Log of OOC Meeting 8/9/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's begin. Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Karrina ab Vazien closes a carved wooden box sculpted to resemble a Tubori pineapple.

Kinaed queries, "Does anyone have anything they want to add to make sure we discuss it today?"

Karrina ab Vazien says to Noah Reed, "Ariel now has an appropriate codpiece."

Kinaed jots down Ariel's codpiece for the discussion agenda.

Noah Reed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "No, this one is MINE."

Evangeline op Trumina laughs.

Kinaed ticks it as resolved.

Zeita von Zarrova gets a suave, pineapple-shaped codpiece with spiky green accents from a carved wooden box sculpted to resemble a Tubori pineapple.

Kinaed says, "Okay, without any further ado - I'll kick off the staff updates."

Kinaed states, "Last week, I worked on the ranged combat spec."

Kinaed claims, "Since I didn't finish it, I'll be working on that next week too."

Kinaed states, "I also helped fill out the pvent system and am currently working on filling in the TI-Fact system. Guys, you can suggest TI-Facts, so please do! There is a QP reward for ones we like or intend to use."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me. Azarial, you're up."

Kinaed has transferred Riley Dayle. [OOC]

Noah Reed states, "I submitted like 20. Sorry. :D"

Temi gives a carved wooden box sculpted to resemble a Tubori pineapple to Riley Dayle.

Kinaed claims to Noah Reed, "I'm sure it was very lucrative for you. :)"

Azarial states, "After finishing pvents, i went on a bug spree. going to try agaon later tonight as well. 170 bugs offended me."

Noah Reed grins at Casimir Aldair.

Noah Reed says, "...doh."

Azarial states, "Threw some thigns at ned to test, which shoudl resolve some other bugs."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "Also have a colicy/teething 4mo. so work is sporadic."

Samantha ab Vortina pats Azarial "Bugs just offend everyone, evil little things."

Nedyra says, "Well, it'll fix things or break the game. And I already reached my "make TI hit the floor" quota for this week."

Nedyra grins.

Azarial claims, "If you hvae a pet bug that needs killed, let me know. if it;s not too terrible it might go quick."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "Yes; one was a crash bug ned found."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up."

Temi states, "Okay! So, I think I have finished up my recheck on smithing."

Noah Reed states, "Wooot"

Temi says, "I've done everything I planned to do with that, including some new higher level recipes that aren't damascus and getting some real returns on things."

Temi says, "I'm still not decided on bulk recipes for suits of armor since, my goodness the cost."

Noah Reed questions, "For blacksmithing specifically, right? Is leather still cool?"

Kinaed states to Temi, "As expensive as it is, I imagine players often do order in a full set."

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "Yeah, I'll still be looking at that."

Terryn dul Valistovos muses, "They do, and wouldn't bulk be a good master/gm recipe for smiths? "

Karrina ab Vazien says, "I currently have three orders for full sets of the actual armor along with a few of the extra pieces."

Temi states, "I've also removed decays from most chandlery and herbalism items."

Noah Reed queries, "Medicines?"

Temi nods.

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Yay"

Noah Reed says, "Yes yes yes yes THANKS."

Temi states, "For the finished products not the intermediate ones."

Temi claims, "We determined that it wasn't meeting the goal we had for it and it was just irritating people, which isn't the goal."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Whee, thanks Temi. :)"

Temi pontificates, "So, don't make us regret it with huge stockpiles!"

Kinaed states, "So it won't help MUCH with stocking up too many ingredients for the game, but at least what you sell will be more valuable to buyers who aren't using it immediately."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Noah Reed states, "My stockpiles will be small and manageable. :D"

Temi states, "Plan for next is to complete the recipes I added to brewing, for the new things t help spread it out."

Azarial could set room item count caps based on room size.

Temi says, "And then I can get on to jeweling."

Tomas questions to Azarial, "Ont he floor or in items as well?"

Azarial states, "Total."

Temi states, "Well, and that leather and possible smithing bulk recipes."

Azarial says, "I suspect seven thousand in a single room is a bit much."

Nedyra says, "... Or 10000."

Temi says, "And that's my week."

Kinaed has transferred a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes. [OOC]

Temi gives a carved wooden box sculpted to resemble a Tubori pineapple to a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes.

Kinaed says to Nedyra, "You're up :)"

Kinaed states, "(sorry, everyone, my 3 year old came up and wrapped herself around my arm demanding I go play with her.)"

Kinaed says, "Her Daddy had to come literally pry her off."

