Asset Template Ideas

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi folks!

We are working on filling out the set of asset templates. We have something now that addresses all the metrics, but before I bias you by showing it, I'd like to make sure we aren't forgetting anything you might care about! What are ideas for assets that you would like to see? Feel free to be as specific or general as you might want. Asset templates will be pretty general, so that you can fill out the details, but I can make sure there would be something that fits your specific ideas. This would include things like shop jobs, vineyards, banks, trade fleets, and _your idea here_.

ICly, how does your character make their money? What do you say the class money you automatically get comes from?

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Well aside from trade fleets, I've often rped vicannia as her family having bought out businesses who were at risk of going under, then spending resources and time to build said businesses back up, under the Serre name, so that they can be a competitive force. Typically this is just to gain a foothold in different domains and regions. Hence why I rp as Vicannia's Business being a Conglomerate versus just a company.

Not sure what you would classify that as. Bought out businesses?
Lurks the Forums

chronodbu

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Things that center specifically in Lithmore rather than outside of it.

Restoration Services, Construction, Taverns, General Labor, Site Surveyors, City Ordinance and Inspectors, Trade Sector

Temi

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Okay, having given some time for people to respond without biasing you, here's what we're currently looking at. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing Given that you can flavor each of these to fit your own ideas, did we miss anything important?

Voxumo

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:34 am

Temi wrote:Okay, having given some time for people to respond without biasing you, here's what we're currently looking at. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing Given that you can flavor each of these to fit your own ideas, did we miss anything important?
I'm loving the Business Takeover asset... Probably my favorite one.
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Voxumo wrote:
Temi wrote:Okay, having given some time for people to respond without biasing you, here's what we're currently looking at. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing Given that you can flavor each of these to fit your own ideas, did we miss anything important?
Well, your providing that idea did lead to it being added onto the list!

Voxumo

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Temi wrote:
Voxumo wrote:
Yeah, but what I love about it is the fact it's a "negative" asset. Something about that just makes me smile.
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Voxumo wrote:
Temi wrote:
Voxumo wrote: I'm loving the Business Takeover asset... Probably my favorite one.
Yeah, but what I love about it is the fact it's a "negative" asset. Something about that just makes me smile.
We figured that it's easier to buy businesses when the economy is down, so there's an argument for getting better things in those cases.

Voxumo

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Temi wrote:
Voxumo wrote:
Temi wrote:
We figured that it's easier to buy businesses when the economy is down, so there's an argument for getting better things in those cases.
That actually makes alot of sense when ya think about it that way.
Lurks the Forums

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:57 pm

What makes things Positive or Negative?

IE - what makes say a hospital_job "Anti-Health?" - as at face value I'd guess more people helping at the hospital would make the people overall healthier.

A few entries that might be useful - Usury as an option versus Bank (which might fall under a different Anti category), Lawyer/Barrister job for Lawfulness, Singer/Dancer roles for Entertainment, Cook/Brewer jobs, and Priest/Knights jobs on the Piety list.

• Information