Log of OOC Meeting 9/6/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda to make sure we discuss it today?"

Kinaed states, "I'll take the few seconds of silence as a no. :)"

Temi grins.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll kick off the staff updates - I'm pretty busy with Ranged Combat, which is my focus. I have, yay, gotten a job OOC, but this cuts into my time and makes juggling my real life a bit hard, hence my being around less. Anyway, you can expect that to be the next spec I put out."

Lakali von Lorien claims, "Grats on the job."

Kinaed claims to Lakali von Lorien, "Thanks. :)"

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes sits down on the ground.

Kinaed says, "Last week, for what it's worth, I spent a lot of time catching up on requests, fixing up typos, resolving queries, and a couple of policy cases."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me - Azarial, are you in there? If yes, you're up."

Azarial claims, "Mostly bug fixes and smaller additions."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "Someone has decided she is going to get serious about teething, cutting into my time and sanity."

Kinaed claims, "There were 77 changes in the last two weeks, mostly minor fixes, but a few more major pieces. The more major, changes to functions instead of logical fixes, were posted in Help Aug2014 and Help Sep2014."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes cheers!

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes cheers!

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Lakali von Lorien yays!

Kinaed has transferred a young vandagan man with blue eyes. [OOC]

Temi gives a squishy, pig's bladder ball adorned with eight appendages to a young vandagan man with blue eyes.

Roewina Rosencarth belatedly cheers about ranged combat.

A young vandagan man with blue eyes says OOCly, "Sorry I was late, I'm in the middle of making chicken carbonara"

Temi claims, "Okay! So, in addition to some testing of new drunk code with Az just recently put in - hope you guys are enjoying it."

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes disposes of a squishy, pig's bladder ball adorned with eight appendages.

Lakali von Lorien isn't a proper vandagan, drinks rarely.

Temi states, "I've also finished up the holes I intend to plug up with tailoring and moved on to jeweling."

Kinaed cheers.

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes has been too stressed out about getting into the troubadours to drink.

Temi states, "None of it will be available now, but if you want to check out craft_ jewel -all"

Temi states, "That's my plans on jeweling."

Temi claims, "As I mentioned before, the jeweled ones will use actual jewels, and they'll be available in different rarities and cool bits with the appraise code, so you can put a nice rare jewel in it."

Kinaed smiles.

Gerolf says, "Oooooo aaaahhh"

Temi questions, "I do have one quick question for you guys - do you want bronze, copper and pewter metals to be able to place rare jewels in them that wouldn't be allowed by sumptuary?"

Temi states, "Basically - would you rather versatility or make it more clear what jewels are which sorts."

Lakali von Lorien states, "I'd like it."

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes says, "No"

A young vandagan man with blue eyes shakes his head. "I don't see a reason"

Roewina Rosencarth states, "Either way"

Temi declaims, "I guess I'll continue to think then. Okay, Kin, back to you!"

Karrina ab Vazien says, "I don't see a reason why it could not be done, Temi."

Temi says, "It certainly could be. More whether anyone would ever want to."

Temi grins.

Kinaed questions, "No worries. Nedyra is away today, so that means we're at the second phase of our discussion - Player Heartbeat! How has the RP been in the last week or so, folks?"

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes states, "It's been a bit slow, but I've enjoyed what I've gotten."

Kinaed says, "Oh, Nedyra's update, I forgot - misc website updates, and he's posted a lot of old phomes at the Real Estate office, so have a look if you want a pre-made."

Lakali von Lorien states, "Slow."

A young vandagan man with blue eyes claims, "Southside RP has been lacking honestly. It doesn't seem like many people are playing southside characters at all or if they are they're alts which see low usage."

Kinaed says, "At least half of the Brotherhood is active. Having a quick look at their whois activity to get a sense for how correct that is, or if they're active and just not RPing with you."

Kinaed claims, "Several of them are pretty active, though the guild isn't as large as it has been in the past. I'd prefer if the GL were more active than currently, but they're well above minimums. I think a seeker would find what they're looking for and be contacted in a reasonable time."

A young vandagan man with blue eyes nods. "okay"

Kinaed claims, "Mind, that's just the Brotherhood. From the perspective of 'southside RP' per se, your definition may be slightly different to mine."

Temi states, "With those sorts of things, sometimes it's hard to tell if you've RPed with them or not."

Roewina Rosencarth trails off, "I have a list of things I would like to be considered.... >_>"

Karrina ab Vazien settles back into a chair to listen to Roewina Rosencarth's list.

Roewina Rosencarth trails off, "Rpxp gain while in Astral would be nice.... "

Kinaed says to Roewina Rosencarth, "It should exist, if it does not, it's a bug."

