Subjective Comments Regarding Other People's RP

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:33 pm

Dear Players,

Please see a log of the OOC Meeting that I'm referring to here:

Log of OOC meeting 6/2/2018

During the OOC Chat it came up that someone generally criticized another group of people's RP through a broad statement like 'we've never had an effective Seneschal', for example. Whereas I don't think the player who said it meant for it to be taken quite the way it was, and I'm so happy that someone spoke up directly and immediately about it... I'm still receiving tells from people upset by the rhetoric. They're upset enough that I feel it's worth writing a note separately to highlight that it's inappropriate to criticize other people's RP in general, and it is explicitly not okay in the OOC chat. Please be mindful of subjective comments about the quality or effectiveness of other people's RP.

To clarify on this particular point and why I don't think the player meant to criticize the players at large - the Seneschal role has been fraught with problems because it was designed and rolled out experimentally. We expect this role to consolidate and improve over time, but its failings are with staff and design, not the players involved with it.

Thank you for your attention and future consideration.

Kind regards,
Kinaed

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:24 am

As said player — yes, my comments were more directed to the historic use of the Seneschal role, not the players who have been Seneschal or their RP surrounding it. As someone else said to prompt my comment: "It feels sort of like a joke after awhile." My comment was more about the objective IC legacy of the characters who were Seneschal, which are, since November of my return, somewhat limited in scope.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information