Exile and its Implementation

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

galaxgal

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Kinaed wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:14 pm
I'm not sure I understand what is being said here.
Ehhhhh, what I mean is, you stated that the average QP of the playerbase was around ~60 and I was wondering if that varies dramatically between playerbase demographics.

Like, extreme example, if a player who's often a bystander storywise has, say, 110 QP from accumulating it slowly, and another rapidly gains and spends QP to accommodate plotting with RPA or such and only has 10, that still means out to them having 60 QP on average, but the one who's more likely to get hit with exile has far less -- that would say a lot about the consternation that just happened over the QP cost of coming back after exile. Based on what vaxin says:
vaxin wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:53 pm
That just proves we have some unimaginative players -- who keeps their QP for more than a week? Especially someone playing a villain.
I would wonder if this is an actual trend among very active "villainous" characters.

To be clear, like, I'm not trying to insinuate y'all don't know how like, a mean works, I'm just trying to clarify what I was trying to remark on/ask about as much as possible.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:40 pm

It naturally skews towards the age of the character because QP is an accumulative system. In many ways, it's hard to determine who is a villain on TI. Certainly players "doing more stuff" with their QP tend to have less.

centersfocus
Discord Handle: Law Racer#8491

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Taunya wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 pm
If some of the other suggestions were implemented, I'd be fine with exile being free. What could cost x IP is a warrant that turns the NPC population against them to enforce an exile if they return to grid, or bringing to bear NPCs in order to capture them to exile them.
So something I'd like to point out here is that as far as I know, all of the other things was in play. None of them had impact because he was 'noble' and we don't have a way to strip that. Maybe we should look at a way of stripping rank down so that other tools have an impact?

With the change done to fines, it breaks the hold that Reeves can have on an account. So what if we gave that sort of lock to the merchants who could have banks ban access to someone as part of the blacklist? It's a means of control and to try to bring people down that isn't directly related to conflict.

Otherwise? I'd LOVE to have 'heighten security' capabilities via IP or QP. RPA only goes so far in the moment, afterall.

centersfocus
Discord Handle: Law Racer#8491

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 pm

vaxin wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:53 pm
That just proves we have some unimaginative players -- who keeps their QP for more than a week? Especially someone playing a villain.
I did want to note here:

I've played villians. I don't use QP. I just dumped a bunch for an alt. But otherwise, I just don't use it. So I don't necessarily think it's unimaginative, they just go different paths. :)

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:26 pm

For awareness, here is the current text of the Exile room:

The IC Exile Safety Room
[Comfortably warm]
Characters who log into this room have been exiled (HELP EXILE) by the
Seneschal of Lithmore. The character has found a place of physical safety.
At this time, there are three options:

1) Accept the exile as the end of the character's story. Exiled
characters have, by necessity, generated wide-spread IC news and will
receive 100% of death XP regardless of current Rec_Level.

2) Choose to stay in this off-grid safe room and ply their case to
the Seneschal, other authorities, or other characters via mail. This
room is set to accommodate full courier access.

3) Defy the exile and return to the grid, understanding that the
character is at extreme IC disadvantage due to their status with the
Crown, and they retain their current Rec_Level. Please read HELP EXILE
carefully, and note that this option is free of cost unless the
character was arrested and exiled, in which case it costs 50 QP to
return to grid.

Please contact staff via the Request Board if you have any questions,
concerns, or to inform them of your preferred option.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:00 am

I really like the addition of returning to grid being free if the exiled character wasn't arrested. I feel like that helps alleviate some of the concern. Still not a fan of exile, but this makes it a bit more... likeable? for lack of a better term.
Lurks the Forums

Geras

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 am

Yah, solid change. <3

galaxgal

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Me gusta!
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information