[Poll] Board or "Score"?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

To read unread board posts in TI, which do you do - type 'board' or check your score?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 am

I type "Board"
30%
I type "Score"
50%
Both
20%

Total votes: 20
Zeita

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:36 pm

I personally type neither of the options, but that isn't an option. Generally, I use the alerts provided when I first logon and just cycle through the 'note' command.

Perhaps something could be added to score similar to Mail: YES to say New Notes: YES ?

Dice

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:47 pm

Please give us boards back in score! It lets me log on, check score, and just know what new info I have to check out.

Pixie

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Dice wrote:Please give us boards back in score! It lets me log on, check score, and just know what new info I have to check out.
+1!

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:37 pm

So, the reason the poll is up even though the change already happened, is that events went sort of like this:

- Wounds go in, there's a new command called 'status' to explain wounds
- Kinky says to staff that it's probably best if the info in 'status' is in score, because that's where people go to check their status. This was mildly scoffed at with 'I doubt all of this info will fit in score'. Kinky replies, 'I CAN DO IT. I SHALL PROVE IT...'
- Kinky makes a new score and puts it up on the bugs board to get implemented, including a few other small score updates
- A staff member (Takta) goes, "Wait... where's the boards? I NEED THAT!" Kinky replies, "Really? You mean there are people out there who use that? Okay, I'll throw up a poll. I doubt Azarial will get to that change in the next 24 hours anyway..."
- Lo and behold, we all log in and... Azarial got to that change.

Anyway, if you are currently lost, please type 'Board'. I figure I'll give it a week for people to adjust and see if we really need to back this one out.

Puciek

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Kinaed wrote:So, the reason the poll is up even though the change already happened, is that events went sort of like this:

- Wounds go in, there's a new command called 'status' to explain wounds
- Kinky says to staff that it's probably best if the info in 'status' is in score, because that's where people go to check their status. This was mildly scoffed at with 'I doubt all of this info will fit in score'. Kinky replies, 'I CAN DO IT. I SHALL PROVE IT...'
- Kinky makes a new score and puts it up on the bugs board to get implemented, including a few other small score updates
- A staff member (Takta) goes, "Wait... where's the boards? I NEED THAT!" Kinky replies, "Really? You mean there are people out there who use that? Okay, I'll throw up a poll. I doubt Azarial will get to that change in the next 24 hours anyway..."
- Lo and behold, we all log in and... Azarial got to that change.

Anyway, if you are currently lost, please type 'Board'. I figure I'll give it a week for people to adjust and see if we really need to back this one out.
I have to ask then, what was the point of the poll? Because it clearly shows that boards in score are loved and most people do use them (and I don't think single person was "Oh yes, good riddance!") so it seems odd.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Kinaed

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Well, as I mentioned, the poll went up when I realized that I'm possibly an odd duck.

Guys, can't you just be happy that we bothered to ask opinions at all? I'm sorry that we're not perfect, and the right hand doesn't always talk to the left.

Kinaed

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Zeita wrote:I personally type neither of the options, but that isn't an option. Generally, I use the alerts provided when I first logon and just cycle through the 'note' command.

Perhaps something could be added to score similar to Mail: YES to say New Notes: YES ?
Anyone like this suggestion?

Puciek

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Why do I always come out as a complete jerk? I was just asking out of sheer curiosity, and seriously need to sign up for some communication seminar, apologies for my bad wording (it is sincere, but then again I clearly can't communicate well).
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Pixie

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Kinaed wrote:
Zeita wrote:I personally type neither of the options, but that isn't an option. Generally, I use the alerts provided when I first logon and just cycle through the 'note' command.

Anyone like this suggestion?
Very much!

Dice

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:48 pm

That suggestion helps a little but really won't ease my difficulties; I'd really like this to revert still.

• Information