Seeking RP & Matching

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat May 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Maybe without any code changes people could start using the Who list that way?

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Sat May 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Starstarfish wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:33 pm
Maybe without any code changes people could start using the Who list that way?
This is a possibility.

But I really think messengers could be used with more, uhm... creativity...

As time goes on, we learn just who might be lingering in those rooms that we might not have an excuse to be going to. Because, if we're honest, 'where' says they are available for RP, and we know that. If we want to RP with them, but don't have a reason or means to get to them, is it possible you can think of a reason to get them to come to you? Even if they aren't on where, and they are on 'who' and you want their attention, there are ways to let them know. Messengers are brilliant.

The thing about messengers is, they can be sent as many things. Imagination can be used here. They don't necessarily have to be used as a direct message from one person to another. If you think about it, even in IRL, we get informed of things in several different ways.
  • They could be someone stopping by to inform someone of something (hey - there's this person taking a nap outside the door at your house, you might to check into that)
  • A sneaky servant stepping out to tattle on their master (I'm sorry if you're busy, but I know you're -----'s friend, and she's just had something really upsetting happen. She told us not to say anything - you know her, but do you think you might just have time to 'happen' to stop by? She needs some company.)
  • A messenger that is just disobedient (So, see, ---- summoned me to give you a message, started to tell me what it was, then changed their mind and shooed me away. They already paid me, so I decided to find you anyway. No clue what they were going to tell you, but... they're nice looking, huh? Might want to go check it out. Eyebrow wiggle.)
Really, the possibilities are endless, and you can have fun with it. And if they can't get to you, so be it! But... you can give the people out there a nudge that you want to play with them, but can't get to them.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat May 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Developing a regular messenger with an NPC personality for things I agree can be really amusing.

• Information