OOC Support Thread - You're Awesome and Here's Why

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Pixie

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:46 pm

In the interest of weakening the shade of OOC tension, I think this might be a fun and/or useful exercise for the community to take part in.

Pick somebody from the game, whether it's someone you don't always see eye to eye with or otherwise. Provide a comment illustrating the worth of their contribution to the game, to you, and to the IC world. Try and pick somebody that isn't already a friend or supporter. I truly think we might be surprised by the positive, true things we can come up with when we sit down and set our minds to doing it; likewise, people might know they're being criticized, but they probably don't know you appreciate that they do X or Y.

Hopeful Rules: No veiled barbs. No "buts" or "even thoughs". Keep it positive. We have countless threads for venting frustrations; lets not make this one of them.
Last edited by Pixie on Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Starting us off! I pick Rimilde.

I've never had the opportunity or naturally evolving moment to express my appreciation for Rimilde's step-up into the Justiciar GL position. It can't have been easy to be the person who took it on immediately after a deeply-embedded, long-term predecessor, but she did it and has stuck with it for the long haul. I have never spent a week wondering where the Justiciar is; she's highly active and involved, has a demonstrably consistent character outlook, and lets be honest, her description is among the most evocative in the game. There is obvious effort and care taken by her player to create a full package; personality, description, quality poses, and keeping the game stock full of that "Reeve presence" atmosphere. Thank you Rimilde for doing what you do. You're awesome.

chronodbu

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:15 pm

I pick Misune.

I've never had a chance to express my appreciation for the things Misune brings to the game. Conflict isn't an easy thing for a lot of people to do and it's even more difficult when they take a chance at potentially getting in major trouble for it. He does that regularly on his characters, particularly one in recent memory who is no longer with us. His RP Quality is consistent and I have personally witnessed some character growth at one point with other characters that the character of Misune may have otherwise despised. Thank you for what you do, Misune. You're awesome.

Applesauce

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 am

I pick Farra.

I don't even play with her, in fact I hadn't even met her on any character until TODAY and even that was like a one pose scene. But her reputation quite honestly preceeded her. I have heard good, I have heard bad, but the fact is I have heard a lot of IC stuff about her long before I ever even laid eyes on her character, which makes her a lot more real and tangible than many other characters.

Good for you for being Real =)

BattleJenkins

Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 am

I pick Lissette!

Lissette was a good friend of my character, but there were many others close to her - she built up a lot of really strong relationships with others... and then pulled off the harshest, most brutal double-cross I have ever seen in my entire history of roleplaying. Now that takes some serious guts. It set off waves through the entire game, and it's definitely an RP experience I'll never forget, even if I only ever heard of it secondhand. Bravo!

Gerolf

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:32 pm

I am going to choose Tomas.

I am not always the best at flowery language but I will say that my characters don’t interact with Tomas much anymore, though previous ones did. I remember one night I had a particularly intense scene that I was still trying to mentally process and we got to talking in tells. It probably flirted with the OOC Crossover line but he let me vent and decompress as I was working through it. Even though we don’t talk so much anymore, the fact that he just let me talk through the scene at 2:00 am really meant a lot.

Giftherz

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:57 pm

This took some time to think of. There are A LOT of people in this game who are wonderful to play with. I was going to do Farra because, well serious.. Addienna and Farra? But she has received note already.

Hunapo - Hunapo is the Proconsul, a position that is not always easy or hard to pull off but it is most definitely a balancing act. He has stepped out of his comfort zone ICly at least a couple times to see things set straight, doesn't seem to shy from the intense 'I want to pull my hair out' scenes and is almost always available when you can call on him. I am pleased to be able and RP with someone who is OOCly understanding, as well as friendly. good job! Thanks for putting up with me!
Currently loitering as:
Addienna op Marama - Always a Poet Something

Pixie

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Pixie's selection of the month: ALMAZ.

Dude, Almaz is awesome. She's revitalized the Hillish presence and plays her place so flawlessly within the theme (often while contending with circumstances that would make that very challenging!) that it's mind-boggling. For me, she's been the Hillish character who I never, ever mistake for anything but, and she's somehow managed to balance that with being welcoming and easy to play with. Also I got to braid her hair once. I'll be doing it again, she just doesn't know it yet.

Leech

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:16 am

I've only recently started playing again after a long hiatus. Characters like Rimilde and Farra make me wonder why I left at all. A lot of good new players hit the MUD and I'm super excited to switch gears and play the background, watching their big stories unfold in the spotlight.

Shout out to one character that hasn't been mentioned though. I have no idea who plays her. Hopefully nobody I know.

Bess. Seriously, one scene and now I must have more. If it wasn't such sacrilege I'd outright call her the next Lei Varrick.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Sabrelon

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:40 pm

To all of you players who play antagonists, you're amazing. I love seeing you, and I love playing with you. I love being antagonized, and antagonizing. You make this game.

To all of you who are good sports about being antagonized, you're just as amazing. I love playing with you, and without you being an antagonist would be possible.

• Information