"Alrighty. Before I launch into my update. Anyone have anything coming up for RP next weekend? Looking at STP's, specificly." Nedyra is eyeing Noah Reed and Casimir Aldair in particular...

Casimir Aldair claims, "I'm out weekends - if I do anything it'll probably be during the week. Probably not going to do anything for a bit, though."

Noah Reed claims, "Next weekend... ummm. I probably won't be prepped for the finale of the Savir ST yet. "

Casimir Aldair says, "Just too busy getting work figured out. We'll see though."

Nedyra says, "Then that makes this easy."

Terryn dul Valistovos trails off, "Nedyra's going to kill us all....."

Nedyra says, "Next weekend, probably after the OOc chat, it's quest time."

Nedyra claims, "Hopefully aiming for a 7:30 EST start to it."

Tomas claims, "Awesome"

Nedyra claims, "I have a lilst of people who're interested already, but if more want to, it's a pboard away."

Noah Reed muses, "I contacted you, right?"

Nedyra claims, "List, even."

Nedyra checks.

Terryn dul Valistovos is usually only on on Sundays :(

Kinaed comforts Terryn dul Valistovos.

Casimir Aldair trails off, "Should delay it till 9 EST..."

Casimir Aldair cough coughs.

Casimir Aldair says, "Oh hell, even then I wouldn't be able to make it."

Kinaed comforts Casimir Aldair.

Nedyra states to Noah Reed, "You did, yes."

Nedyra says, "You and Cambrea both."

Noah Reed says, "Okay, sweet."

Nedyra says, "Okay. that out of the way, seasonality starts coming in full force when the quest's done with."

Nedyra says, "Code implementation isn't complete yet, but expect price shifting."

Nedyra claims, "Website projects are happening - but they've taken a back seat as the quest's come up. They won't now."

Nedyra states, "And that's me this week."

Kinaed claims to Nedyra, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, that concludes Staff Updates - next is Player Heartbeat. How's RP been this week? Anything you want the staff to be doing to support the game more?"

Lakali von Lorien states, "RP's crazy."

Gerolf is idle.

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed asks of Lakali von Lorien, "I hope in a good way?"

Azarial finishes her note.

Lakali von Lorien claims, "Yes."

Kinaed cheers.

Noah Reed states, "It's been a little quiet this week, except when it's been insane."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "Rp has been good, but running into problems with Guild abilities, I've been having to poke similar guilds to get things done appropriately."

Kinaed says to Noah Reed, "Thank you for running a story this week, by the way."

Nedyra has gone AFK.

Kinaed questions to Terryn dul Valistovos, "What do you mean?"

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Rp has been rather good for what rp I have gotten."

Noah Reed says to Kinaed, "It was fun! Part two probably coming in... two weeks."

Kinaed nods at Noah Reed.

Terryn dul Valistovos states to Kinaed, "The Reeves only have 1 real arresting officer with access to ahalin, so I have to bug knights to get in."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll poke your GL."

Tomas says, "Rp has been fun. lots of fun. even when it has been awkward"

Noah Reed grins at Tomas.

Kinaed smiles.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Quiet week for me. :("

Kinaed questions, "How are pvents coming over? Good, bad, need a tweak or two, or pretty solid?"

Lakali von Lorien claims, "I like them."

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes states, "My week was quiet too."

Kinaed muses, "Can I just check - has anyone felt SPAMMED by pvents?"

Noah Reed claims, "I like 'em. I wish I was better able to request them at convenient times (still 1 a week, of course) but I've done a couple thus far."

Samantha ab Vortina says, "The one i had was rather fun to do, "

Noah Reed says, "I did kept getting spammed when I kept haivng to reject them for inconvenient timing."

Kinaed questions to Noah Reed, "They've only been in for about a week, right? How many people have done multiple pvents?"

Noah Reed claims, "For folks like me who log on and idle for a long time *cough* it can be rough when you get one you like but just don't intend to RP."

Noah Reed states, "I had one on Ari and one on Noah."

Casimir Aldair exclaims, "Haven't done any, but that's just my personal preference, and I haven't had much time to RP and get a good one. Generally, I don't like having goals to my scenes. But I like the system! Seems a good incentive!"

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes says, "I haven't been spammed, but I'm still having trouble starting RP, and I'm tired of seeing failure messages. If only there was a way to abort the pvent."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "I know for my part, when I've achieved the quest quota, I've just kind of petered off rping it, I'll try to continue rping it for longer."

