Manus

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

lkbalboa

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:10 am

Does anyone else miss the Manus? More specifically, a group of mages who by policy were there to offset the Order in theme and be antagonistic? If so, what could have been done better to ensure people joined up and wanted to be active?

aseon

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Speaking as a newer player who came in after the Manus was disbanded, I'm going to give my two cents. As I understand, the Manus was done away with because of a fundamental conflict between policy expectations and how it was actually behaving (i.e., acting as a sanctuary instead of an antagonist). That said, I'm not sure how it could over the long term develop any other way. All of the other guilds, even the antagonistic ones, have solid reasons that reasonable people may join them. Manus as policy dictates sounds to basically be a dangerous cult, and that's not exactly something most self-preserving people or characters would want to be involved with. It comes off to me as a faction that would have to be highly black-and-white in its purpose to maintain acceptability. I'm not saying such characters couldn't be fun to play, but players are players and players do like characters that will last longer than a couple mad months, which seems the likely lifespan of someone whose joined a cult whose entire purpose is to piss off the Order.

Just my thoughts on it, maybe I'm off.

Geras

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm

What I'd like to see is more code support for non-guild associations (whether it's mercenary groups or covens or whatever). Allow Manus-like groups to form and collapse over time, but let them buy property together, pay taxes together, that sort of thing.

• Information