[Poll] Seeking Discussion

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Do you feel that Seeking is in need of a change?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Yes, please make massive changes
29%
Yes, but please make only minor changes
29%
No, I'm generally content with seeking
21%
Maybe, somewhere in-between - comments below
21%

Total votes: 14
Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Pixie wrote:I think Vox's point was more that the seeking process is roleplay. You roleplay with members of the guild you're after to get their sponsorship. In TI's case seeking literally does equal roleplay. It's just that it's a specific type of roleplay, and the opinions on whether or not it's a vital type are somewhat divided.

As a brand new player, I found the seeking process (which was for 3 individual sponsors, at the time) to be what first managed to immerse me into the RP world. I was required to put in RP with members of the guild I wanted to join. I got to know them, have even maintained really long term IC friendships with 2 of the 3. Without seeking those experiences wouldn't have happened.

That's not to say everyone should or would enjoy it quite as much, but it can be really valuable RP. I also tend to feel that most of the issues folks have with seeking can be resolved by talking to other players and their would-be guildleaders. If all else fails, letters and couriers have gotten you nowhere, open a dialogue and voice your frustration. I strongly feel that every GL we have would respond with going out of their way to help you get things moving.
Exactly what I was meaning, I just worded it horribly. The rp in the seeking process can be very helpful to getting a grasp of the game. It also helps in getting your character established and known, which is a big help in this game. And I agree about the Gl bit, I can't think of a single GL currently, except maybe one, who would go out of their way to get seekers handled.
Lurks the Forums

Pixie

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Right right. There's situations where OOC contact to explain your trouble with the seeking process isn't feasible - I can't see the Tenebrae being capable of it, for example, considering it would out him or her. Same with Brotherhood members. But just generally! Seeking can be really valuable RP, and if you're having a hard time, people are truly happy to help.

For what it's worth, voted "minor changes only." I would like to see the 10 hours of RP prerequisite put into place and GLs given the ability to provide one sponsorship. Not to admit the seeker solely based upon their say so, but to provide a sponsorship without sinking IP (same as any other member).

• Information