Samantha ab Vortina says, "I have had chances to do multiple, but only was capable of doing one given properness for character"

Kinaed nods at a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes.

Noah Reed declaims to a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes, "I've seen you on but mostly at times I haven't been super present, sorry!"

Kinaed nods at Samantha ab Vortina.

Tomas questions, "I've only had one pvent, I thought they were actually kind of rare myself? I've certainly not felt spammed"

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes nods at Noah Reed.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, final question - besides maybe being able to abort a pvent in progress... any suggestions for the system?"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Temi asks of Tomas, "Did you complete it?"

Casimir Aldair claims, "How does it know if I'm RPing my character a certain way? O.o"

Noah Reed states, "I would really like a request ability if you haven't completed one in the last week."

Tomas says to Temi, "I did"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Or is that more a trust thing."

Kinaed claims to Casimir Aldair, "It doesn't; we trust players."
Temi nods.

Terryn dul Valistovos raises his hand, " Just my suggestion I told you about, Kinaed."

Noah Reed states, "Rather than just getting them auto-offered every time you log on if you've been denying."

Temi says, "So that probably hits the once a week thing."

Evangeline op Trumina has lost link.

Azarial states, "I did tweak it; it should be on the half hour now."

Kinaed says, "Okay, thank you very much for the feedback, folks."

Kinaed pontificates, "Now - Player Topics!"

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes claims, "I'd also like to see more flavor in the pvents. I'm seeing the same ones a lot of the time, and most of them don't fit my character's goals or personality."

Kinaed wonders to Samantha ab Vortina, "Did you want to introduce one?"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Yep, preparing the post now"

Noah Reed declares to a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes, "You can post some on the forums as suggestions!"

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes states, "Okay, thanks."

Noah Reed claims to a tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes, "But it can be fun to have your character act a bit crazy for a day too, right? People are so variable."

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes says, "Depends on the kind of craziness."

Temi claims, "There's 75 now."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "One thing I would like to see(and it makes pvent roll useful to a player) is having multiple options, say 3-5 pvents offered, we choose from that list to rp out, this way you don't get half a dozen people all going for coffee at the same time"

Temi says, "We'd like to have more, I think, but there should definitely be some variety in what you say."

Samantha ab Vortina clears her throat "Alrighty, well recently i have been using astral alot, and it has made me begin to wonder. Why couldn't nodes of different elements be collected if you reach a proper rank in both parts? Like if you are rank... 50 for example in earth but your mage is naturally a void mage, perhaps after they reach 50 in both earth and circad they would be able to collect nodes of the earth variety

Azarial claims, "It should be picking them at random, but given lightning and rumors, th rng here has a twisted sense of humor."

Kinaed says to Samantha ab Vortina, "Because we want mages to learn other elements through interaction with other mages, primarily. Your element is literally what your character has an affinity for and can do on their own; other elements take guidance and assistance for every step."

Terryn dul Valistovos claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "As I understand it, nodes are only able to be collected by a mage who was born of a certain elemental alignment, the rest are like guildskills and have to be taught by another naturally aligned mage."

Kinaed states, "Absorbing a node from the opposite element literally burns out your pool, for example, because your character naturally is the antithesis of the element in question."

Kinaed nods at Terryn dul Valistovos.

Noah Reed says, "Yeah, I kinda feel like... as much as the effort of multi-element magery might not be worth the pay-off, thematically keeping the elements separate makes sense."

Samantha ab Vortina shrugs "Just was a thought.. And yes i am aware of what absorbing a node from another element does."

Kinaed nods at Samantha ab Vortina.

Kinaed says, "I've received a tell... suggesting that we add things like getting magecraft items or things peripherally magical to pvents to help make obfuscate magic use. For example, chalk is used for stuff in magecraft, so perhaps have a pvent that can go to both normals and mages to get some chalk for whatever reasonable reason a lot of people might do."

Lakali von Lorien states, "Drawing."

Noah Reed claims, "Clearly we need a day where we all draw chalk murals on the road."

Kinaed states, "Generally, I like the idea. In addition, I'd probably like to add some cultural ones, like about the old superstitions, etc."

Azarial says, "Whelp, got that burning itch to hit the hedge maze. time to grab some chalk to mark the path home."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Chalk is used in chandlery recipes."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Zeita von Zarrova can make war paint and face paints for you.

Kinaed states, "Just an example, also."

Casimir Aldair has lost link.
Casimir Aldair has reconnected.

