Why Are Assets Limited to Chargen?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 pm

Rabek wrote:This is needlessly punishing to new players (who don't have all the XP as older players, who are going to have yet another advantage over newbies; not to mention many may not even understand the system and miss out on buying any before their cyan period runs out, like nearly happened to a friend I recruited)
The newbie rules were often times bent for new players, and older ones, when they've missed the cyan window for something (i remember having a trans past 50h, simply because I've forgotten a riding skill). I would be highly disappointed in staff if they've refused to set that newbie up with an asset.
Rabek wrote:doesn't make any sense ICly (why can't I buy or build a brewery as an asset when I can as a player-shop, exactly?)
It makes a lot of sense ICly, as it would take years (if not decades) to establish any tier2/tier3 size business in the dark ages. This sort of ventures in medieval times was almost always family ran, across many generations. Just think about all the things that have to be tackled - land, permissions, security, employees, the supply of good, sell the product. Arranging all of that required substantial travel and wealth, and even then you could go bust/destroyed in uncertain times.
Rabek wrote:and doesn't make any sense OOCly (as stated, nobody is ever going to sell if you can't replace what you sell; even if deaths put things on the asset market, this doesn't change the fact that you're discouraging sales... and deaths putting them on the asset market removes the 'unique to your character' justification listed above).
If someone will be desperate to buy, there will be someone desperate enough to sell. But it will be rare, because, well, if you've went through all the trouble of creating it - why would you sell it? And when they come from death, you will be able to adjust them to make them personalised to you (was mentioned on OOC chat), assuming of course that there is no one to inherit it.

Rabek wrote:They need to be purchasable with silver. There is no other advantage in the game that you can take in chargen but can't earn in-game, even if some of them (advancing in class or magery, mostly) are exceedingly rare due to the roleplay necessary to achieve them.
Sure they can be earned in-game, there will be some assets for sale, either staff spawned or from dead players. But it will require a commitment to get them. Additionally, it's a bit of fallacy of an argument, as the goal of assets is to have silver income, not having an asset itself, and there are many IC ways to make silver, even without assets (heck, most people who care about coin most certainly don't get bulk it from assets).
Rabek wrote:Are you telling me that freemen becoming gentry are more common and attainable than Gentry expanding their business network?
Neither should be common and Freeman upping will now not only will be harder (insane silver limit) but also we will now have more actual freemen, not gentry with southside access.
Rabek wrote:For the record, I maxed out my assets during the grace period. I'm not losing anything in the current setup; in fact, I have my oldbie superiority to maintain by keeping the status quo, what with my exceedingly large amounts of XP. I just find this to be poorly thought out and detrimental to the game as it stands.
This is populism. Being an oldibe with loads of XP/QP doesn't lead to superiority. It only leads to more feasible character concepts. In no way, a poor Freeman leads to worse RP experience than a rich up to his nose gentry. Unless someone plays for the win, then I can see the issue - and it's not one with game mechanics/theme.

I will also add that purchase wealth still exists, and so does the conversion of QP into silver. So you still can get wealthy "from thin air" after chargen if that is your wish. Just that now it comes with actual tangible price that has limits, unlike purchase silver which you could use wheneve you were short and not worry about the small bits of XP.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Many assets will make no sense being sold after the fact to someone else if they are meant to represent things like a stipend/inheritance from a family. Or any of the ones that represent illegal or heretical stuff likely shouldn't just be freely posted in public.

There's also currently no connection between assets and skills. You could currently buy and have say ... an asset to run a Brewery on a character that has no skill levels in Brewing which will be awkward RP wise in they mention it to someone. It will sort of make that character seem sort of questionable if not a liar.

Likewise, some assets should likely require clanning with certain Guilds. Would the Troubadours really not protest anyone running a private theatre without an association with them? Would the Order not take issue with non Orderites running an iconography shop or a charity without permission? Do the Merchants want random folks RPing they have arguably Merchant jobs without membership?

Because if people do stuff in chargen that doesn't make sense, how do we as other players encourage them to fix it? How are assets meant overall to be RPed?

Also, there's a playability factor of RL time to things otherwise stuff like crafting would take way longer, so saying well historically things took decades, no one really wants to think that it will take them RL years to do something on a game.

