Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Kinaed claims, "Okay, today's agenda:

- Staff Updates,
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Kinaed muses, "Would anyone care to add to the agenda to make sure we talk about anything?"

Samantha ponders "Yeah i got something,"

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Okay, noting you down."

Samantha says, "For player topics that is"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, in the marked silence, I'll kick-off the Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I added a few specs onto the Bug Board for Az. This included updating how Regnacy works."

Kinaed gives Yvelle some coins.

Samantha wonders, "Regnacy? is that the spell?"

Kinaed claims, "It will change a lot, both to be more and less powerful. Instead of forcing a command on someone, it forces a textual compulsion that people are expected to RP."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Temi claims, "Regnancy is a magical concept, which the spell uses as well."

Kinaed claims, "At higher levels of regnancy, the regnant's master can watch things through their eyes, tell their physical status, and watch them from a distance."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tellen wonders, "Is there a way to resist it?"

Kinaed claims, "Mages will also have the ability to list their puppets, and can only hold a certain number of people regnant at once."

Kinaed states, "Finally, regnancy is strengthened through regnancy points, which come through RPing with the victim, so you cannot become strongly regnant to a mage who doesn't RP with you."

Kinaed states, "Oh, and there's a cure for regnancy in game, though it'll be hard to get."

Azarial says, "Swords cure everything."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Samantha queries, "So the spell is completely dependent on people actually rping it? so the 'puppet' can decide what they will and will not rp"

Kinaed states, "And protection from regnancy objects that are available."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Oh, that too."

Samantha states, "Yeah death is a general cure all for those type of things"

Nedyra claims to Azarial, "Don't forget the good old fashion flameout."

Azarial claims to Samantha, "If not, well, forcing it is an option."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "If I receive a policy complaint that someone compulsed a regnant to do something, and it was ignored in RP, I'll treat it as twinking."

Samantha nods

Temi says, "The making people do stuff will depend on people actually doing it, but it will be policy that you need to. However, there will actually be more to it than that."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "But yes, it will become the player's responsibility to RP their compulsions."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial says, "It allows more rp options in how it is done."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Tellen says, "It fits the character's actions, so it's the same voice."

Tellen claims, "I like that idea."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "And stops the 'Aww, you compulsed me to smack him with my sword - so codewise I did it, but I don't OOCly feel like following along with the RP'"

Azarial states, "A good thumping with the themestick helps that, too. >_>"

Kinaed claims, "So the fight ends. Compulsion is a far more prevading, insidious thing."

Azarial coughs into her hand.

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "It's worth noting that someone affected by regnancy will know they are affected - at low levels it will say so into their score. At higher levels, they'll start fantasizing about the mage and have strong urges to protect them, no matter what."

Temi claims, "In return for trusting people to actually do what they are compulsed to do, they get the freedom to do it the way their character would."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Tellen states, "Useful."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes queries, "Could we follow the compulsion in such a way that it can backfire upon the mage?"

Kinaed states, "The downside is that regnancy isn't built to randomly attempt to make a stranger regnant to you."

Kinaed claims to a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes, "Not intentionally, the regnancy comes with a desire to protect the mage."

Kinaed declaims, "Anyway, that's my update. Azarial, you're up!"

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes queries, "At all levels or just at the high levels?"

Samantha queries, "Question, how does regency work now with casting? I believe with now being unable to force someone to do something immediatly it should be able to be cast at a distance to make up for that"

Kinaed claims, "Higher levels, but below that, they can't control you."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "I didn't understand what you're going for there. Right now, it works as it used to - cast it on someone a lot, until you're sure you have a firm grip, then use dominate to force them to do a command. The new model is, cast it once, RP with the mage and keep strengthening the bond, and eventually you'll be able to send them compulsions."

Temi claims, "What it builds up to is more powerful than the current top level."

Kinaed claims, "You'll also be able to type 'regnancy list' and see how strong your bond is with any given regnant."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nedyra says, "It has very much RP potential, if you're creative."

Temi states, "Which is the tradeoff for it being something you develop over time."

Samantha says, "What i am asking is if you still have to be in the same room for the initial casting of regnacy"

Kinaed claims, "Absolutely."

Kinaed states, "I wouldn't see it as very fair to be able to get your claws into someone you barely know or didn't even put yourself into physical danger to meet."

Samantha ponders and shrugs "Well good thing i don't play a fire mage."

Temi states, "The use of the spell is changing."

Temi says, "It's a long term developed relationship, which should provide great RP. It's not a quick I win button."

Kinaed queries, "Any other questions before I pass the reigns over to Az for her update?"

Azarial says, "Reins."

Kinaed winces.