Noah Reed grins.

Casimir Aldair states, "Well, that was stupid. -.-"

Kinaed wonders to Casimir Aldair, "Everything okay?"

Casimir Aldair states, "Just apartment internet."

Terryn dul Valistovos needs full body paint and someone to appy it.

Kinaed nods.

Casimir Aldair claims, "But hey, it's ten bucks! So I shouldn't complain."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, we spend about $85 pm."

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Azarial we need a magical maze, one like the staircase in hairy potter, always moving and changing"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, anyone else have any ideas, questions, or anything else they'd like to discuss? We have 25 minutes!"

Azarial states, "That;s easy. I was lost for three days in a stock ROM three room maze using that code."

Tomas begins to descend.

You come to a stop.

Samantha ab Vortina states, "I'm already scared shitless of the current maze, might as well take it too the next level"

Tomas asks, "Just a personal question. are there any crafts that we are low on crafters for atm?"

Noah Reed asks, "Can I ask about STing with the Player builder?"

Noah Reed states, "And if some policies got sorted there, etc."

Kinaed says, "Yes, one at a time though."

Kinaed asks of Tomas, "I don't know - Zeita, you're the merchant GL, any comment?"

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Hmm. Everything has a player in it, but some are more or less active."

Tomas states, "I'm thinking of making a crafter alt, but I don't want to get in somewhere that is over inundated, would rather help shore up places where there are one or none"

Kinaed muses to Zeita von Zarrova, "Which are less active?"

Kinaed questions, "Also, where is the player demand at the moment?"

Zeita von Zarrova says, "We don't have a focused jeweler, a couple tailors that do jeweling."

Casimir Aldair states, "Blacksmithing/jewelry."

Kinaed nods.

Noah Reed claims, "I was going to say our tailors seem inactive but I think it's just because Vanessa's not about right now."

Terryn dul Valistovos says, "I think Vanessa is focusing on jeweling, but she's hiking atm."

Kinaed says, "We miss her, but I'm sure she'll be back soon."

Lakali von Lorien claims, "Ya."

Temi claims, "Jeweling system is next for a full redux."

Temi grins.

Lakali von Lorien states, "Vanessa's a jeweler."

Kinaed states to Noah Reed, "Okay, so - Player Builder for Stories."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "I do both blacksmith and jeweling."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Possibly carpentry."

Nedyra claims, "I wouldn't be surprised if we see more characters grabbing tailoring. Fancy new craftsystem."

Kinaed muses to Noah Reed, "What policies? We said yes to using the char to run a story, what more are you curious about, expecting or concerned about?"

Noah Reed states to Kinaed, "Yeah. If the pbuilder had switch and trans it would have enabled running a story with zero staff help and I was wondering if that was on the docket."

Kinaed wonders, "I think Az did those?"

Noah Reed says, "Unload and copy were added but switch and trans weren't."

Noah Reed declares, "I was lucky Temi showed up just in time to help me (thaaaanks Temi!)"

Casimir Aldair declares, "As well as heal! Don't forget heal!"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Can hardly be a good DM if you can't take your traps back, or remove your frak ups."

Noah Reed says, "Oh. Haha. Um. Yeah. Restore might be nice for ANY ST."

Noah Reed states, "We- could have used that."

Casimir Aldair finishes abruptly to Noah Reed, "Not that that was your screw up - that was mine =P"

Kinaed asks, "I'll talk about switch and trans - I'm surprised switch isn't available. Trans, I'm less surprised about - isn't there a story trans command though?"

Samantha ab Vortina has lost link.

Gerolf has left the game.

Noah Reed states, "It only transes ST members TO oyu."

Noah Reed states, "You need to be able to trans mobs in, ideally."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I see."

Kinaed says, "Well, I'll have to talk it over with staff. We have had problems with allowing players to use the Player Builder, then feeling that they abused the privilege."

Kinaed says, "So we're reluctant to beef the character up too much."

Noah Reed nods.

Samantha ab Vortina has reconnected.

Kinaed claims, "I think the staff need to discuss that a bit more before I can really respond effectively."

Noah Reed states, "That's fair! I just find running STs is hard now that I'm not a staffer."

Kinaed states, "Okay, anything else people would like to discuss? If not, we can just socialize, or call it quits early."

Casimir Aldair exclaims, "Coupled with the policy of the STP, and the fact that other players will be watching, it may be a self-monitoring system all on its own!"

Samantha ab Vortina begins to count their money.

