Reversing the Autoguildings

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Could this not be done please, particularly without warning? I took them to be IC and have RPed a fair amount with new recruits, and I don't think I'm alone.

A note of warning about this at the very least would have been nice.

Evrald

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm

So... The auto-guilding that happened, was due to a bug that was caused from a crash. It forced staff to reset activity to fix the bug. So anyone who happened to get sponsor'd for any guild before the guildleaders had a chance to get active, were automatically guilded as if the guildleaders were Inactive for more than a week. Resetting this is the right thing to do, the people who were auto-guilded can easily RP with the previously mentioned Guildleaders and become Guilded through standard means.
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

Calabora
Discord Handle: Calabora

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm of the opinion that the bug, regrettable though it might be, could still present compelling roleplaying opportunities. A GL could play it off as a clerical error ("someone must have accidentally switched the 'applicants' and 'approved' paperwork bins" or even, perhaps a bit more compellingly, "How'd you get in? I don't remember you..." "Been here six months, sah!" - that is, roleplaying that your character faked their way in and is trying their best to act natural ), for example.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm

RPing something that started as a bug is a bit awkward because some of those scenarios suggested might lead to negative IC consequences for the GLs and/or the applicants from no fault of their own.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Sometimes bugs happen and RP must adjust for their fix. So it goes, one of the things ya just gotta deal with, imho.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information