[Poll] Board or "Score"?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

To read unread board posts in TI, which do you do - type 'board' or check your score?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 am

I type "Board"
30%
I type "Score"
50%
Both
20%

Total votes: 20
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:39 am

With new wounds in game, I was updating the Score to include some wound information. To keep Score concise, I thought to remove the "Boards" section from score because, well, I never use it and thought it was completely superfluous...

Lo and behold a staff member piped up and said, "Noooooo, I need that!"

This makes me wonder, how many of us really use the Board section in Score instead of typing "Board" when looking for information about unread posts? Please, answer our poll and let us know!

Puciek

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:51 am

I would say - keep the wounds out of score instead. They are not very dynamic and don't sneak up on you as surprise ;)
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:57 am

Truth be told, I only use board when I'm needing to check which board I'm currently on.... other than that I never use board. But I'm also one of those people who would rather have all my info in one place, instead of having to type numerous commands.
Lurks the Forums

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:01 am

The actual wounds aren't going to be listed in score - those are visible by looking at yourself (or should be soon) and typing the 'status' command (which I want to change to the 'wounds' command instead).

Rather, your max hp, current hp, and hp% are being copied to score, as is your general health. Basically, everything currently in 'status' except the actual list of wounds.

For me, I never use score for board information. I find it clunky, mixed in with a bunch of other information, and somewhat at odds with the purpose of the score command (which is information about my IC status as opposed to OOC).

... does anyone else see the above text in high white? Heh.

Voxumo

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 am

Kinaed wrote:... does anyone else see the above text in high white? Heh.
I did see your post in bright white, until I refreshed. Maybe it's this new boards manner of indicating unread/new posts since you last viewed the topic.
Lurks the Forums

Annalesa

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:04 pm

...there's a boards section under score? I think that pretty much sums up my answer.

Applesauce

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:10 pm

"Truth be told, I only use board when I'm needing to check which board I'm currently on.... other than that I never use board. But I'm also one of those people who would rather have all my info in one place, instead of having to type numerous commands."

Same answer exactly.

I see that in-game it was already removed, so not sure what the purpose of this poll or thread was. Maybe if you think it's too cluttered have a "score concise" that only lists what you want it to show. Or have that be the default and "score verbose" shows the whole thing, whatever.

Jules

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:29 pm

"I see that in-game it was already removed, so not sure what the purpose of this poll or thread was." My thoughts, as well.

Since I check Score for other reasons pretty regularly (mail, pvents, affects, etc.), I almost never needed to use "board." I liked how the red stood out, alerting me to new notes. It was only one line...
-- player of Jules and others

Temi

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:34 pm

I sort of use the boards in score. Certainly more than board which I never use. It provides a helpful reminder that things have cropped up in something I check anyways.

Voxumo

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Applesauce wrote:I see that in-game it was already removed, so not sure what the purpose of this poll or thread was. Maybe if you think it's too cluttered have a "score concise" that only lists what you want it to show. Or have that be the default and "score verbose" shows the whole thing, whatever.
*Logs on and looks at score...*
Bluh... It looks even worse now. Influence is on the wrong side, That % of max hp throws off what little flow there was with score... and where there were boards is just a gap now, with several more random gaps inbetween.
If in the future if staff want people's opinions perhaps they should wait till they get said opinions before making a decision... otherwise what's the use of even asking this if one's mind is already made up?
Lurks the Forums

• Information