Kinaed nods at Casimir Aldair.

Kinaed claims to Casimir Aldair, "I think that's a good point, relatively."

Noah Reed questions, "Yeah, it's much more supervised than general pbuilding, and it could probably be entirely logged, right?"

Casimir Aldair asks, "I got nothing on my end. How's the whole villain deal going? I haven't been too active with mine recently =\"

Nedyra says to Noah Reed, "Most if it's already logged."

Nedyra says, "Of, rather."

Casimir Aldair says, "Waiting on a few flakes to give me nukes. *sigh*"

Nedyra has returned from AFK.

Kinaed trails off, "Well..."

Samantha ab Vortina trails off, "Well... is never a good sign"

Kinaed says, "I'd really like it if you were more active."

Casimir Aldair queries to Kinaed, "Me too! Pay me to MUD? xD"

Kinaed states, "But nothing particularly bad has come out of it, and some of the things around it are waiting on other things, so no big."

Evangeline op Trumina is idle.

Kinaed says to Casimir Aldair, "I know, I feel that way about storytelling or running TI."

Casimir Aldair declaims to Kinaed, "I'm telling you, find a cheap way to make T-shirts and start selling TI merch!"

Kinaed states, "Not that no one has ever given me cash for TI - thank you those who donate! You are supporting advertisements, Azarial's interest, etc."

Nedyra wants a job as a webserver host. Then he can be paid to do what he loves, -and- sit on TI.

Nedyra grins.

Kinaed wonders, "May I also ask someone to write a review for TI on TMC this month?"

Kinaed claims, "With Firan shutting down, it's probably a very pertinent time to be advertising."

Casimir Aldair questions, "Oh shit, Firan shut down?"

Kinaed states to Casimir Aldair, "I hear they gave the pbase two weeks notice, so they'll be closed or closing soon."

Noah Reed trails off, "I swear I had something, I always have SOMETHING..."

Casimir Aldair says, "Romans never make it."

Noah Reed wonders, "What's the big thing after ranged combat?"

Kinaed says, "We have a lot of magic work to do."

Azarial states, "Maybe magic? i owe some spells. >_>"

Kinaed claims, "I'm still trying to figure out what I want out of Domain Games."

Noah Reed questions, "MAGIC WORK. Can we talk about that?"

Samantha ab Vortina asks, "Domain games?"

Casimir Aldair says, "I could write whole pages about the domain games, but I think that old thread we had on it was pretty full of ideas."

Nedyra states, "If it's on the forums, we probably still have it."

Kinaed nods at Casimir Aldair.

Kinaed says, "Yes, but from a game design perspective, we need to keep in mind what we're aiming for."

Casimir Aldair queries, "What's going on with magic? More spells?"

Kinaed states, "If we do it the way we originally were going to, it'd be a game mostly focused on nobles and only a small percent of the pbase would get a lot of utility out of it, for example."

Noah Reed says, "I still vote for 'asset games', focusing more on assets than domains, though domains can be special assets. *grin*"

Noah Reed exclaims, "Make all those dang gentry define where their money comes from!"

Temi nods.

Nedyra states, "I like that, actually."

Terryn dul Valistovos has defined where his money came from.

Kinaed claims, "I do agree, gentry should define where their money is coming from."

Temi claims, "I do still like that."

Tomas muses, "Can someone clarify for someone who has no idea what this is?"

Noah Reed says to Terryn dul Valistovos, "I know and that's awesome."

Lakali von Lorien does.

Kinaed says, "As should nobles."

Casimir Aldair claims, "My perspective is that nobles need the attention, being absolutely powerless other than their influence with Reeves (via laws providing for nobility). But I can tell you first hand how entirely powerless nobles are when they annoy just the right amount of people."

Kinaed trails off to Tomas, "Sec..."

Noah Reed nods at Casimir Aldair.

Casimir Aldair states, "I never felt like Marquis of Avonna playing Casimir. Just some person in fancy clothes with a 90 charisma."

Kinaed queries, "viewtopic.php?f=8&t=367&hilit=domain+games"

Samantha ab Vortina agrees with Casimir Aldair

Casimir Aldair states, "And I can say that he's fought in so and so battle, and has so and so men on disposal for the crown, and this and that... but it's all behind the scenes, and I can't call on any of it."

Kinaed nods.

Temi says, "I think as a special version of assets it could do a lot of good for that.. but we don't want it based all around nobility, because that's not worth our time. We don't want that percentage of nobles."

