Do our emote standards make TI less accessible?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:39 pm

I've found that rp quality can fluctuate wildly with individuals not only based on their writing style, but interest in a scene, scene involvement, how the creative juices are flowing, still settling into your pc's headspace if you are new, etc. I've found that if I'm in a scene that I feel II'm not adding anything to, I'll try and get out of it. I also find that while still trying to find my stride with new characters, my rp tends to suffer for it, because I'm still trying to figure out the headspace, which means figuring out how my character would react to things.

I think a lot of people have pointed out a lot of valid points, but I agree that in the end, it does tend to boil down to different styles and what different people look for and like within their rp. If I'm really into a scene, I'll tend to emote longer, with more detail. If I'm not feeling it or still stumbling around wearing my character like an ill fitting suit of armor, I'll tend to suck at rp.

I've seen small posters grow though as well, and I'm coming to agree that not all small posts are poor posts, even if I tend toward wanting to be more descriptive myself. Even if it does not always work in the way I might wish.

Totally adding my backing to the shorter hemote requirements. Even I'm feeling the inflation in hemotes, and on a good day, inflation is probably what I have to try avoiding, not seeking. LOL

• Information