Feedback on Noble Projects

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Buzz K[ir]ill

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

FYI for those wondering:

11:13:26.621 (visnet) Player X: How long does
it take to increase prestige?
11:14:26.701 (visnet) Staff Niamh: One rank per 5
prestige points, 1 prestige point per successful project,
minus -1 prestige per OOC week for natural decay.

Looks like prestige points are granted at a rate of 1 per successful project, which is balanced against a -1 point per OOC week decay. Good to know!

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Buzz K[ir]ill wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am
11:14:26.701 (visnet) Staff Niamh: One rank per 5
prestige points, 1 prestige point per successful project,
minus -1 prestige per OOC week for natural decay.
Wait, so ... if I'm understanding this right, you'd need multiple projects PER OOC WEEK to advance any kind of prestige? That seems a bit extreme... In fact, prestige dipping at all seems a bit baffling, excepting on if a noble is inactive or hasn't completed a project after a meaningful period of time. From what this small blurb suggests, a noble completing 4 projects in an IRL month's time would not advance their prestige -at all-, much less a single "rank".
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Taunya

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I think she meant per OOC month for the decay.
There's more things coming to affect prestige though, so it won't only be projects.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Yes! My bad. The rest of that snippet, which I mistakenly didn't think was relevant enough to post, covered the fact that there will be more ways to gain prestige in the future. No idea what those will be, but I figure it's good to know the rate at which it is earned.

I would have thought it based on total IP sunk into the system successfully over time. More prestige for more daring projects.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:22 pm

I would have thought it based on total IP sunk into the system successfully over time. More prestige for more daring projects.
That seems to make sense to me as well.

Starstarfish

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 am

Being able to codedly slate IP aside for a project while it's being approved/finalized. (In a similar manner that Bid submissions handle things.)

lkbalboa

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 am

Having used noble projects, I really think they need adjusting in the way that they are so easily achieved. If I have all the IP ready, I can start a project and then finish it out the moment it is approved, with no chance of subversion. Getting a noble to subvert a project (if one is a commoner or gentry) is already a tall order.

Starstarfish

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Perhaps a minimum period of time they need to remain open? Part of that is the timing of IP rollover and project approval too. I'm not sure the better solution that, except like Bids perhaps allowing a set period of time for projects to stay open so things have the option of going back and forth.

I'll proffer that with my proposal that the project starter can slate IP into the project to begin with that is held in escrow until it is approved.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm

lkbalboa wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 am
Having used noble projects, I really think they need adjusting in the way that they are so easily achieved. If I have all the IP ready, I can start a project and then finish it out the moment it is approved, with no chance of subversion. Getting a noble to subvert a project (if one is a commoner or gentry) is already a tall order.
You can set your own IP goal while in the POLCA. I have set mine to values like 25, 45, 60. This represents the magnitude of the shift your project will have on the metric -- the more ambitious your goal, the more you will affect the metric. The POLCA is even kind enough to tell you what the anticipated effect will be. Pretty simple.

Also, you don't have to sink all your IP into your project right away. I chose with my last project to delay putting all my collected IP into it, so that I could carry out a little more RP first before it succeeded.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Starstarfish wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:04 pm
Perhaps a minimum period of time they need to remain open? Part of that is the timing of IP rollover and project approval too. I'm not sure the better solution that, except like Bids perhaps allowing a set period of time for projects to stay open so things have the option of going back and forth.

I'll proffer that with my proposal that the project starter can slate IP into the project to begin with that is held in escrow until it is approved.
Staff are pretty good about approval turnaround. I like to submit a project a day or two before the IP rollover so that it's approved just in time for everyone to be fresh up on their IP stores.

• Information