Noah Reed states, "Yeah. Being a noble is very... unreal, in that regard. In practical terms you have so many fewer resources."

Kinaed claims, "Nobles are a restricted class that have benefits that make them desirable to play even with this issue."

Kinaed claims, "I agree, something should be done, BUT."

Terryn dul Valistovos nods in agreement with Noah Reed and trim" Playing a noble did tend to feel pointless alot of the time."

Kinaed says, "Whatever we do, we do not want to make nobles the focus of the game, which is part of why we have to be careful with domain games."

Nedyra starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Noah Reed nods.

Nedyra finishes his note.

Noah Reed states, "I think we have a weird setup right now where many people OOCly see nobility as desirable, but upon obtaining it do not enjoy it."

Noah Reed says, "If we could make it less OOCly desirable and yet better to experience at the same time... but that's clearly not easy."

Kinaed muses, "It doesn't mean it shouldn't or won't come in, just that the potential impact to the gaming experience needs to be available to all players; and I also am looking at geographic problems - if something's happening in Farin (yes!) how do we involve people here *appropriately*? How can we *appropriately* feedback the effects of what is happening here to there?"

Casimir Aldair nods. "I understand it should relate to all - but it is an excellent system to touch on those concerns. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd play a noble again. The only reason I did was because the player of... frak, what's his name. Reeve who got excommunicated and banned. Said nobody could survive playing an evil one.

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Samantha ab Vortina twiddles his thumbs on sam most of the time

Azarial finishes her note.

Kinaed asks of Casimir Aldair, "Challenges like that do spice the soup a bit, don't they?"

Nedyra starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Nedyra finishes his note.

Kinaed states, "Should we abolish nobility? I've seen opinions that we should in the past, most notably in the players that left for BurP."

Noah Reed says, "Hummm."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Rurik von Uravov...or something like that."

Noah Reed queries, "Abolish it as playable or as an IC concept at all?"

Kinaed states, "Playable."

Lakali von Lorien says, "Eh... I think it's still kinda central to theme."

Noah Reed says, "It'd be hard to abolish it as playable without a pwipe."

Kinaed says, "I'm certainly not prepared to rewrite TI's theme that nobility no longer exist. That said, I'm not sure quite how willing I am to abolish nobility in general."

Lakali von Lorien states, "I'd feel like we have much less possibility and enact much anymore."

Samantha ab Vortina questions, "Well then shall we abolish the court guild as well?"

Kinaed claims, "Certainly it'd impact people with a noble character, but I wouldn't pwipe for it."

Kinaed claims to Lakali von Lorien, "I didn't understand that."

Noah Reed claims, "I'm not sure how we'd do it ICly without abolishing nobility as a concept, admittedly. If every existing PC noble lost their territory."

Kinaed states to Samantha ab Vortina, "Abolishing the Court guild would naturally happen."

Noah Reed says, "Unless we all got conquered by mages and became slaves which I'm actually pro. :D"

Casimir Aldair says, "I'm against that. I absolutely loved fleshing out Avonna, and playing Casimir. My only concern is that it's a big stretch of 'suspension of disbelief' to be say, a Count, and have very little power a Count in this setting, as I see it, would have."

Casimir Aldair states, "A count would have**"

Kinaed states, "That being said, I'm not really sold on it, just asking because it's an inverse way to handle a problem raised."

Noah Reed says, "Honestly, I think we'd lose very little by not having playable nobles."

Temi states, "So.. what we need is ways that we can give the nobles power than enrich the lives of non-nobles."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, so what would make up a Count's power?"

Noah Reed nods at Temi.

Noah Reed claims, "If we had benefits we can give to others."

Noah Reed claims, "Not keep for ourselves."

Kinaed wonders, "I don't necessarily see that, but I'll entertain it. Examples?"

Tomas states, "I am playing one, so maybe it's obvious that I would like to keep them, but I think it provides a nice social dynamic and I think if we had a really small player base with few active people then it would be something that is untenable, but I think it works right now"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Riley Dayle is idle.

Samantha ab Vortina nods with Casimir Aldair "I don't think abolishing is the answer kinaed what so ever, but just find something to make being a noble more than a 'Social' character

Terryn dul Valistovos shakes his head, " I don't think Nobility should be wiped. But maybe given a purpose. Currently the only purpose they have is pretending to be a noble. And (no offense here) there are a good portion of people that will backtalk a noble, because alot of time a Noble is learning to be a noble and doesn't know how they should react to the situation."