Puciek

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Starstarfish wrote:Many assets will make no sense being sold after the fact to someone else if they are meant to represent things like a stipend/inheritance from a family. Or any of the ones that represent illegal or heretical stuff likely shouldn't just be freely posted in public.

There's also currently no connection between assets and skills. You could currently buy and have say ... an asset to run a Brewery on a character that has no skill levels in Brewing which will be awkward RP wise in they mention it to someone. It will sort of make that character seem sort of questionable if not a liar.
That's why they can be customised after buying, to a degree. Why would your, not brewing character, buy a brewery in the first place? This is supposed to be an IC, not OOC decision whether you buy an asset or not. But stuff like inheritance could easily be resold, as it represents some goods.
Starstarfish wrote:Likewise, some assets should likely require clanning with certain Guilds. Would the Troubadours really not protest anyone running a private theatre without an association with them? Would the Order not take issue with non Orderites running an iconography shop or a charity without permission? Do the Merchants want random folks RPing they have arguably Merchant jobs without membership?

Because if people do stuff in chargen that doesn't make sense, how do we as other players encourage them to fix it? How are assets meant overall to be RPed?
Assets are supposed to codify how your character makes money, not first be created and then try to make them fit the arc. So if your character knows jack about brewing, why would he even think of having a brewing related asset? Unless he inherited it, but if he did and is disinterested in running it, well, then sell it. Or not, and roleplay having a poorly managed brewery. Or do both.
Assets only codified what people were RPing before, that they do X job behind the scenes, or they have family that does Y and sends them money, or that they are on a stipend. Nothing changed in that regard, so just grab whatever is your chars money maker and put it in as an asset. If newbie screws it up and creates something that is hard to RP around can always get that fixed. For example that Lithmoraan theatre could be moved to Vavard so the lack of it on the grid and/or clash with troubadours is void.
Starstarfish wrote:Also, there's a playability factor of RL time to things otherwise stuff like crafting would take way longer, so saying well historically things took decades, no one really wants to think that it will take them RL years to do something on a game.
Sure, but it has to somehow fit the theme too. And if you don't have a business - that's the IC reality of it, and no one is selling a business - another IC reality, then you can't just buy one. And that creates multiple RP hooks!
Now your character may get involved in some lengthy plot to maybe establish that business - with enough coin, support, rp and whatever else, I think that could work. Maybe worth to clarify with staff if plots could be used for asset creation in that fashion.
Or he can hire some ruffians to force someone else to sell their business, or just kill that person and forge their will to get that business or any other gazillion fun things that can be done - including going around and trying to offer lavish sums of money for any type of business. Offer enough, someone will sell. Or ruin the metric that his asset uses, when it makes almost no coin - people will be more willing to sell.