Azarial claims, "Hera reings over the city. reins drive the horses"

Nedyra comforts Kinaed.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, no one speaks. Go for it, Az!"

Azarial claims, "Mostly mail! i hvae the save and load working now."

Azarial says, "I am down to the actual sending, and then the forgery parts"

Azarial says, "Plus a few assorted bugs, etc"

Kinaed questions, "By mail, we're talking about the new addition of forgery and being able to register headers, footers, and alias names to receive mail?"

Azarial claims, "Yeah."

Azarial asks, "What else does mail need?"

Kinaed cheers.

Azarial had to rewrite the entire saveload for actual mail this morning.

Kinaed says, "Nothing, just clarifying for everyone, who currently has regular mail, what 'mail' means in this context."

Azarial says, "Saved myself four or five 32k blocks of allocated memory."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "It should be transparent, and shift over to new mail wihtout any problems. then I can just change the command name and i'm done."

Kinaed says, "Sweet."

Azarial states, "Assorted bugs, some typos, a few mroe second persons, the usual."

Azarial handwaves.

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed queries, "Any questions?"

Kinaed states to Temi, "I think you're up. :)"

Azarial states, "Oh, i can also give missing pets back to people."

Azarial nods at Temi.

Temi declaims, "Okay!"

Azarial is listening for a 6yo birthday party.

Temi states, "Got my laptop back, yay."

Temi states, "Made some more progress on tailoring threads. I was going to do more today, but the timing on that didn't quite work out."

Temi trails off, "Let's see..."

Tellen questions, "Question?"

Tellen asks, "Any luck about getting around to woodworking?"

Kinaed gives a tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes some coins.

Temi claims, "The threads for recipes 811 through 863 are done. Which leaves only 864 through 967."

Kinaed says to Tellen, "No, it was Enid's, but she stepped down due to OOC availability issues."

Temi states, "But I'll be able to copy a lot of those based on previous recipes, so I don't expect it to take as long."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes nods at Temi.

Temi states, "If I work on woodworking, it will be after tailoring."

Kinaed asks of Temi, "I think Nedyra picked it up? Did he?"

Kinaed peers at nedy.

Nedyra states, "Was going to. Then was told Az would handle it. So didn't."

Temi states, "So, likely I won't be the one to handle it."

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "But yeah. That's my week."

Kinaed claims, "Awesome."

Kinaed states to Nedyra, "You're up."

Nedyra claims, "More documentation. More phome stuffs, naturally. More research for seasonal economy - that's going to happen, just working on ETA."

Nedyra states, "Related: there's now a dancing help file. Because nearly half a dozen people were looking for one this week."

Azarial may treat that as a quick interim between major dev cycles.

Samantha says, "Apparently dancing wad popular"

Azarial trips over her own feet.
Azarial appears to be incapable at dancing.

Kinaed sniggers.

Nedyra states, "Also hammered out some testing. May or may not have ended up being the cause of today's crash. Whoops."

Azarial claims, "And a skill."

Riley questions, "So now I can twirl around with ease?"

Nedyra claims, "That's it for me."

Azarial states, "May."

Casimir muses, "Halfway over?"

Kinaed gives Casimir some coins.

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Casimir says, "I was getting high on bleach and vinegar."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so there's the staff updates. For those who just entered, you may wish to review the log on the forums because we discussed the changes to the spell, Regnancy."

Kinaed questions, "In the meantime, Player Heartbeat! How's RP been this last week, folks?"

Yvelle declaims, "Quiet!"

Casimir states, "Same old same old, on my end. Getting hated on and staring morosely off into space."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says, "Very, very quiet."

Tellen trails off, "I had finally figured out the path on how to deal with the vote thing..."

Tellen says, "My apologies for side stepping the official way."

Casimir says, "I think I might run a STP this week, 'cause the girly will be at a family reunion. But we'll see. It's rare nowadays that I want to waste seven hours for uner 50 emotes of content."

Kinaed claims, "I've seen our stats are a bit lower than I'd like. In large part, I think it's the time of year, but would ask everyone to contribute to keeping our activity up by voting."

Samantha trails off, "Been super bust as of late on my end so yeah... haven't been around much"

Azarial heaves a sigh, her ears and tails drooping with her expression.

Tellen claims, "Yeah.. I've seen the same thing elsemu*, so it's just the weather.."

Azarial may hvae to retreive a grumpy 2yo

Kinaed queries to Casimir, "Meaning you don't find the storytelling set up beneficial...?"

Kinaed nods at Tellen.

Azarial says, "Alright, haev to mkae an appeaance."

Azarial has gone IAW.

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "Meaning that I want instant gratification and sometimes get tired of waiting for people to emote."

Kinaed says, "Ahhh."