Noah Reed says, "I'm thinking aloud, but if there were some benefits/resources we got but couldn't keep... nobles wouldn't be overly empowered, but they could give more to others."

Noah Reed says, "Giving others more of a reason to come to them, and less reason to pointlessly antagonize them."

Noah Reed coughs. Sorry.

Kinaed queries, "And what would play into that?"

Noah Reed states, "Maybe... back to asset games. Being able to lend your asset's 'power' to things."

Kinaed states, "Honestly, I think nobles being able to, on the spot, have your char beaten or thrown in jail, would probably manage a lot of that."

Tomas questions to Noah Reed, "Like perhaps funds to hire secretaries/guards that we couldn't keep for themselves, to buy into the nobles entourage maybe?"

Kinaed says, "But I know a lot of people would hate it."

Noah Reed states to Kinaed, "The prob is that's a negative consequence. We could likely do that now."

Noah Reed says to Kinaed, "But I think we benefit more from being able to give people positive things,."

Tomas says to Noah Reed, "That would give more RP opportunities for non nobles with nobles and add more jobs but would work with us poor nobles *coughs*"

Casimir Aldair says, "From my perspective, and I've held this belief for a while, it sucks to be outresourced by gentry. Most nobility aren't going to go into crafting, but gentry get the bonus of more money in their paycheck, plus being able to craft. Also, as a personal example, within Casimir's first month of play he was beaten to shit by Dagerian - a Charali if you don't know. Personally, I loved it, but it's one of those scenes that left me thinking 'Man... I'm a pretty powerless Marquis.'"

Noah Reed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed claims, "I think negative consequences are more realistic than positive ones; which isn't to say they're both not valid. But when we're talking about having someone talk back to you, and you sitting there like 'well, wtf do I do about that; I feel powerless' negative is what comes to mind."

Casimir Aldair says, "Also one of the reasons I wish NPC guards could have a little more utility, mostly to attack others, within policy."

Noah Reed says, "Oh, well, I don't feel powerless about being talked back to, to be honest. I threaten to whip them."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "I'm surprised Dagerian lived after that."

Kinaed muses to Casimir Aldair, "Why can't nobles craft?"

Noah Reed says, "But I get tired of how many people harass me and make me threaten to whip them."

Noah Reed says, "And I wish I had more 'sweeteners' that made people want to interact with me in different ways."

Kinaed claims to Zeita von Zarrova, "People tend to be reluctant to kill older, established players/characters, even when those characters richly deserve it, as a side note."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Nobles can craft, but trading in those crafts is a... yeah, not much dignity to it. :)"

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Kinaed, "Well, that sucks."

Noah Reed claims, "Dagerian is also hard to kill."

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Casimir Aldair says to Kinaed, "Would you expect a Count of Casterlay to open a personal blacksmith shop? Invest in one maybe, work it as a hobby, but not actually be the shopkeep of it and the sole provider."

Kinaed says to Noah Reed, "Anyone can be arrested and executed, despite combat ability, with enough people in the arresting party."

Terryn dul Valistovos has wanted to kill Casimir forever on his past toon, but no one else wanted to. (OOC Emote)

Casimir Aldair claims, "All by design, buddy xD"

Kinaed states to Casimir Aldair, "Frankly, the definition of gentry is the money, and so... I'm not fussed by that. Esp since nobles aren't so poor in any stretch comparitively that the money is the issue that is leading to these problems, per se."

Azarial claims, "Now you might lose a few people to dag, but he would go down, eventually. hire some guards and beef them up."

Noah Reed claims, "I feel like support is where nobles should shine, but we've had that argument before."

Nedyra states, "You're a noble. Just knock on the Justiciar's door. "Hey, do me a favour." Problem solved."

Nedyra grins.

Kinaed says, "And there's supposed to be tension between gentry and noble, specifically about that."

Tomas wonders to Azarial, "The guards wouldn't do anything but get in the way?"

Noah Reed trails off, "I kind of like the idea of money we can only spend in specific ways, something re: retainers, but how to do that..."

Azarial claims to Tomas, "Order all protect tomas"

Nedyra nods at Azarial.

Tomas nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "Anyway, going back to it - I think there ARE things we can do here."

Azarial claims, "Meatshield. he kills those. if you hvae more, his wolves die, then down goes dag."

Kinaed claims, "But I think staff need to sit down and discuss it."

Noah Reed nods.

