Be mindful of one's workload.

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Zeita

Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 am

Voxumo wrote: And I also question part of the reason for this being planned, which was basically one less thing staff have to do so that they can have more time for other projects, but from the way it's been described staff are still going to have to approve room descs... so it's still something that they will have to do, just not the building part.
This change makes sense to me. Building can be time consuming for staff, and this reduces it to a 'look over and either a) approve b) reject outright c) reject provisionally'. It will also enable staff that usually don't do any building to be able to take away some of the workload as it doesn't require the same level of expertise/focus.

Back to the main topic at hand, I'm with those suggesting hiring someone else to do the work, and I hope that most of the complex masonry recipes will require high skills to encourage professionals. Much more fun RP to find someone else to build your secrets than trying to do it all solo-style.

chronodbu

Thu May 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Either find someone else to make it that isn't "chummy" or pay them more than the Reeves would. It's bad business to rat out your associates when a deal is made.

Building a super secret evil base comes with the consequences of it being found. If you can think of a legitimate way to build it that doesn't involve a mason(which if I'm not mistaken RPA could easily be used currently to locate your current home's builder or their disturbing disappearance because you're a murderer) then that sounds like something RPA would be useful for.

I don't see how player involvement is any different from staff involvement here. You would still be seeing the same trouble if the Reeves or anyone else with the authority to investigate did so.

If your character is unable to talk to any players on grid for this because all of those currently able to build that would be discreet hate or dislike yours...well...that's a hole the character dug for themself and maybe it's time they reflected on that.

Pixie

Thu May 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Zeita wrote:
Voxumo wrote: And I also question part of the reason for this being planned, which was basically one less thing staff have to do so that they can have more time for other projects, but from the way it's been described staff are still going to have to approve room descs... so it's still something that they will have to do, just not the building part.
This change makes sense to me. Building can be time consuming for staff, and this reduces it to a 'look over and either a) approve b) reject outright c) reject provisionally'. It will also enable staff that usually don't do any building to be able to take away some of the workload as it doesn't require the same level of expertise/focus.

Back to the main topic at hand, I'm with those suggesting hiring someone else to do the work, and I hope that most of the complex masonry recipes will require high skills to encourage professionals. Much more fun RP to find someone else to build your secrets than trying to do it all solo-style.
Seconded.

Geras

Fri May 08, 2015 2:42 am

So if you're using wood construction, or taking residence in a natural cave or field or the like, how does this work?

Leech

Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 am

A spec has yet to be introduced, so it would probably be unwise to assume things about how it works. As of yet, I doubt staff know exactly how they're going to include it, but I would doubt very much that the one room free phome is going to be scratched, or that RPA can't be used to assist in secrecy.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Geras

Mon May 11, 2015 11:41 am

Fair point. It would be neat if there is a magecraft equivalent put in at the same time even.

Onyxsoulle

Mon May 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Bag of holding/extra-dimensional portal *sage nod*

Applesauce

Tue May 12, 2015 1:23 am

chronodbu wrote:(if I'm not mistaken RPA could easily be used currently to locate your current home's builder or their disturbing disappearance because you're a murderer)
Just stash the body IN the secret room they built. *sagenod*

• Information