Rabek

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Puciek wrote:The newbie rules were often times bent for new players, and older ones, when they've missed the cyan window for something (i remember having a trans past 50h, simply because I've forgotten a riding skill). I would be highly disappointed in staff if they've refused to set that newbie up with an asset.
The opening post, indicating that someone who waited too long was told "too late," leads me to believe this isn't the case.
Puciek wrote:It makes a lot of sense ICly, as it would take years (if not decades) to establish any tier2/tier3 size business in the dark ages. This sort of ventures in medieval times was almost always family ran, across many generations. Just think about all the things that have to be tackled - land, permissions, security, employees, the supply of good, sell the product. Arranging all of that required substantial travel and wealth, and even then you could go bust/destroyed in uncertain times.
Why, exactly? Do you have sources for this? It doesn't really matter even if you do. Are you taking into account the fact that people can have a house built in a day? Or create full suits of armor in an IC hour? And you ignored the part of my post that indicated that you can have an actual on-grid pshop built without all this red tape you're claiming is absolutely necessary for businesses. You can't claim realism is the reason for all this when the precedent for realism has already been set far lower.
Puciek wrote:If someone will be desperate to buy, there will be someone desperate enough to sell. But it will be rare, because, well, if you've went through all the trouble of creating it - why would you sell it? And when they come from death, you will be able to adjust them to make them personalised to you (was mentioned on OOC chat), assuming of course that there is no one to inherit it.
This logic doesn't follow. If someone is desperate to buy, that in no way means someone is desperate to sell. Given the laws of supply and demand, assets are effectively worth infinite silver; that is what they produce (over time), and there is no way to get more except by people selling. No supply, infinite value. Death assets are just an assumption right now, without any confirmation by staff that I'm aware of, and they have many of their own problems (such as contradicting your 'unique' rationale, and reasons listed by both myself and Starstarfish in previous posts).
Puciek wrote:Sure they can be earned in-game, there will be some assets for sale, either staff spawned or from dead players. But it will require a commitment to get them. Additionally, it's a bit of fallacy of an argument, as the goal of assets is to have silver income, not having an asset itself, and there are many IC ways to make silver, even without assets (heck, most people who care about coin most certainly don't get bulk it from assets).
You keep arguing on assumptions that staff will personally fix the problem. That defeats the purpose of an automated system to begin with, as well as being unconfirmed (to my knowledge) assumptions. And the goal of assets is not to have silver income. We already had a system that accomplished that goal entirely. The goal of assets was to have a source of RP and a reason to interact with the city metrics system. Once again you contradict yourself, since you later go on to talk about how assets need all sorts of supporting RP to be justified.
Puciek wrote:Neither should be common and Freeman upping will now not only will be harder (insane silver limit) but also we will now have more actual freemen, not gentry with southside access.
There used to be no coded way whatsoever to advance from freemen to gentry except temporarily via becoming GL. It's actually easier now. And if you think the silver prerequisite is somehow prohibitive, you really aren't familiar enough with TI yet to be making these kind of erroneous statements. You also state that Freemen will become more common without providing any reason why that would ever be the case. It's also all beside the point that somehow getting an inheritance from your dead father is harder than getting ennobled.
Puciek wrote:This is populism. Being an oldibe with loads of XP/QP doesn't lead to superiority. It only leads to more feasible character concepts. In no way, a poor Freeman leads to worse RP experience than a rich up to his nose gentry. Unless someone plays for the win, then I can see the issue - and it's not one with game mechanics/theme.
You're being dishonest here, as well as purposefully misinterpreting my statement, so I see no reason to engage that line of conversation further.
Puciek wrote:I will also add that purchase wealth still exists, and so does the conversion of QP into silver. So you still can get wealthy "from thin air" after chargen if that is your wish. Just that now it comes with actual tangible price that has limits, unlike purchase silver which you could use wheneve you were short and not worry about the small bits of XP.
You're still going off on a tangent here, unrelated to the topic of Assets. As stated earlier, the point isn't the silver income, though that is of a part of it. Namely that newbies are going to be spending a big chunk of what used to be XP for skills on having a barely passable income, which used to be free. Or they're going to be poor for the character's entire life.
Puciek wrote:That's why they can be customised after buying, to a degree. Why would your, not brewing character, buy a brewery in the first place? This is supposed to be an IC, not OOC decision whether you buy an asset or not. But stuff like inheritance could easily be resold, as it represents some goods.
Once again, you contradict yourself. Assets are meant to be rare because they need to be unique to your character, but if you buy a new one you can change it to fit, so that makes it okay to buy used assets instead of making new ones! Don't you see the double-standard here?
Puciek wrote:Assets are supposed to codify how your character makes money, not first be created and then try to make them fit the arc. So if your character knows jack about brewing, why would he even think of having a brewing related asset? Unless he inherited it, but if he did and is disinterested in running it, well, then sell it. Or not, and roleplay having a poorly managed brewery. Or do both.
Assets only codified what people were RPing before, that they do X job behind the scenes, or they have family that does Y and sends them money, or that they are on a stipend. Nothing changed in that regard, so just grab whatever is your chars money maker and put it in as an asset. If newbie screws it up and creates something that is hard to RP around can always get that fixed. For example that Lithmoraan theatre could be moved to Vavard so the lack of it on the grid and/or clash with troubadours is void.
Why would they buy a brewery? Maybe they own a vineyard, and hiring people to turn it into wine is profitable. And maybe they need a building to let those people do their work. It's absolutely absurd to assume your character is handling every aspect of every asset personally; of course they probably merely manage some. After all, assets apparently took the place of roster jobs, so I assume that's exactly the intent. There are many ways to justify just about any asset a wealthy character might want to own. And it still doesn't explain why, exactly, creating a new asset has all these stipulations when buying a used one does not.
Puciek wrote:Sure, but it has to somehow fit the theme too. And if you don't have a business - that's the IC reality of it, and no one is selling a business - another IC reality, then you can't just buy one. And that creates multiple RP hooks!
Now your character may get involved in some lengthy plot to maybe establish that business - with enough coin, support, rp and whatever else, I think that could work. Maybe worth to clarify with staff if plots could be used for asset creation in that fashion.
Or he can hire some ruffians to force someone else to sell their business, or just kill that person and forge their will to get that business or any other gazillion fun things that can be done - including going around and trying to offer lavish sums of money for any type of business. Offer enough, someone will sell. Or ruin the metric that his asset uses, when it makes almost no coin - people will be more willing to sell.
No one is selling that business? Really? The dozen or so PCs on at any given time are the only people populating the entirety of the kingdom? Out of all the duchies, there is absolutely zero chance a theater is on sale in Vavard (or the owner could be pressured to sell via any sort of less open and honest means) unless a player is the one selling? You talk about realism at the start of this post, and here you throw it out the window entirely. vNPCs are established. Obviously. Why aren't they selling? And once again, if you can build an on-grid brewery, why can't you build an off-grid one via assets? It's a double-standard that makes no sense.

