[Poll] Should we bar the use of names and clear identifiers in the rumor system?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Should rumors hide people's names or outright identifiers?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Yes
31%
No
62%
Maybe, comments below
8%

Total votes: 13
Azi

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am

i could go either way, but the more that i think about it, the more i like the idea of removing names. once a rumour's in the system, it's divorced from the player starting it, and most vnpcs would only know the information secondhand or would refer to the subjects of the rumours as though they were telling the rumour to someone nearby who didn't know them. with degrees of separation and no familiarity, Haizea becomes "The Countess of Batarostra" or "this awful high-pitched sound" and Almaz becomes "that improbable Hillish knight" or "an improbable Hillish knight."

guildleaders and businessowners and their circles could more reasonably be referred to by their names, but someone talking about them to someone else that didn't already know them would probably use a short description like "the owner of the Three Cups," "the Magnate's personal protege," or "our Justiciar"

• Information