Roewina Rosencarth states, "It doesn't at all. "

Temi states, "We've been trying to track that down recently."

Kinaed nods, "Az has put a change in for that, and it is currently in testing."

Temi claims, "I watched someone and saw them get it, but then they said they didn't, and when I went to test myself, I wasn't seeing any."

Roewina Rosencarth questions, "Also, I think we already spoke about the Knowledge node, Kink?"

Kinaed muses to Roewina Rosencarth, "I sort of remember, can you remind me and the inform the rest of us of context that they don't have?"

Roewina Rosencarth says, "I would like to see more of them, and them to do more than just grant rituals. "

Kinaed muses, "What else do you want them to grant?"

Roewina Rosencarth says, "Magecraft recipes, a boost to your pool in your ele/moon or even others, have a tweak where they won't teach you rituals you already know. Making it easier to not need another well-taught mage to advance with your magics"

Temi claims, "Feeling encouraged to find another mage is something we could consider a bonus to RP"

Azarial states, "Well, spawning them with rituals you know defeats the purpsoe when someone else walks in and theya re alreayd spawned"

Roewina Rosencarth says, "I think magecraft could use more fun things in it, that possibly don't require spells or lower level spells to use. Possibly more gray spells. "

Kinaed nods, "I think it's something for us to consider after this meeting in a staff meeting. Can you ask again next week when we've had time to consider the question further?"

Roewina Rosencarth claims, "Yeah"

Kinaed wonders to Roewina Rosencarth, "What else is on your mind?"

Roewina Rosencarth states, "A respec of steal"

Kinaed claims, "That's on the agenda, but I'd love to hear your thoughts about how it ought to be done."

Roewina Rosencarth claims, "I like that we can steal, and I like the timer and stuff on it, but a more advance system with it"

Kinaed wonders, "Can you provide an example of how you would like to see it work?"

Roewina Rosencarth says, "Emoting with it would be awesome, Like we are sitting in mass, which should give a bonus to it, like having more people around. I use steal on Kink, wait for a bit to tick to what I want. then something like, steal key Roewina rises to leave, but trips on her own feet bumping into Kink. "

Roewina Rosencarth claims, "That seems muddled. Hrmm.."

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo says, "I believe that's already the policy for stealing? Or I might be misunderstanding."

Roewina Rosencarth states, "When there are more people around, it would make sense to have less of a chance to be caught. "

Roewina Rosencarth claims to Elizabethany op le Tarrow, "You don't have to emote with it. "

Roewina Rosencarth claims, "You should, but it isn't code-wise enforced."

Roewina Rosencarth states, "Like the emoting with Rituals"

Lakali von Lorien says, "That's code-enforced."

Lakali von Lorien oh, you said that.

Lakali von Lorien slinks back into the cave also.

Roewina Rosencarth hugs Lakali von Lorien.

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo states, "That actually sounds like a bug if you can steal without gaining RPXP."

Gerolf is idle.

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo exclaims to Kinaed and Temi, "Begging pardon if I'm talking over you!"

Gerolf is no longer idle.
Gerolf has returned from AFK.

Roewina Rosencarth says, "It isn't about the rpxp gain, it is just making the commands into emotes. "

Lakali von Lorien claims, "How did Seija get pink. D:"

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo states to Lakali von Lorien, "Too long in the sun."

Temi states, "Oh, no, that's alright. Yes, you do have to be RPing when you're stealing. But yes, we are moving more things towards emotes as we update them."

Lakali von Lorien muses, "Even crafting Temi?"

Temi states, "Crafting comes with more custom messages rather than emoting it yourself."

Lakali von Lorien nods.

Temi says, "But like, the crafted things like perfumes, you emote as you put them on."

Roewina Rosencarth questions, "Does what I am saying make sense?"

Temi nods at Roewina Rosencarth.

Temi states, "I think so."

Roewina Rosencarth claims, "Okay, I think I am rambling. I have a hard time explaining things clear sometimes"

Temi nods.

Temi says, "We might have lost Kin after all. Does anyone else have any topics they'd like to bring up to discuss"

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo claims, "I'm not sure I'm following though I'm interested. If this is something that might be discussed in a future meeting in more depth though, I don't want to hold up the meeting."

Temi states, "We're just discussing ideas for it now. It's not to the point we're speccing anything up yet."

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo nods at Temi.

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes smiles. "I would like to see the mobs in clothes that reflect the region they came from, but other than that, no.

Roewina Rosencarth asks, "Is there any light that can be shed on how ranged combat is going to work?"

Lakali von Lorien begins to descend.

Lakali von Lorien leaves down a lengthy scarf alternating black and silver diamond detail trailing about.

