A general frustration of mine(and possibly others)

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm missing the general bent of this thread at the moment. Are we saying we want whereRP to always be on except in places flagged not to show people?

Zeita

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 pm

That certainly isn't my stance, I think it creates more potential problems than it fixes.

Geras

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:27 pm

I think at the very least we want whererp to be on in more cases I guess.

Kinaed

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Other than people having full control of it, as they pretty much do now, what's an improvement or good balance?

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Maybe big RP hotspots like taverns you shouldn't be able to turn WhereRP off?

Like if there's an NPC (shopkeeper etc) directly where you are and it's a place on the rumor mill, arguably there's virtual people there so acting like you aren't there is a tad odd. (Versus being in your house, where people wouldn't automatically know you are home, etc.)

Have flagging WhereRP off cost Rpxp like using an osay does? So that people think about it more?

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Starstarfish wrote:Maybe big RP hotspots like taverns you shouldn't be able to turn WhereRP off?

Like if there's an NPC (shopkeeper etc) directly where you are and it's a place on the rumor mill, arguably there's virtual people there so acting like you aren't there is a tad odd. (Versus being in your house, where people wouldn't automatically know you are home, etc.)

Have flagging WhereRP off cost Rpxp like using an osay does? So that people think about it more?
That already occurs. I know when at courier for example, the pigeon and courier at least, that even if I have rp off, it still shows up on where. Pretty sure the queen's is like that as well, though it's been awhile since I ventured in there.
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Voxumo wrote:
Starstarfish wrote:Maybe big RP hotspots like taverns you shouldn't be able to turn WhereRP off?

That already occurs. I know when at courier for example, the pigeon and courier at least, that even if I have rp off, it still shows up on where. Pretty sure the queen's is like that as well, though it's been awhile since I ventured in there.
Correct, any rooms which are flagged public you cannot turn whereRP off for. So, taverns, gathering places, etc. If there's other places that should be flagged public, that's something we can do.

As a separate note, I think removing the ability to turn it off and do shady stuff will not increase the people running across shady stuff, but reduce the number of people willing to do shady stuff.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Ah, well, my suggestions are mostly moot then, I was basing it on the fact that you can walk into one of those public areas (at least Crossroads is what I've noticed) and it shows you as having WhereRP off still, but it might not count as off. So you can't turn it off when standing there, but can walk in with it off.

Onyxsoulle

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 pm

I was going for getting rid of Whererp toggle, but I can see it would lead to more problems than not, probably.

Kinaed

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm

I'll discuss with staff. Either we can make more places private and remove the whereRP toggle, or we can make more places public and leave the toggle in place.

Honestly, I like people who want to hide having to work at it. *cough*

• Information