OOC Support Thread - You're Awesome and Here's Why

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:49 am

Renton: I haven't had much rp with this character, but what little I have had has shown a depth to the character beyond the "I will eat your face for breakfast" impression he gave off to Sil at first. Look once and not too closely and that's all you see when he's in Inquisitor mode. Look twice and there's a young leader standing behind that image, just trying to do what's right and to help where he can, even if he's got absolutely no idea how. He's nuanced, and I love that. I also love his tendency toward longer, more involved emotes. I'm not alone in my emoteinsanity!

Barcus: I've never seen a concept like this before, where a noble child enters the game while still learning how to be one. My rp with Barcus started out really sweet but turned pretty rough, pretty quickly, but he played the transition in such a child's genuinely clueless, thematic way, it felt so real! He's still young enough to be steered, and he expertly portrays how this can be both a good thing and a not so good thing depending on where you're standing. He alone has really hammered home to my character the stark gap between Charalin and noble, and did so with such thematic rightness that I was quite literally astounded. I'd never quite felt the dark, gritty aspect of that separation before, but I do with Barcus and it really is amazing despite it all. I'm also thrilled to read his blog; his backstory unfolds like an award winning novel in my mind. Keep doing what you're doing, Barcus, because it is working.

Noobus

Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:09 am

Seren: mage RP, especially when offering lessons to each other, can get dull very quickly. That is not what I have experienced when RP'ing with this character, your emotes and lessons are so well though out and engaging in every way, you even know how to pull one back if it seems like they are beginning to get lost to spark up something interesting. The character itself is a whole can I'd rather not discuss here but you're golden!
Zellos Syllus, Beorhtmund ab Gladnor, Jemven Lynilin

Pixie

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:03 pm

It's been aaaages... *casts level 100 thread revival*

Eirian! For being the noble that crosses the (often insurmountable-feeling) gap between class lines, while somehow managing to keep it wholly thematic. His use of his NPCs to facilitate actions that would otherwise be thematically shaky is so totally on point it's not even funny. The dude even runs a game-wide event every few weeks. Hats off to Eirian, because he's awesome.

And Rothgar. Always Rothgar. I could put up a paragraph about how ridiculously cool this character is, how he has taken a long (SO LONG) in-game history and made it into one of the most compelling written psyches ever, but I'd just be repeating what everybody already knows. Kudos Rothgar, you're awesome.

Percival

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 am

I second the recommend for Eirian. I've seen his estate and all the furniture. I love the anonymous roles the user plays. I won't mention them here. He spends a great deal of time fleshing out the in-game world.

Also shout out to the player behind Empena. I had the chance to speak with her OOC recently and the amount of thought that goes into her roleplay is mind-blowing.

Delphine

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Just tossing out a quick, "You're awesome," to everyone who's participated in Spring Awakening so far! It's been some great RP. To those who are chill and play along with my rpecho vNPCs: "WOO!" To those who didn't like the vNPC interactions I gave you: "I sorry."

And a special shoutout to Robin and Moxie for doing some rpechos of your own at the food faire! Those vNPCs just help make everything feel a bit more alive and it really touched me to see you guys jump in and help me liven up the place like that :)
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Andruid

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

First, a quick shout out to Rothgar and Empena for playing some of the most awkward elephants in the room that I have ever had the squeamish pleasure of reading about. The constant use of body language, non-Lithmorran languages, and muttered/whispered language to communicate adds all the more intrigue. Y'all write some fantastic emotes. I know I've recommended you already, but I wanted to toss you both one more serious kudos for sticking with it.

Also, a huge thank you to Calanthe for helping me run my latest (and final) event on Eirian -- your roleplay-within-roleplay as the "Bookish Librarian" as part of the Masquerade game was just fantastic. (Also loved the fact that the Troubadour Calanthe got stuck with the meekest/quietest role in the bunch, haha.) I must have laughed out loud at least five times during the course of that RP. Kudos!

Kuzco

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 am

Cerise. An very fresh character concept, whose soft power of spirituality and purity crosses all boundaries in the game, regardless of class, politics, race, or even magery. She's a silver needle that pierces everyone's hearts and threads them together. The fact that she's willing to bring some serious RP to Southside, and aims to always engage everyone (and particularly the lone character in bar scenes) is remarkable.

AlwaysShunny

Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Necroing because this was a great idea and I’m sad it died.

Lans is so awesome! It’s so nice to see a gruff, themely hardass Knight, since we’ve been lacking in that archetype for a while. Lans takes it beyond archetype and brings his character to life. I appreciate you, Lans, and keep being awesome!
the lord of the springs is king dav father

LANS

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 am

*grims*

Thank you. I try.

If I had to say someone, it would have to be Briar. Extremely knowledgeable, but willing to teach others, take risks, and admit when/if he's wrong. He brings mages together and keeps the story ball moving, and is even willing to cooperate (in his own terms) with characters across the spectrum. A worthy, respectable opponent.

Basdes
Discord Handle: Basdes

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 am

I second Briar for some fantastic RP and staying true to his character. Honorable mentions also go out to Sibylle and Calanthe for their super detailed prose, making every scene an enthralling read, Mazelina for being a sweetheart, and all-round X-Quartz for being historically an amazing troublemaker.

• Information