Exotic Pet for Each Race

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Evrald

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 am

So it was brought up at the end of the last OOC Meeting but what exotic pets are more thematic for which races?

Lithmorran have Nyxis?

Tubori have Parrots?

Vavardi have ?

Vandagans have ?

Farin have Monkeys?

Charalin have ?

Hillish have ?

The ones suggested are only due to specific sales happening in their areas or the creature being indigenous to the area. Need help figuring these out.
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

Taunya

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 am

Nyxises (Nyxi?) wouldn't really be considered exotic in Lithmore, they're endemic. Though it would be unusual to try to keep one as a pet.

Most exotic animals come from Farin or the Daravi lands. Lions, tigers, elephants, etc.
Charali have traveling circuses, with animals mostly from the above.

Tubor has parrots (as does Farin), and they might have iguanas.

Mink and ermine might be kept in Vandago, but for their fur.

The Hillish tarnlands border the Orkin Woods which have all sorts of scary beasties. Think chupacabra. Hide your goats.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 am

Do we imagine pets like things people would bring around town with them or pets they might keep in their house?

If the question is more what might be thematic pets for each race - I might propose.

Vavardi - I can personally envision Vavardi keeping songbirds, it seems to fit the culture. You could get a roller pigeon that you can train/will do tricks. Swans/peacocks at estates. Peacocks are great, they are beautiful and loud and annoy all your neighbours. Seems appropriate. ;)

Currently the Vavardi Trade Office isn't selling anything, maybe they could have some rare birds for sale. :D

Vandagans - Given the presence of fur on their starter gear/fashion, and their colder environs, I second the idea of ermine/stoat/weasels/ferrets.

Charalin - I don't know if I imagine Charalin keeping "pets" in the same sense as I imagine them seeing that as disrespectful to the animals to see them that way. So, I'd imagine animals where the relationship is more symbiotic - falcons/goshawks.

Hillmen - I'd love to see someone have a Hill Pony as a pet just walking it about. :D

DeadHandsome

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am

It says in the Lore, that Hillmen are more known to hunt with birds than with dogs so I would think that the Hillmen could have the hawk as a pet... exotic enough and specific to the race.

Geras

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

I really like the pony for Hillfolk idea.

wimple

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Honestly, I would consider the Charalin having Charalin horses as 'exotic' - no other excuse for someone from a lower class to be able to afford an animal like that. For Charalin and Hillfolk, I'd think most wild-type non-domesticated animals would be fair game. Hawks, falcons, and wolves have tended to be popular, depending on players.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:34 pm

I'd second Tubori having iguanas. I remember the character Gwyneth, an old prime medicus, having a reptile of sorts, and they had an amazing name for the species. I wish I could remember, as it sounded so much better than just iguana.
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Iguana in Tubori would be akoolowalo?

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 am

Taunya wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm
Iguana in Tubori would be akoolowalo?
Naw, it was something more creative than that, like it included some specific domain's name in Tubori, combined with like Rock hopper or rock climber.. God I wish I could remember.
Lurks the Forums

Geras

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am

• Information