[Poll] 1st GLs removing 2nd GLs

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

How should a 1st GL be able to remove a 2nd GL?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Demote the 2nd GL with 1st GL available commands, at will.
42%
Demote the 2nd GL with 1st GL available commands, at an IP cost.
21%
Require a gambit, as per the removal of the 1st GL.
26%
Use plots to engage staff for decisions by higher up NPCs.
5%
Another idea, see comments below.
5%

Total votes: 19
Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Zeita wrote:The Knights and the Order are really two sides of a single coin, both of whom are subservient to the church and the philosophy of the organisation as a whole. If one takes a look at help precedence, while not perfect, it does indicate that the Grand Inquisitor and the Earl Marshall are roughly considered to be equals. Given this, I think that the Order should be treated differently to the rules that govern the other guilds; the Earl Marshall is only the second GL because someone has to be by the code. They operate autonomously, have entirely different hierarchies, etc. I believe that the old 2nd GL titles (Archbishop/Grand Master) are also maintained within this structure?
The Archbishop and Grand Master are both still ranks and still GLs technically with access to Gl Channel I believe, we just haven't had anyone to fill them in awhile.
Lurks the Forums

Limonade

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:56 pm

I say gambit.

1GL needs to think about who they are putting in, and I am willing to presume that (as for the 1GL) the 2GL will develop NPC/PC internal supporters where if they are at a high approval rating, the guild would be discontent. And if they are at a low approval rating, the gambit will just be easier. Boom.

RE: Order. Probably in its own category, as the GI and EM occupy two very distinct positions and neither really defers to the other. (At least, as far as I understand the roles.)

myarta

Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm

GM is available for being assigned but it won't show on guildleaders. Accordingly, the EM can choose to delegate them coded leader powers or not or leave the position purely 'RP' filled. If the latter, no 'rank' / 'subrank' / GL chan etc. ABP is probably the same.

Geras

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:36 pm

I voted for the authority to remove the 2nd GL at will, with the recourse being you could try to subvert and take down the 1st GL as recourse. I think Zeita raises a good point that this may not reflect the IC situation in all guilds. Maybe the helpfiles on the positions should clarify the relationships - just because you can use a command doesn't mean it always conforms with RP and policy.

Misstery

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:27 am

I voted they should retain the ability to remove a 2nd GL but with an IP spend. This shows IC that they have the clout to do so. I like the idea to set cost based on the 2nd GL's ranking. However I'd be fine with no cost, also.

With respects to the Order, I've always seen the Grand Inquisitor with more authority than the Earl Marshall, but how thay works guild wise I'm not sure, the merger muddled things a bit imho.

I think for a 1st GL there is sufficient risk in removal, afterall your guild might in fact remove you. I'd rather stuff didn't go to NPCs like the Queen and the Cardinal because I prefer a hands off approach from staff.

• Information