rosequartzfox

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:38 am

I just moved to other forms of ooc comms like discord or messenger apps. I do wish we could have guild channels back.

Also , if we do get tells back, could there be like a check that won't allow you to send/receive if you are in RP?

wimple

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:48 am

Wish there was the option for guild channels in the poll. I'm fine with tells being out, but guild channels would be very helpful.

Taunya

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:07 am

I find myself missing tells from time to time, but it's not been a deal-breaker.
It does feel easier to keep things IC with them gone- not seeing or making many OOC comments on IC happenings.

I can't say I've missed guild channels personally, but perhaps a way to say "I'll get it!" when the guild greeter announces a visitor would be helpful.

Vee

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:24 am

I 100% do not miss tells or guild channels. In my experience, tells and the guild channel were always very distracting, especially when people got chatty or would start commenting on IC events. People can use pboards to coordinate guild events.

SilverMoon

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:14 am

Honestly, I've really missed tells.
Guild channels, I'm neither here nor there, but I know that with certain guilds it would really be helpful.
However, it's kind of difficult, when you want to tell a single person one thing, but you can't, so you essentially have to announce it to the room with osay, and in a big scene, or an intense scene, it can be immersion breaking, because it's not just you and one other person.
Secondly, osay still costs five xp, which isn't a lot. I'm not griping about it necessarily, but we essentially have no other way of communicating oocly with someone we're in a scene with, without it having to cost us. I would agree, five xp really isn't a lot. I'm not on about it, but over time it can become so. Because they add up. that's all, said my piece.
Thanks!!!

galaxgal

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Not having tells just makes me wish messengers ran a little bit faster. (I know, I know, Infrastructure does this! But I don't know which, if any Guild even favors it, and its effects seem often subtle and forgotten. :( )

I miss Guild banter, I guess, and the ease of setting up events it provided, but it sounds like the latter was an unwanted side effect of the featureand the former is of largely neutral value.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Taunya

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 pm

One thought I had is tells should be enabled between storytellers and ST participants, or otherwise give participants an equivalent to pecho to share private actions with the storyteller.
I've not had a chance to run or take part in an ST since tells were removed, but that's been in the back of my mind.

• Information