Capital Crimes and Misuse of Power

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Tue May 07, 2019 1:06 am

Corruption works best when it flies under the radar or when it applies to someone no one cares about though. When neither of those conditions are met I'd argue things are unthematic.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed May 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I think a trial for every capital crime would be cool, but unrealistic as they are difficult events to organize. This is why Reeves have the sole legal right to convict. That said, I'd love to see trials be a thing when dealing with bug cases.

I've heard things in the past like "we killed so and so because they just irritated 'people' (unclear who they are) so much that we didn't know what else to do to stop it". I'm not really sure how I feel about that.

Taunya

Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 pm

I think thematically, which I think I read in the Queen's Law book, only nobles are entitled to a trial for murder, while all are entitled to one for treason.
But for big murder cases, it could be more fun in general to have trials, even if they don't necessarily have the right to one. We don't get nearly enough trials, and I think it's a great avenue for RP. Up to the reeves, though.

• Information