Newb with newb questions!

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

thrashmetaldan

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:55 am

Hey guys! I'm Dan. Just getting a new character off the ground here, and I'm pretty overwhelmed by the depth of the game and the variety of options at my disposal! This is my first attempt at playing an MUD, as I just learned what they were, but I'm very excited to give it a go. I'm a veteran roleplayer of both Play by Post rpgs and tabletop, and I love that this seems to combine the best elements of freeform RP freedom with a fun level of crunch. But, I'm kinda drowning right now trying to figure it all out.

My biggest problem at the moment is that I hopped off my computer while in character creation, and now, hopping back in, it's not showing the page I was on, or the prompts for where I was at. Is there a command to reiterate them? I apologize if this seems like real rookie stuff. I'm not the most tech-literate guy. I just like story telling.

Other than that, all advice is welcome. Would love to talk character junk or whatever. I hope this end up being fun a fun pass time in my life for the forseeable future :)

May be a bit in answering replies, as I'm likely headed to bed soon. The reading to prep for character gen took me past my preferred bedtime haha.
Last edited by thrashmetaldan on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taunya

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Welcome!

It can be a somewhat steep learning curve, but well worth it! Happy to have you.

Do you recall how far you made it? There's two stages of character creation- first where you choose your character's first name, race, and stats, then the next where you can walk through a tutorial area (called Character Generation or chargen for short).

If you need to re-do the first part, you can type 'reroll', which lets you change all the initial stuff besides your name (Be aware, it'll wipe out everything you may have done in later stages- descriptions, restringing equipment, etc). If during the second part, it should have picked up where you left off, but you can walk southward to go back to previous tutorial rooms. If you accidently typed 'enter game', ask to be sent back to chargen on the visnet channel 'visnet (message)'

Good luck!

thrashmetaldan

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Perfect! Walking backwards should be exactly what I need. Thank you very much.

Puciek

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 pm

I do recommend hopping on the discord channel for newbie questions when you are not online on mud etc, it always has a bunch of helpful people: https://discord.gg/R242JYX
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

thrashmetaldan

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:30 pm

I'll be sure to check it out!

• Information