Creative, Thematic Punishments

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:21 pm

One thing we're lacking in our toolbox as Reeves is punishments that are between the severity of whipping and full blown execution. I thought others might be able to come up with creative, possibly historically based ideas on what could be done in such cases. Ideally stuff that is RP friendly - like, amputation - and not RP unfriendly - like being locked up alone.

Taunya

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:24 pm

The stocks are supposed to be implemented sometime. Place them in the Crossroads for people to jeer at for a while.

For more potentially lethal options, a nice community flogging would be nice from time to time. Gets everyone involved instead of just watching a scripted execution.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 am

Reeves, like Priests/Inquisitors, can be as creative with punishment as the player wants them to be, so long as those above them write off and grant permission (in this case the Lord Justiciar).
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Geras

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:30 am

Only as creative as our own faculties allow. I'm asking for OOC help with that creativity.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:24 pm

My question with coded amputation is given a lot of things aren't coded for "handedness" on TI for example we have an inventory separate from our hand slots, how functionally does that work? How one that be represented in code?

Would staff entertain a stat change for something that severe?

Taunya

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Amputations are just handled ICly. We do have some neat craftable equipment like peg legs and hooks that help pull it off though! I think requesting a stat change is fine, though probably not necessary.

-+[-__-]+-

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 am

Assign an NPC retainer Reeve guard to people assigned public service. GLs are allowed to have guildee NPCs. This lets the PC be free to play without waiting for another person to be available to follow them around. They'd need RPA to try slipping their guard or to do anything an aggressively attentive babysitter would otherwise catch.

Trespassers can shine X number of pairs of PC shoes in some public location.
Destroyers of property can be made to assist in X number of Infrastructure metric influence attempts/noble projects.

Kuzco

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am

Just take a pinky finger off, Yakuza-style.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Geras wrote:Only as creative as our own faculties allow. I'm asking for OOC help with that creativity.
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. If you're looking for creative ways to punish people, that's different from the Reeves thematically lacking the ability. I believe there's some IC literature on the topic, but I could be mistaken?
-+[-__-]+- wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 am
Assign an NPC retainer Reeve guard to people assigned public service. GLs are allowed to have guildee NPCs. This lets the PC be free to play without waiting for another person to be available to follow them around. They'd need RPA to try slipping their guard or to do anything an aggressively attentive babysitter would otherwise catch.

Trespassers can shine X number of pairs of PC shoes in some public location.
Destroyers of property can be made to assist in X number of Infrastructure metric influence attempts/noble projects.
I'd be fine with assigning an NPC as a punishment tied to a specific location — like an NPC Reeve standing watch in the precise situations like described above (in fact, there are already NPCs watchful of certain busy IC locations) — but the idea of assigning an NPC to follow someone around during all their RP would be awful, in my opinion, for a great many reasons.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Geras

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:19 am

Dragon - I never said the Reeves lack the thematic ability. I just lack the OOC creativity.

• Information