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Casimir states to Kinaed, "Conversely - I think I handled OOC concerns with a fair amount of fair brevity last time I ran an STP, so that was nice. Left more room to get shit done."

Kinaed claims, "You can limit the size of your ST scenes, btw. They don't all have to be grandiose for 300 people. I don't mind if you run small, intimate things for friends."

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Casimir wonders to Kinaed, "Are you more open to STPs in other counties, nowadays, with staff plot shifting focus outside of Lithmore to the Daravi front?"

Kinaed says to Casimir, "It depends if it pulls people off-grid, and for how long they'll be off-grid."

Temi claims, "We are not planning to pull the focus outside of Lithmore."

Temi states, "Just a brief sojourn to Daravi for some plot advancement there, with NPCs."

Nedyra nods.

Kinaed queries to Casimir, "Btw, did you have that book you wanted me to read?"

Casimir gives a slender journal to Kinaed.

Haidar rubs his hands together briefly "Someone say Daravi plot?"

Nedyra says, "Those who're talented enough or brave enough can freely play their own characters on-grid while participating in the plot."

Kinaed wonders, "Also, re: lowered population on TI - anyone have a view regarding anything we can do about that?"

Kinaed asks of a tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes, "Your review of TI never made it on TMC, can you look into that?"

Nedyra says, "Well, I noticed this past week a newcomer to TI is on the top of the activity list, so that's something."

Temi states to Haidar, "Yes, yes, we did."

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "Advertise more, everywhere. Make posters and put them up at gaming communities IRL. *shrug*"

Nedyra says, "So those we're drawing in are definitely staying."

Kinaed says to Casimir, "I ran out of advertising budget, alas. I've gotten a donation recently, but it's going to Az for the new mail, forgery, and aliases code."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Samantha shrugs "not much we can really do kinaed, you are already advertising, people are voting and getting ti up there... there is only so much that can be done."

Casimir claims, "One sec, phone"

Kinaed asks, "Anyone willing to write a review for us?"

Riley claims, "I keep forgetting how to vote."

Nedyra states to Riley, "The links are on TI's website."

Haidar states, "It's summer, people are more apt to go out and hang with people outside their home. Wait until it gets cold again"

Kinaed claims to Riley, "Visit http://ti-legacy.org <-- there are links in the upper left hand corner, follow those and click to vote."

Nedyra claims, "Or when people get used to, or tired of, the heat."

Nedyra says, "... it's .com, Kin."

Nedyra grins.

Tellen states, "Basically."

Kinaed states, "Er, http://ti-legacy.com "

Kinaed states, "Forgot we changed that."

Temi grins.

"Oh! By the way... if we have time, I wanted to bring an idea up." Yvelle shrugs. "May have already been talked about before, but I was recently thinking about it."

Kinaed nods at Yvelle.

Kinaed says, "Adding that to the agenda, Yvelle."

Kinaed asks of Samantha, "You have the first topic, however? Care to introduce it?"

Riley declaims, "Okay! I just voted! Twice!"

Nedyra exclaims, "Yay Riley!"

Riley states, "Thanks for the links. Missed those"

Casimir claims, "I'll write up a pretty poster in Microsoft Office and see if I can't post it to the gaming hub in Portland before I leave."

Samantha nods to Kinaed "Alrighty, so it has to do with renaming. I was recently rping with someone and they mentioned to me in tells that one of my pets, a dog, would likely recognize said person's scent. Now this made me begin to wonder, how should recognizing someone who has renamed be handled?

Samantha says, "Really everyone else would not know it is them unless they make mention of it, so how would we truly rp that without them telling us"

Kinaed states to Casimir, "Thanks :) Also, if you do other work, we can probably use some more ads."

Haidar claims, "Use perfume to cover your scent"

Kinaed states to Samantha, "I'm not sure."

Casimir shrugs. "Topmudsites and TMC burnt me out. There's only so many MUD players on the interwebs. It'd be nice to draw in some people who have never mudded before, but have RPed.

Kinaed declaims, "I think that'd be a poor detection mechanism because, even if the dog did recognize someone's scent, there's no way for the dog to say "Master, that's Bob!""

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "Yeah, I advertise on web comics, etc. It'd be nice to have new ads to show them."

Temi states, "We would definitely encourage people who have renamed to drop hints, to let people know ooc stuff they can use, and for the people being clued in on these things to use them responsibly."

Kinaed queries, "viewtopic.php?f=10&t=722"

Temi says, "But there's no policy that you have to do that. Just things you can do to encourage rp."

Casimir says, "Renames should be practically bulletproof, IMO. That's a lot of QP gone down the drain, and all your resources are basically reset - reputation, influence, connections, etc."

