Trial removal of some OOC Channels - Update Feedback

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

On the whole, the change has been...

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:38 am

Positive - I prefer TI without Tells and Guild Channels
43%
Negative - I prefer TI with Tells and Guild Channels
33%
Neutral (comments below)
24%

Total votes: 21
chronodbu

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm 100% happy with not having tells and guild channels. Makes things so much more enjoyable and easy to immerse in. The lack of guild channels also drives members of the guilds to RP together rather than talking over the channels -and- it eliminates a lot of the echo chamber that had its way of forming to make bad feelings worse, or strike up prejudices.

Really is so much better without either.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:19 pm

I've asked Az to shorten the messenger timings from what it currently is (which is somewhere between 5 and 15 OOC minutes) to 3d2 minutes. This should be a good quality of life change, but still prevent people from using messengers like "IC tells" (which is why we put the delay in the first place).

Please continue to let us know about any of these little 'quality of life' suggestions!

Annalesa

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Neutral. Guild channels would be nice for coordination as others have said. I do miss tells a good deal, but other OOC channels have made this moderately tolerable.

I don't like it, but it's bearable, and I have come to an acceptance of it as the status quo.

I'm on the negative leaning side of neutral, if that makes sense, but still neutral.

galaxgal

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Kinaed wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:19 pm
I've asked Az to shorten the messenger timings from what it currently is (which is somewhere between 5 and 15 OOC minutes) to 3d2 minutes. This should be a good quality of life change, but still prevent people from using messengers like "IC tells" (which is why we put the delay in the first place).
Yesssss! Thank you. This really helps with those of us with tight schedules (or shorter bursts of high-intensity scheduling) with flinging together impromptu scenes - sometimes, that 5-15 minutes adds up. For the people who pick over and play in the Metrics system, will this still be modified by Infrastructure?
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

SilverMoon

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 am

I guess one of the reasons I miss tells, is because it makes coordinating a scene a bit more difficult.
especially if it's someone who is on a different time zone and schedule than you. Yes, you can pboard back and forth.
However, if that person is online, a quick tell conversation is so much more convenient, than to write up a whole pboard post on it.
I don't know if that makes any sense, or if it's a me thing, but it just seems personally, a bit clunky to do it that way, when one is used to tells and it's instant. Rather than writing, waiting for someone to see it, edit it, read it, reply to it. I know I'm making it sound complicated, and it isn't, but my point is like I said, it's just super clunky to me.
sometimes, you post something, and people don't even see it.
Then sometimes and this one's rare, I run in to situations where, I really need a tell.
For example, I was following someone, and I lost them.
It would be so much more convenient to send a tell, than to try and pboard them, hope they see it.
Another time, I was following, and got locked out of the house we were both going in to.
Again, a tell here would be so useful.
anyways, I said my piece earlier, just making an addendum to it.
Thanks!!!

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:40 am

Perhaps notes posted to the Personal board could beep like Notify/Page do?

Geras

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 am

I voted "Negative - I prefer TI with Tells and Guild Channels" but I really only miss guildchannels.

Tasker

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am

I'm sort of luke warm on all of it, I've spent so long with guild channels it still taking some getting used to. Personally, I'm finding it harder to actually feel like I'm part of a cohesive guild.

One suggestions I can make, is a system to sort of 'ping' the guild when you come online if you choose, so people know you're there without having to look at the who list and catch you on.
Last edited by Tasker on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:04 am

Maybe notify guild could let people ping their Guild channel that they are on and available.

Kuzco

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 am

There's the page command which I now use extensively to notify my usual rp partners of when I'm now online. Can also be manually applied to the guild members. Specially Reeves, Knights, and Physicians, where it matters to have at least one member online.

• Information