Encouraging PC Shops

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Keeping as many shops as possible within 1 travel distance of major RP hubs I think would go a long way.
With the coded ability to travel without remembering the way is that really a thing? Also obviously not everyone can manage to get the best spots, and if folks have taxes set up on autopay in theory you could have a shop occupying a space for a long time that isn't actually "active." (There seem to be a few places like that on grid.)

Also, I know personally that I only sort of remember/know what shops exist via the roster list, so is there a policy about requesting a PC shop be added to the roster list?

I'm really just spit balling some ideas.

Temi

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:25 am

Starstarfish wrote:Also, I know personally that I only sort of remember/know what shops exist via the roster list, so is there a policy about requesting a PC shop be added to the roster list?
Yes, the policy is that you may. Request board it!

myarta

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 am

Starstarfish wrote:
Keeping as many shops as possible within 1 travel distance of major RP hubs I think would go a long way.
With the coded ability to travel without remembering the way is that really a thing?.
What he's saying is that travel has a maximum range. If you are at the bank / crossroads / queen's and you hear about a new shop and you try 'travel The New Shop' and it fails, then you may not know where to travel to first like 'oh let me travel to 'market square'' and then try 'The New Shop' again. Anything you can reach with one command from the crossroads is acceptable, even if it's 15 rooms not 2 rooms. But be careful making it unable to be found from there, or people will give up.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 pm

So what's travel's maximum range then?

Pixie

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:29 pm

It depends! I'd recommend giving a few different spots a try and seeing where you can get and where you can't get. The further from the Crossroads it is, the more likely it is you won't be able to travel there in one shot.

• Information