Great Noble? What was so great about them?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Evrald

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 am

So I'm trying to figure this out myself but I thought that I would ask the populace of the game.

Who was the last great Noble?

What is it that made them so great?

What did they do that made them so great to be around?

What was the favorite thing you ever did?
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

chronodbu

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 am

There are three nobles who vie for this spot with me, and I can't really choose between them: Ariel, Emma, and Marissa.

Ariel was great because he was uncompromising and carried an aura with him that didn't require walking into a tavern and picking fights with lower classes, flouting how big he was, or generally being an arse about things. You just kind of knew he was a noble who commanded respect and he was rooted in just about every social circle in the game. He really got around and actively moved things.

Emma was a sweetheart who generally made people like her as the benevolent noblewoman who never once seemed to bask in it or do so out of some sense or gain. She just simply did things because they were right and proper and the Davite thing to do. She was a diplomat in many ways, managed to work on things to bring various social circles together, and actively went out of her way to try to empower people rather than trying to be the center of attention.

Marissa, well, she's terrifying. You know her displeasure in a subtle way without her having to outright express it. She's also highly intelligent in a ridiculous way and feels like she can generally walk circles around anyone in a social atmosphere.

To me, what makes a noble great is their ability to maneuver in social circles and get things done without feeling like they're being "LOOK AT ME I'M A NOBLE. LOOK AT ME" about it. It's an extremely difficult thing to pull off properly.

Geras

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Sigh. I miss having Ariel around.

• Information