Player Control over City Metrics

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Starstarfish wrote:How often will that be able to happen? Daily? Weekly? Whenever the Seneschal feels like it? That seems really potentially disruptive.

Also, I'm guessing that will only be for non-covert Guilds, so doesn't that give a big bonus for being the leader of one of those? IE - that are above the politics the other GLs are?
I like to think that if a seneschal is abusing their powers, the playerbase can come together to remove them. Seneschals can also be ousted, as we've seen in the past. They aren't exempt.

As for the covert gl bit, I feel like that is a fair payoff given generally being gls of those two guilds is a death sentence, and hence why they typically aren't invited to council meetings. Though a covert gl is also subject to support and subvert, so all it takes is getting enough people to subvert them to begin a gambit and oust them.

I should say I am infavor of this change, as it not only gives the Seneschal more power, but it makes them something to fear as well, something to be respected by fellow gls, whereas the Seneschal now is just a glorified secretary, trying to get all the little children to work together, if at all.
Lurks the Forums

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Seneschals can also be ousted, as we've seen in the past. They aren't exempt.
When has this happened in the past? And what's the system by which this occurs? Can one start a Gambit against the Seneschal? It hasn't happened within my time, so legit question.

The Council seems now coded with a 1st and 2nd GL - what will the 2nd GL spot of the Council be?
I should say I am infavor of this change, as it not only gives the Seneschal more power, but it makes them something to fear as well, something to be respected by fellow gls, whereas the Seneschal now is just a glorified secretary, trying to get all the little children to work together, if at all.
Plenty of people respect the Prime Minister, but that doesn't mean that Parliament debates don't get feisty and people have different opinions.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Living outside the city - our grid is essential Lithmore City and its local surrounds, which are under the Seneschal's administration. You can ICly live elsewhere if you want, but if you're physically turning up for RP, you're under the Seneschal's jurisdiction.

As for how often they can gambit someone, I suspect as often as they like.

Yes, the Seneschal can also be gambited and removed, whether anyone has done it before or not.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Starstarfish wrote:
Seneschals can also be ousted, as we've seen in the past. They aren't exempt.
When has this happened in the past? And what's the system by which this occurs? Can one start a Gambit against the Seneschal? It hasn't happened within my time, so legit question.

The Council seems now coded with a 1st and 2nd GL - what will the 2nd GL spot of the Council be?
Plenty of people respect the Prime Minister, but that doesn't mean that Parliament debates don't get feisty and people have different opinions.
But do they fear the prime minister? Fear is a far more powerful tool.

And it happened with Lyonie, her approval got low and a gambit was initiated, as is the process for every other gl. One could even count our technically first seneschal, who turned out to be a mage, who was quickly removed.

As for the 2nd gl matter, I don't think Seneschal has a 2nd gl, but it's more of a code thing, since it's not an actual guild people can join.
Lurks the Forums

• Information