Your arguments are largely inconsistent, illogical, and often times self-contradicting. It feels like you're shifting your position as needed to defend the system as it exists, even at the cost of inconsistencies to defend the system's inconsistencies, and I'm not sure why you could possibly be so invested in the system as it exists to do this. This change would benefit everyone universally, so I'm not sure why you're so bound and determined to defend it that you'll write multiple lengthy, spammy posts (much like this one I'm writing) to do so.

Puciek

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Rabek wrote:
Puciek wrote:The newbie rules were often times bent for new players, and older ones, when they've missed the cyan window for something (i remember having a trans past 50h, simply because I've forgotten a riding skill). I would be highly disappointed in staff if they've refused to set that newbie up with an asset.
The opening post, indicating that someone who waited too long was told "too late," leads me to believe this isn't the case.
Puciek wrote:It makes a lot of sense ICly, as it would take years (if not decades) to establish any tier2/tier3 size business in the dark ages. This sort of ventures in medieval times was almost always family ran, across many generations. Just think about all the things that have to be tackled - land, permissions, security, employees, the supply of good, sell the product. Arranging all of that required substantial travel and wealth, and even then you could go bust/destroyed in uncertain times.
Why, exactly? Do you have sources for this? It doesn't really matter even if you do. Are you taking into account the fact that people can have a house built in a day? Or create full suits of armor in an IC hour? And you ignored the part of my post that indicated that you can have an actual on-grid pshop built without all this red tape you're claiming is absolutely necessary for businesses. You can't claim realism is the reason for all this when the precedent for realism has already been set far lower.
Puciek wrote:If someone will be desperate to buy, there will be someone desperate enough to sell. But it will be rare, because, well, if you've went through all the trouble of creating it - why would you sell it? And when they come from death, you will be able to adjust them to make them personalised to you (was mentioned on OOC chat), assuming of course that there is no one to inherit it.
This logic doesn't follow. If someone is desperate to buy, that in no way means someone is desperate to sell. Given the laws of supply and demand, assets are effectively worth infinite silver; that is what they produce (over time), and there is no way to get more except by people selling. No supply, infinite value. Death assets are just an assumption right now, without any confirmation by staff that I'm aware of, and they have many of their own problems (such as contradicting your 'unique' rationale, and reasons listed by both myself and Starstarfish in previous posts).
Puciek wrote:Sure they can be earned in-game, there will be some assets for sale, either staff spawned or from dead players. But it will require a commitment to get them. Additionally, it's a bit of fallacy of an argument, as the goal of assets is to have silver income, not having an asset itself, and there are many IC ways to make silver, even without assets (heck, most people who care about coin most certainly don't get bulk it from assets).
You keep arguing on assumptions that staff will personally fix the problem. That defeats the purpose of an automated system to begin with, as well as being unconfirmed (to my knowledge) assumptions. And the goal of assets is not to have silver income. We already had a system that accomplished that goal entirely. The goal of assets was to have a source of RP and a reason to interact with the city metrics system. Once again you contradict yourself, since you later go on to talk about how assets need all sorts of supporting RP to be justified.
Puciek wrote:Neither should be common and Freeman upping will now not only will be harder (insane silver limit) but also we will now have more actual freemen, not gentry with southside access.
There used to be no coded way whatsoever to advance from freemen to gentry except temporarily via becoming GL. It's actually easier now. And if you think the silver prerequisite is somehow prohibitive, you really aren't familiar enough with TI yet to be making these kind of erroneous statements. You also state that Freemen will become more common without providing any reason why that would ever be the case. It's also all beside the point that somehow getting an inheritance from your dead father is harder than getting ennobled.
Puciek wrote:This is populism. Being an oldibe with loads of XP/QP doesn't lead to superiority. It only leads to more feasible character concepts. In no way, a poor Freeman leads to worse RP experience than a rich up to his nose gentry. Unless someone plays for the win, then I can see the issue - and it's not one with game mechanics/theme.
