The Stranglehold of the Holy Order

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Giles
Discord Handle: Giles

Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Post deleted so as not to violate the rules.
Last edited by Giles on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:49 pm

You should not be sharing IC rationalizations for current IC events or involving characters that are still on grid, no.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Giles
Discord Handle: Giles

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Deleted the post. Sorry.

Helena

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks The_LastGoodDragon for the quotation of help cleansing. That's indeed the sentence I was commenting.

As for the discussion about the "agreement", I did not meant that the penance had to be agreeable. I only meant that, having to deal with the seal of the confession, the priest had not much other choice than sorting any possible disagreement about the penance within the confessional. At that time I never thought about seeking an inquisitor to say "Hey, X does not accept the penance I assign him." I'm now hesitating to consider if that's breaking the seal or not.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:13 am

Helena wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am
I only meant that, having to deal with the seal of the confession, the priest had not much other choice than sorting any possible disagreement about the penance within the confessional. At that time I never thought about seeking an inquisitor to say "Hey, X does not accept the penance I assign him." I'm now hesitating to consider if that's breaking the seal or not.
I'm not entirely sure, either. That's probably in the realm of gray area that the Grand Inquisitor could rule on if the situation arose. However, as others have mentioned, there is nothing written in helpfiles or in lore that I've read that suggests a Priest cannot be aggressive in ensuring a penance is not carried through. They might show up at the door of the person in question if the Priest found out it wasn't being properly carried through. They might assign a penance which requires the person meet with the Priest in a very public place (indeed, public penances are very much encouraged in Davism) and arrange for others to be present. If the person doesn't show up, well it's kind of a flag for an Inquisitor.

In general, the rules surrounding confession are to protect the Priest from being bullied by the Inquisition, from using "theme" as a way to pressure people into divulging very important secrets without a suitable risk involved. It's not to prevent other fun Role Play around Confession.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information