Antisocial Behaviour

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:23 am

Greetings,

Players have generally expressed distress at the level of hostility on the boards of late. I'm inclined to agree it's been somewhat worse than usual, and I'm also sad to say when I hear "there's a fight on the boards", I can close my eyes and guess who is involved with a high degree if accuracy. Can you? I'm betting yes.

So it's time to reign that in. This is how Staff are going to work:

- If someone insults you or gets out of hand on a thread, I expect you to drop Staff a Request Board in game with a link to the post and a complaint. Do not bother with the forum reporting tools, they don't feed properly into our policy system.

- Staff will determine if intervention is necessary and reply on the Request Board note what they are doing to handle it. Examples might be that they're editing the post, issuing a general reminder to people to be nice, issuing a warning to the player, or simply telling you straight up that they think the post wasn't out of line.

- Staff will then execute the specified action and post the Request Board note on our Policy Board as a record after 2 OOC days.

- Do NOT respond on the thread until a Staff member can read what was said, take the aforementioned action, and give you a thumbs up to reply. If you get a thumbs up to reply, that does not excuse the reply from scrutiny for the same sort of anti-social behavior. If a player does respond, particularly in a manner that escalates, that player will get their own warning.

- If Staff believe someone has crossed the line, they will not only moderate the thread, but also contact the player in-game on TI and tell them 1) there was a complaint, 2) explain why they agreed it was an issue, and 3) how they handled it. This note will also be copied onto the Policy Board to track warnings.

- If someone: 1) already has a warning, and they continue, 2) already has a warning and gets another ping for the same behavior in a short period of time (like within a week), or 3) has built up a large number of warnings over time, then they will lose forum privileges until Staff decide to risk the forums to their social ineptitude again.

Simple. So let's keep our nasty IC and our OOC disagreements constructive.

Thanks,
- Kinaed

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Just a highly visible reminder of things I've said elsewhere in other threads of this forum - ex-players who have no active characters on TI and have not been an active player in our game within the last four weeks, please be mindful about commenting to ensure that it is constructive. We have had historical problems where inactive players have hijacked threads and muddied the waters for our actual player base who have a real day-to-day stake in TI's welfare. It's not fair for the peanut gallery to try and grab the spotlight, particularly when it's just about entertaining yourself with how big of a mess you can make, so please don't.

Staff want to know our pbase's opinions on things. Staff don't want to know people who are not our pbase's opinions on things, and we want to know the difference.

If someone appears to be commenting solely to incite or exacerbate discord, we'll simply straight up ban their forum account, active player or not. Thanks!

(Edited after staff discussion to take a more lenient stance and recognize the potential value of inactive player commentary.)

• Information