New Support Policy

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

LonelyNeptune

Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:44 am

I've been asked to give my own alt medical attention in the past. I delegated it. There are two GLs for every guild. It's not hard to find ways to keep your characters from crossing over.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:07 pm

I just hope people keep in mind that IC support can't always be reflected in code support for some really good policy reasons.
I think that is a good thing to keep in mind for a number of different things at times. That if someone delegates to a second party something, it might be for any number of reasons. (Crossover, policy, to include more people, to spread the love, to give a cyan a place in things, etc.) Sometimes that can lead to disappointing/frustrating sort of scenarios but ... it is good to keep in mind.

Kuzco

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm

That moment may be the time to disclose alts through tells, or at least to quietly warn that due to crossover, you can't act on the support request.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 pm

There are a number of ways to handle a situation like that, either ICly or OOCly, as fits the player's personality, the situation, and comfort. At an absolute worst case, you can also approach staff, explain the situation, and get a waiver to allow both alts to interact.

However, having two alts extremely close in relationships and parallel interests, especially if not vetted by staff, isn't allowed. We are conservative about this, so it's best to approach staff with any potential crossover if you're not sure what to do. We apologize for how awkward this can be, but we feel it's more important to prevent alts from, by sheer virtue of their existence, providing advantage.

• Information