Prestige Uses

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 pm

During today's OOC Chat, players asked if we could expand on prestige. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to do a brain storming session, so what kind of additions are players keen to see with the Prestige system?

Kuzco

Mon May 27, 2019 2:36 pm

How about consideration for RPA? Maybe to curry favors from NPC nobles and royalty?
More gpoints? Bonus charisma? More support slots?

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon May 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Kuzco wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:36 pm
How about consideration for RPA? Maybe to curry favors from NPC nobles and royalty?
More gpoints? Bonus charisma? More support slots?
I don't know about more support slots, really. With the game at the level it is, pbase-wise, I think there would be a danger of having too many support/subverts, and not enough people to really throw in those slots. I actually like having to pick and choose, shift it around as things need to be changed. It makes us make conscious decisions - who needs us right now? Who do we hate enough to take up that slot? Is it really worth it? If there are too many slots, then it becomes an issue of - eh, I have all these slots, I'll hate everyone! Doesn't matter! Wheee!
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

galaxgal

Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm

What about more weight, at least IP-wise, for each support/subvert slot based on Prestige level?
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon May 27, 2019 4:50 pm

galaxgal wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
What about more weight, at least IP-wise, for each support/subvert slot based on Prestige level?
... maybe. Some people weigh more because they are more well known. Makes sense, realistic.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

galaxgal

Tue May 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Kitty wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:50 pm
... maybe. Some people weigh more because they are more well known. Makes sense, realistic.
I'd definitely be worried about upsetting the chemistry of how influence generation works, which I honestly don't fully understand, but it does seem like it'd model that popularity aspect by more prestigious people having people petition them for support more often.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Kinaed

Wed May 29, 2019 7:49 am

Thanks for the feedback so far. Are there more ideas? I might bump this link in-game as I don't think the person who originally raised the topic has spoken.

Star

Thu May 30, 2019 1:29 am

Hi everyone!

Since the topic came up in the last OOC chat, I have come up with some ideas which could be implemented for the prestige system. This would have two purposes: 1) realistically portraying what being Court Favourite means and its IC implications and 2) doing so in a balanced way that respects the game and promotes political roleplay.

To determine the first point, we have to understand what it means to be Court Favourite in Lithmore. First off, Lithmore is not just any court, it is the Queen's. It is the center of politics within the game world and far beyond it, serving as the main nexus of power, wealth, and influence within the kingdom. So what does that entail for being the most favoured noble in the royal household? Having the ear of the highest ranking nobility, up to and including royalty. That is not to say all nobles and courtiers agree intrinsically with a PC, but the value here is access. To have favor at all is to be in contact, direct or otherwise, with the powers that be.

Keeping in mind these suggestions and ideas are already factoring in the second point, I want to highlight that maintaining CF in any long term situation is very resource intensive and costly. Instead of a title held for bragging rights, the goal of these changes would be to incentivize player engagement, vying for power through the prestige system and contributions through noble projects.

I propose a few different avenues to have this represented on-grid and have taken comments from the chat:

Radiune says, "Yeah, being able to only improve one allows people to 'choose their battles' - though I think it'd be neat if you could majorly promote one and have a secondary lesser promote for metrics if you had a certain prestige level."
While I like the idea of having a second support/subvert slot for city metrics, adding weight to any support/subvert for the cycle would be appropriate. It also takes into account the power of nobility in a roleplay sense, that if guild leaders find themselves in or out of favor with the CF there will be a tangible impact. It also promotes the need to engage with nobility, and by proxy the members of council to achieve goals.

Kuzco states, "I could use with Prestige having more impact than IP and money. Very few people take it into account at all."
More money or silver generated as a bonus for weekly IP conversion would remedy some of this. I also would like to see that noble projects have a CF force multiplier applied to them for influencing city metrics upon success. Currently, only gentry are able to have 5 support slots where nobles may only have 4. Becoming CF should grant the 5th support slot for nobles, as their position is far more influential than most gentiles and would be capable of actually directing high-powered support towards other PCs.

HELP PRECEDENCE

First Tier
1 Ruling Monarch, Patriarch/Matriarch, Regent
2 Keeper of the Seal, Heir Apparent, Retired Monarch, Duke/Duchess
3 Prince/Princess, Royal Consort, Cardinal, High Steward, Court Favourite
With all of this in mind, the Court Favourite would reasonably have First Tier precedence with that of third rank, sitting after High Steward. While it is not an official title or honoric per se, neither is being an indentured servant. This would reflect the virtual implications of treating with the powers on high, and actualize the importance of Court as a dynamic entity within Lithmore(either through RPA in this Tier or intrinsic courtesy).

I look forward to hearing all your thoughts!

Kinaed

Thu May 30, 2019 11:54 am

Star wrote:
Kuzco states, "I could use with Prestige having more impact than IP and money. Very few people take it into account at all."
More money or silver generated as a bonus for weekly IP conversion would remedy some of this. I also would like to see that noble projects have a CF force multiplier applied to them for influencing city metrics upon success. Currently, only gentry are able to have 5 support slots where nobles may only have 4. Becoming CF should grant the 5th support slot for nobles, as their position is far more influential than most gentiles and would be capable of actually directing high-powered support towards other PCs.

Each Prestige rank already confers +1 IP and +25 silver per week per rank to a character's weekly earnings.

The Staff will consider whether the Court Favorite should get an additional support slot.
Star wrote:
HELP PRECEDENCE

First Tier
1 Ruling Monarch, Patriarch/Matriarch, Regent
2 Keeper of the Seal, Heir Apparent, Retired Monarch, Duke/Duchess
3 Prince/Princess, Royal Consort, Cardinal, High Steward, Court Favourite

With all of this in mind, the Court Favourite would reasonably have First Tier precedence with that of third rank, sitting after High Steward. While it is not an official title or honoric per se, neither is being an indentured servant. This would reflect the virtual implications of treating with the powers on high, and actualize the importance of Court as a dynamic entity within Lithmore(either through RPA in this Tier or intrinsic courtesy).

I look forward to hearing all your thoughts!
Added to Help Precedence as above.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

This isn't a direct response to the topic, per se, but I would personally like to see a bit more transparency around where my prestige is coming from -- or even where it's NOT coming from but could.

• Information