Recent Changes?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Rothgar

Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am

Lockers phased out. Existing lockers will stay, sale of new keys removed.

Can we talk about this? I didn't even realize this was happening until someone pointed it out to me. I feel like this is a terrible decision, why is this happening? And if it's an inevitable change, why are older characters allowed to keep lockers? Why are we punishing newer players with this?
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Lockers are a very old system that was put into place before free phomes were around to allow all people to store equipment. They do not work the way real, physical lockers would; ie, there's an object that is a locker carried around in the inventory of a locker owner. Real lockers would persist in game when people are not around and would not provide neigh perfect, inaccessible security. We considered simply making lockers real objects spawned and available in the banks, but that would have taken programming time that could be turned to other, better pursuits. Storage pathways for keeping things in game already exist as an alternative.

We grandfathered existing lockers because we felt it would be of less impact to players to allow them to retain what they already had.

• Information