Death XP and Guildleaders

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey all - reading through the OOC minutes a thought occurred to me - could active guildleaders be given a bonus to death XP, and former guildleaders be given a smaller bonus? Say 20% extra death XP for an active GL and 10% for a former GL? GL roles are a pain in the butt but make the game as a whole better. They also often come with an increased risk of death - even in the more non-violent guilds. I think this would be a good way to reflect that.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:21 pm

I'd say that would be nice, particularly because as a GL, you might not spend a lot of your time banking up skills anymore that automatically convert to Death XP. You spend a lot of time doing stuff that has small XP gains - reading and sending mail, etc that does a lot to push the RP of others but might not always add to your own RP bank if you are doing a lot of these things in a room by yourself.

Tasker

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 am

I would be very much in favor of this, the guild leader roles always need to be filled and they're pretty hard to do with IC'ly and OOC'ly. I think players should be given recognition for this, as recommends are -always- slow to come in. On Gothan I only got to about 50% rec level which was a bit disheartening, considering the amount of time and XP I'd funneled into the character.

Misstery

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:00 pm

While I certainly can relate to the thankless work one can do GLing, I'd like to suggest a modified approach since some people GL for a week, some
don't interact with their guild and some GLs have higher risk than others.

I would suggest that staff give a higher percentage for in guild recommends and even more so when it's directly related to being an active GL.

Personally, my recommends shot up dramatically when I've GL'd, because of the interactions with more people on a more profound basis. A lot of them being related to helping guild members, driving guild RP in guild or for others or running guild related events.

Geras

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Maybe a bit of both? I said that because IMHO a lot of the most important GL work is also the least visible.

Zeita

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 pm

I would support this.

Make it a +1% rec per active week as a GL. That covers both former and current, and rewards length of service.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Zeita wrote:I would support this.

Make it a +1% rec per active week as a GL. That covers both former and current, and rewards length of service.
I'd have to disagree with the +1% per week. Frankly that seems like alot, for little to no action. Rping for 1 hour a week is not worth more death xp in my opinion. Sure there may be GL's that do more, but there are GLs that don't, and who only survive on the bare mininum. The fact a GL does not even technically have to rp with their guild to remain as GL... I'd rather not reward that behavior.

Also I should clarify I'm also against giving GL's an automatic Rec Increase. I say this because frankly, you don't need to play a GL or even a villian to get a decent Rec Level. Vicannia for example, does not have the villian bonus yet has mustered over 50% rec level. If people aren't recommending you, and your Rec Level isn't increasing... Maybe that should say something. I've noticed that when one recommends others, they too tend to get more recommends because then are reminded that such a system exists.
Lurks the Forums

Klapman

Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 am

Voxumo wrote: Also I should clarify I'm also against giving GL's an automatic Rec Increase. I say this because frankly, you don't need to play a GL or even a villian to get a decent Rec Level. Vicannia for example, does not have the villian bonus yet has mustered over 50% rec level. If people aren't recommending you, and your Rec Level isn't increasing... Maybe that should say something. I've noticed that when one recommends others, they too tend to get more recommends because then are reminded that such a system exists.
Yeah, I'm not going to act like an expert on this because I've had a whole lot of vodka tonight, but usage of the Recommend system will just encourage more of it. Just use the damn system GEEZ
Characters: Jamus Grunsky, Takaro Sanche, Renton Feland

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 pm

If people aren't recommending you, and your Rec Level isn't increasing... Maybe that should say something.
The Recommend system is very subjective to what other people feel is good RP. And given comments on the forums about the varying expectations of intensity to be recommend worthy/a good RPer there's a range of opinions there. So there's not a universal truth there.

But yes, people should recommend each other more.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:33 am

Sorry, I'm not in favor of this. As someone mentioned, GLs already tend to get a boost by virtue of more interaction with folks. There are a lot of perks to GLing, from additional influence to access to a LOT of silver. I don't think the job needs more rewards.

• Information