[Poll] Should players be limited to one character in any given guild?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Should players be limited to one character per any given guild?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Yes
32%
No
55%
Maybe, comments below
14%

Total votes: 22
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Greetings,

I've fielded several complaints about a particular player being allowed to have multiple characters in a single guild. What do you think? Should it be allowed, why or why not? Let us know!

Puciek

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Yes, many times yes. It's too easy for crossover issues when there is any sort of internal turmoil, especially in smaller guilds.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Percival

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 pm

I think that, with particular guilds like the Merchants, one must be able to join to have a specific character concept, and limiting to one guild membership per player would be quite impactful. This particular complaint sounds more like a crossover issue or a monopoly, which should be addressed by policy on a case-by-case basis.

chronodbu

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm finding myself agreeing that it should be limited. Shouldn't really be much reason to have more than one character in a guild.

Might not be a bad idea to have an allowance for the Merchants specifically though.

Percival

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Or, I suppose, we could reintroduce the merchant selling licenses.

Puciek

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Percival wrote:Or, I suppose, we could reintroduce the merchant selling licenses.
That's an IC rule, depends on what GL wants to do.

Taunya

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm going to suggest a process like application being required before allowing an alt into the same guild. Should review the reasons someone feels they need another character in the same guild, and perhaps pass it by the guild leadership as well to be sure they're okay with it.

Guilds are a big part of the game, and it could be rather limiting for character development if they aren't allowed to join the same as another, but they should have a strong reason to as well. I think there is risk of crossover whenever two alts are in the same guild, so it should be monitored, and one ousted if it proves to be a problem. Should probably never allow a GL to have an alt in the same guild though.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm on the fence about this. While I do think there should be a limit, that it shouldn't be a straight one or none deal. I say this because some guilds can have very different roles within it. The only guild I've ever had multiple alts in was the order, and I was typically playing a knight and priest/inquistor at the same time. These are very different roles that play very different from each other, yet under this proposed blanket policy it wouldn't be doable.

So while my vote is for Maybe, i'm leaning to no unless certain leeways are provided.
Lurks the Forums

Puciek

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Voxumo wrote:I'm on the fence about this. While I do think there should be a limit, that it shouldn't be a straight one or none deal. I say this because some guilds can have very different roles within it. The only guild I've ever had multiple alts in was the order, and I was typically playing a knight and priest/inquistor at the same time. These are very different roles that play very different from each other, yet under this proposed blanket policy it wouldn't be doable.

So while my vote is for Maybe, i'm leaning to no unless certain leeways are provided.
And I don't think that this being forbidden is a bad thing. While they are separate, knights and orderites constantly cross paths and have to work closely together, so that's an issue brewing. And with the small pop of those guilds, even at best of times, any internal struggle makes it complicated.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Puciek wrote:
Voxumo wrote:I'm on the fence about this. While I do think there should be a limit, that it shouldn't be a straight one or none deal. I say this because some guilds can have very different roles within it. The only guild I've ever had multiple alts in was the order, and I was typically playing a knight and priest/inquistor at the same time. These are very different roles that play very different from each other, yet under this proposed blanket policy it wouldn't be doable.

And I don't think that this being forbidden is a bad thing. While they are separate, knights and orderites constantly cross paths and have to work closely together, so that's an issue brewing. And with the small pop of those guilds, even at best of times, any internal struggle makes it complicated.
I'd speak for yourself. I never had that sort of issue, and I even played Grand Inquisitor at the time when I was the only inquisitor... people just need to play smart, and stop treating their mistakes as if it's an issue with the system. Heck the only issues of crossover I've ever had was accidently forgetting which alt I was on and posting a rumor or replying to a rumor intended by another alt.

Are players so careless nowadays that they can't even handle crossover without it being reinforced via policy and code?
Lurks the Forums

• Information