You're being dishonest here, as well as purposefully misinterpreting my statement, so I see no reason to engage that line of conversation further.
Puciek wrote:I will also add that purchase wealth still exists, and so does the conversion of QP into silver. So you still can get wealthy "from thin air" after chargen if that is your wish. Just that now it comes with actual tangible price that has limits, unlike purchase silver which you could use wheneve you were short and not worry about the small bits of XP.
You're still going off on a tangent here, unrelated to the topic of Assets. As stated earlier, the point isn't the silver income, though that is of a part of it. Namely that newbies are going to be spending a big chunk of what used to be XP for skills on having a barely passable income, which used to be free. Or they're going to be poor for the character's entire life.
Puciek wrote:That's why they can be customised after buying, to a degree. Why would your, not brewing character, buy a brewery in the first place? This is supposed to be an IC, not OOC decision whether you buy an asset or not. But stuff like inheritance could easily be resold, as it represents some goods.
Once again, you contradict yourself. Assets are meant to be rare because they need to be unique to your character, but if you buy a new one you can change it to fit, so that makes it okay to buy used assets instead of making new ones! Don't you see the double-standard here?
Puciek wrote:Assets are supposed to codify how your character makes money, not first be created and then try to make them fit the arc. So if your character knows jack about brewing, why would he even think of having a brewing related asset? Unless he inherited it, but if he did and is disinterested in running it, well, then sell it. Or not, and roleplay having a poorly managed brewery. Or do both.
Why would they buy a brewery? Maybe they own a vineyard, and hiring people to turn it into wine is profitable. And maybe they need a building to let those people do their work. It's absolutely absurd to assume your character is handling every aspect of every asset personally; of course they probably merely manage some. After all, assets apparently took the place of roster jobs, so I assume that's exactly the intent. There are many ways to justify just about any asset a wealthy character might want to own. And it still doesn't explain why, exactly, creating a new asset has all these stipulations when buying a used one does not.
Puciek wrote:Sure, but it has to somehow fit the theme too. And if you don't have a business - that's the IC reality of it, and no one is selling a business - another IC reality, then you can't just buy one. And that creates multiple RP hooks!
No one is selling that business? Really? The dozen or so PCs on at any given time are the only people populating the entirety of the kingdom? Out of all the duchies, there is absolutely zero chance a theater is on sale in Vavard (or the owner could be pressured to sell via any sort of less open and honest means) unless a player is the one selling? You talk about realism at the start of this post, and here you throw it out the window entirely. vNPCs are established. Obviously. Why aren't they selling? And once again, if you can build an on-grid brewery, why can't you build an off-grid one via assets? It's a double-standard that makes no sense.

Your arguments are largely inconsistent, illogical, and often times self-contradicting. It feels like you're shifting your position as needed to defend the system as it exists, even at the cost of inconsistencies to defend the system's inconsistencies, and I'm not sure why you could possibly be so invested in the system as it exists to do this. This change would benefit everyone universally, so I'm not sure why you're so bound and determined to defend it that you'll write multiple lengthy, spammy posts (much like this one I'm writing) to do so.
Thanks for the personal attacks, I've stopped reading your post after 3rd. If you want to make a point, leave personal attacks behind.

Delphine

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:34 am

Okay, I've kinda skimmed this thread and I feel like the original questions being asked are ones that can only be answered by staff. Temi seems to be the staff mainly doing the assets (just from what I've observed) and she's been on vacation. So maybe OP could send her a pboard or a request board, bringing up some of these concerns when she gets back tomorrow?

As for the other points that have been brought up throughout this thread's course, I thought I would just briefly sound off on my own asset experience from the POV of a newbie to this game. I created April 12. I understand there are newer newbies, but I had exactly one OOC week to prepare for asset purchasing time and I managed decently enough, with Temi's help.