Casimir Aldair states to Kinaed, "I think the money, the amount of resources comparitively between Gentry and Nobility, is skewed. As a holder of lands, levies, personal court, etc it seems like I'm the pretender more often than not and Gentry are the actual nobility."

Temi asks, "Maybe a special type of pay that can only be set up in recurring payments to players?"

Temi ponders.

Terryn dul Valistovos claims, "A noble can craft, a certain player that is currently absent had a character that they didn't think their character would icly be able to master 2 crafts, so they simply said a relative did that. A noble can do the same thing, they can 'support' a shop, the npc does the work as far as the public is concerned, while the noble actually crafts."

Temi says, "But comes from a different pool"

Tomas questions to Noah Reed, "You could have a pay x <retainer> which goes to a system where a noble can have say 1-3 PC retainers who get a specific retainer pay?"

Casimir Aldair says, "Changing the amount of physical money given is one way I think that could be changed. As for the others, give me a moment =P"

Kinaed nods at Terryn dul Valistovos.

Casimir Aldair claims, "Think most of them are on a forum post somewhere."

Tomas questions to Noah Reed, "I don't know if that would work codedly with the system but that is how I would imagine it?"

Noah Reed claims, "I kind of like a special pay for other players only, yeah."

Noah Reed says, "So you have ability to hire people to do stuff without spending your comparatively limited funds."

Nedyra states, "The important thing to keep in mind is gentry are *supposed* to be the more financially maneuverable here. The ideal situation is noble A needs backing, gentryman B wants x laws changed. You scratch my back, I scratch yours."

Kinaed states, "Okay, well - it's 10 minutes after the hour. Certainly some things have been raised for staff to discuss regarding Domain Games and noble powers, etc."

Evangeline op Trumina has left the game.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Nobles don't have the 'liquid cash' because it is all invested in infrastructure, manpower, etc, etc. So, just a matter of finding a way to highlight their benefits."

Noah Reed says to Nedyra, "IMO the problem is also that gentry get more SUPPORT, too."

Noah Reed states, "Which should be where nobles shine, their backing."

Kinaed claims, "They do not get more support, they have the ability to GIVE more support."

Nedyra nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Which means a noble has a better alliance with a gentry person if they want to GET support."

Lakali von Lorien states, "Lakali supports nothing."

Noah Reed says, "Sorry, bad phrasing."

Noah Reed states, "Gentry have more outgoing support power."

Terryn dul Valistovos wonders, "What about a special pay to the noble(the weekly pay) that they get as a bonus according to the the races played? I.E.- Marisa gets an extra amount of coin per week for how many vavardians are played, while Ariel gets more because he's currently Regen?"

Terryn dul Valistovos adds a T.

Azarial states, "Having a title lends more weight to your support."

Noah Reed is Regen. Regain HP.
Nedyra claims to Noah Reed, "Gentryman are escentially lobbiest."

Zeita von Zarrova questions, "Don't nobles get a default influence bump as is?"

Kinaed states to Terryn dul Valistovos, "That might be worthwhile, but I think we'd see some players OOCly encourgaing players to select certain races, for example."

Lakali von Lorien states, "Lakali gets like, 1 influence a week."

Noah Reed says, "They do, but afaik it's not large."

Lakali von Lorien states, "And he's gentry."

Kinaed states, "I do think we need more to do with IP."

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Lakali von Lorien, "Support nothing and noone will support you in turn, generally. :)"

Noah Reed claims, "For sure."

Nedyra's characters can all be bought, for the right price.

Lakali von Lorien claims, "Still, 1 is much lower than I'd had before the new IP system, even weakly."

Noah Reed trails off, "Give nobles a more robust IP boost, or tie it to assets, and give IP more usage..."

Kinaed claims, "I'm sorry, folks, but it is 10 minutes after this meeting should have ended, and I have some things that I need to get to today."

Zeita von Zarrova makes a note of that, Nedyra.

Noah Reed says, "Oh yeah, sorry, hee."

Kinaed says, "So, please allow me to thank you all for coming."

Lakali von Lorien nods.

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "Thank you for acting as our Scribe also."

Terryn dul Valistovos braces for Trans.

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes is idle.

Lakali von Lorien beams up.

Kinaed questions, "We can carry this conversation on next week, perhaps? :)"

Azarial muses, "Or on the forum?"

Kinaed waves to everyone, then starts putting people back.

Samantha ab Vortina prepares to return from whence he came

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed pontificates, "Or on the forum!"

Nedyra claims, "What she said."

• Information