Mail profile edit cost

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 pm

I wish mail profile edits would cost less than 500 after purchasing them.
I made a typo and I have to dock the price of a horse to edit my header.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:48 pm

I'd say that given it's something you made yourself (arguably) it should fall under retooling policy and be able to be edited for a silver.

You should have to pay for each profile that has a header or footer when you set it up, not each time, the price to edit and utilize IMHO keeps them from being used. The cost for updates et al encourages the use of other formats that currently do not work with some other systems like Forgery.

Taunya

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 pm

I don't know. I think an honest mistake should be corrected as a one-time thing by Staff.

Allowing free edits or edits for a silver will take away a silver sink or opportunities for jewelers and artists to craft them. It should be expensive to make a new seal and such.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 am

In the past, contacting staff to help with typos in mail profiles has been something they can help fix.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:24 am

I definitely think there should be a reduction in the cost, as having to essentially pay for a new seal or header everytime you edit it is ridiculous, especially if it's something like changing your title if you've gained a new promotion.

My suggestion would be half the initial cost, with an alert to staff for edits, to ensure folks aren't completely redoing seals or headers.
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:58 am

I'd say a change in title warrants an entirely new seal being made. These are engraved stamps to press into wax. Once they're carved out, they're carved out.

For the headers, I assume they're like letterhead. Maybe they could be added to, but it'd just look unprofessional to not have a new set made. Like crossing out your old title and writing in the new one by hand.

-+[-__-]+-

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Staff are good about changing mistakes when they crop up, and you can edit them for about an hour after they're made if you happen to notice something yourself.

For other changes, remember it's potentially cheaper to go to a master artist or jeweler, who can make headers and seals, respectively.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:12 am

Staff will correct typos if you help file.

You can also get new headers and seals made by crafters for far reduced prices (to my understanding, this is in game).

If a player chooses not to seek an IC Merchant for a new seal, they will have to pay the default costs, which are expensive, yes.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 am

I believe at the meeting it was also mentioned that there's a 1 hour timer in place sort of like cnotes where you can indeed edit thing. But mentioning that in the help file or maybe a prompt might be good to remind people.

• Information