We had been given the Asset spec at an earlier OOC meeting, the meeting right before our big crash that rolled us back one IC week. My spec was eaten in that so I never had a chance to read it and prepare myself for assets. At the OOC meeting the week before assets were going to be rolled out, they were announced again, along with the fact that purchase silver was no longer in-game (which was a big blow to me as purchase silver was essentially my character's income; I wish staff had done an announcement board or a general board some time that week, making people further aware of this, but it's done and dusted now).

Grinding tailoring and jeweling at the higher ranks is expensive, yo.

I had like 339 RPXP at that OOC meeting when it was announced assets were being implemented the very next week. Via some rather frantic RPing, I managed to have 10k RPXP by that next Saturday. I then dumped a lot of my QP into XP conversion to bring me up to 15k XP, as I had no idea going into negative RPXP was a thing (that I have only ever seen brought up in this thread). Boom. I bought my first asset. I then snagged a Tier 3 asset as those don't cost anything. And then the week before the cut-off, I dumped some silver and purchased a third, with Temi's help.

Now, things I think could have been done differently? I think there should have been more announcements about, "Hey, guys. Don't forget that the cut-off for assets is this Saturday!" It would have taken a few seconds to write out and would have saved some people some grief, it sounds like. But miscommunications happen. It's a fact of life. Personally, I feel like two weeks was plenty of time to get squared away on asset creation for existing players. This is coming from someone who didn't have years of RPXP to fall back on, who wasn't up to my eyeballs in silver (total newbie; I didn't have the RPXP in chargen to simply purchase wealth after dumping all my RPXP into my class and my skills and stats), and who had exactly one OOC week of a heads-up to prepare for this.

I'm sure staff will eventually be adding assets to the market for purchase. Assets are still new. The cut-off occurred this past Saturday, right? That was four days ago, if I'm not mistaken. And as Temi (who seems to be the assets guru) has been gone, well... I think it's just a matter of time and patience. And perhaps making some polite suggestions? Along the lines of, "Hey, I think it would be really cool to see some assets in the assets market." Polite. Simple.

As for why asset creation is, now, just limited to chargen, that is clearly a question for staff. I have theories on it, of course. But I'd rather not speak on those things I don't know about.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:17 am

I've drawn staff attention to this thread and requested we artificially populate the asset market for now.

kipperialovskii

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:55 am

Let's calm down for a moment, and break down the issue, here.

*Relying on the Asset Market.
The point of this subject seemed to bring to light the issues in relying solely on player input on a system like this, and a error in communication.

I can see both sides of this very clearly. The system, I enjoy. It helps me, as a GL, decide what is fair pay, and increases player involvement in guilds. However, the acquisition of assets, does need a bit of fleshing out, if we're going the route of windowed opportunities, there does need to be a means to buy, before it can be sold reliably.

So, the question is more of, what can be done, to alleviate this situation? Should there be an artificial injection of assets, to allow ample opportunity? Should people be killed, in the name of acquisition? Should assets award monetary gain for putting them up in the market to be sold, to encourage it? It's a fluid subject. And let's keep it to construction. Let's not get into the politics of old players vs new players. It scares more people away, than it actually gets done.

As I'm writing this, Kinaed seems ontop of this. We're in the ironing out process, and people are high-stress. Let's take a moment to breathe, and let things take their course, now that things are in motion.

Rabek

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 am

Puciek wrote:Thanks for the personal attacks, I've stopped reading your post after 3rd. If you want to make a point, leave personal attacks behind.
Pointing out illogical, contradicting, or missing arguments is not a personal attack. It's an attack on your arguments, which is how these things work.

Rhothrian

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Kinaed: Thanks for weighing in. Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of the asset system and what I think the purpose was. However, with asset ownership already capped by social class I really don't see the need to further restrict the system by only being able to purchase from sales to the market by other players.

Example, with the basic level 1 asset and guild pay it would take me approximately 9 OOC weeks or 9 IC months to generate the silver for the purchase of a level 2 asset. That seems like a very reasonable ammount of time which I assume is part of the goal: to slow down the rate in which silver is created and and gage that rate based on social class. Now as a gentry I would have three more assets levels To fill and even greater periods of waiting and then my income is set, period.

• Information