Azarial says, "Wightout kin, I dob;t believe so"

Temi says, "Kin is working on that spec and she'll have it ready to share when she's done with it. I'm not sure what exactly she has planned."

Temi has transferred Lakali von Lorien. [OOC]

Lakali von Lorien coughs.

Lakali von Lorien closes the lower pillow.

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo claims, "I've heard it's all cage-free combat though."

Lakali von Lorien Nothing to see here folks.

Temi ponders.

A young vandagan man with blue eyes states, "Can RPXP gain in astral be enabled for the magey characters? There's been quite a bit of RP in Astral lately and no XP gain."

Azarial muses, "Vage-free?"

Temi states, "RPXP gain in astral is not disabled."

say that was brought up already

Tomas claims, "That was brought up already"

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo queries, "Get it? Free range... ranged combat- no?"

Temi claims, "It is supposed to be there."

An ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo scuffs her feet.

Lakali von Lorien lol at an ebon-haired woman with a striking facial tattoo.

Temi claims, "We'll have to hunt it down to see what's up."

Lakali von Lorien begins to move up.

Lakali von Lorien comes to a stop.

A young vandagan man with blue eyes states, "Okay, I missed it being brought up while I was cooking then, no biggie"

Lakali von Lorien wonders, "Can I ask about herbs?"

Temi wonders, "Sure, what about herbs?"

Lakali von Lorien wonders, "Why is it only possible and use one at a time?"

Lakali von Lorien says, "In lacer."

Lakali von Lorien states, "In lace."

Temi states, "Because then we don't have to track more than one at a time."

Temi says, "And we decided that was a reasonable limitation."

Lakali von Lorien nods.

Temi says, "Got to have limits on things somewhere, especially as it pertains to what we make Az code up."

say I was wondering if there was any thought given to being able to wear multiple weapons and choose which one you wanted to draw, rather than automatically having only one weapon sheathed and on a person (or two if dual wielding)

Tomas says, "I was wondering if there was any thought given to being able to wear multiple weapons and choose which one you wanted to draw, rather than automatically having only one weapon sheathed and on a person (or two if dual wielding)"

Temi says, "I think we have some sort of sheath spec hiding on the board somewhere.. let me check"

Temi states, "Yeah, plans for sheath type containers that can be worn on different locations and drawn from there."

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes has lost link.

Lakali von Lorien bares his sword.

Lakali von Lorien sheathes his sword.

Temi claims, "I think that should mostly handle what you have in mind, with some realistic limitations."

say yeah, awesome. Is that already in then or just waiting in the wings to be put in?

Tomas asks, "Yeah, awesome. Is that already in then or just waiting in the wings to be put in?"

Temi claims, "That's on the not very short to do list."

Azarial claims, "On the docket"

A thin young woman with black hair and brown eyes has reconnected.

Azarial is sitting on 158 non-ledger or mail items.

Azarial claims, "Looks like nine ledgers, and 33 mail items. so it;s not a short list."

Temi says, "Needless to say, there's a lot of things we want and it's all balancing priorities."

Azarial states, "I've been clearing some older ones off the list to remove some excess data hanging off of them due to a subtle bug in tagging notes as unread."

say alrighty

Tomas claims, "Alrighty"

Temi asks, "Any other specific topics people are interested in bringing up and discussing?"

Temi says, "Well, we could wrap up early or just chatter."

Azarial nods.

Azarial states, "Since it hasn;t hit the news yet, one of the older fixes i put in was an autoguilding if there were no active gls and you had your sponsor count."

A young vandagan man with blue eyes has lost link.
A young vandagan man with blue eyes has reconnected.

Azarial states, "That should help the reeves some in their current situation"

Temi nods in agreement.

Azarial says, "Cloak of the seven should play nice in some edge cases."

Roewina Rosencarth asks, "Meaning?"

A young vandagan man with blue eyes says OOCly, "Speaking of which, did you get a chance to look at the bug posted about cloak of the seven?"

Azarial queries, "Which bug?"

Azarial says, "And it should not reveal names as often"

A young vandagan man with blue eyes says OOCly, "Emotes while cloaked revealing remembered names"

Azarial says, "Should be adjusted to not do that."

A young vandagan man with blue eyes nods.

Roewina Rosencarth questions, "Any diseases that could released to ravage Lithmore?"

Azarial asks, "Kin keeps tlaking about stds. so maybe?"

Gerolf laughs

Lakali von Lorien states, "I've seen people with Cloak of Seven enter an area and be noticed by everyone."

Kinaed has lost link.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "There was a bug that should be solved or msotly solved now."

Temi says, "Okay! Let's go ahead and send you guys back for RP then."

• Information