Yvelle says, "I feel like that's a strange way to go about thing. And there's a big difference between a dog 'recognizing' a sent and something hugely noticeable happening because of it."

An unremarkable man claims, "The dog wouldn't be able to identify, but if the dog reacted in a certain way to certain people they might react in the same way"

Haidar trails off, "Dogs can communicate with their owners, depending well the owner and dog are trained. Examples.... military dogs, drug dogs etc"

Temi claims, "We -are- changing how renames are done."

Nedyra nods at Temi.

Temi says, "It's in the pile of specs."

Temi grins.

Casimir claims to Temi, "Good. I want to masquerade as a woman over the weekend, sometimes."

Kinaed says, "I think it depends on the rename. If it's just a disguise, then the owner needs to be fair and dropping RP hints. If it's a mage rename (ie, went to get a new face via witchdoctor), then it's reasonable to drop less hints."

Temi claims, "That's in the plans."

Samantha claims, "Exactly kinaed, I rped the dog noticing the scent, but my actual character did not recognize or even think twice about it. however perhaps when someone is renamed there should be a familiarity check type of thing, I mean certainly the spouse of someone's character would be a bit more clued into the person than random joe on the street"

Kinaed states, "But a rename is an IC thing, so should be treated ICly realistically."

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "I don't hold that renames should be bulletproof because someone paid QP. Paying QP gives you the privilege of a re-ID, which is in and of itself a huge benefit. It shouldn't break the theme and mechanics of the world."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "I'll consider that, but I have to admit, that I'm reluctant to add it. Whereas I don't think re-IDs should be bulletproof, I also don't hold that everyone is entitled to clues."

Casimir says to Kinaed, "If a dog could finger out Jean Valjean, Les Miserables would have been a couple thousand pages less."

Kinaed claims, "Especially not on an automatic 'you notice Bob is really Joe' basis."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything else to add here before we move on to Yvelle's topic?"

Temi states, "Plus, not a whole lot of reason to buy a rename if you just want a completely new character. They are primarily if you want to continue to RP as the character, but cautiously."

Kinaed queries to Yvelle, "Please, introduce us? :)"

Haidar says to Casimir, "You wear the skirt, I'll wear the high heel"

Casimir grins at Haidar.

Yvelle claims, "Well, this priestess character of mine has been working on setting up a bit of an herbalism tie between the Inquisition and the Physicians. After all, what better way to use dastardly concoctions then in interrogation? But as a sidetrack on that, I noticed that we have a lot of concoctions for things that don't have an opportunity to be RPed out that much. There's no code-based 'sickness' in the game, and because of that, most physician RP is based around injuries. So I was curious if there was a way to help that."

Temi asks, "You mean like.. random illness fluffers

Kinaed states, "I'm happy to code disease, but suspect the general populace is less interested in getting them."

Tellen snickers.

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes claims, "I find the sneezing annoying enough. Please no random diseases."

Casimir Less interested in it than getting disguises and sneaking fixed, on my end. But it'd be nice if I went out into the rain without a shirt, getting sick. That would be fun.

Casimir claims, "Less interested in it than getting disguises and sneaking fixed, on my end. But it'd be nice if I went out into the rain without a shirt, getting sick. That would be fun. **"

Tellen states, "Handle more corpses. You'll get sick."

Yvelle states, "Yes. I don't mean a whole bunch of annoying coded symptoms. But some degree of it might be useful."

Haidar claims, "Need to go, sorry foksw"

Haidar has left the game.

Kinaed muses, "I'll poll the pbase at large. Still, maybe a reminder to people to RP common illness would be good?"

Tellen queries, "Or maybe just have the Rp queue in affects and the player has to Rp it out?"

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims, "A lot of the concoctions just have an RP affect with some having a coded affect like temporary blindness or some being a deadly poison. People can RP illnesses, I have done it before on Beronica. It comes down to what players want to do with their characters."

Kinaed says, "I have the evil desire to make a virulent STD and time how long it takes to pervade 80% of the pbase. :P"

Yvelle nods. "A reminder might do the trick. And it's not that I'd like people's characters to be frequently sick, just for there to be some balance between sickness and injury in the game."

Yvelle giggles.

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says to Kinaed, "Reminds me of that game my nephew got me addicted to when he visited me for a week."

Kinaed queries, "Well, maybe we can make a random mood-like command where people log in, type it, and can get a random state for their character that they can take on board as optional, and one of those might be 'ill'?"

Temi says, "Maybe we need some system where we can let people take on bad things to give an xp bonus when rping with them."

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes chuckles.

Kinaed states to Temi, "Could do that. Log in, get a message "Today's random personal event: Temi has got a cold. Do you accept? Y/N" then XP bonus if they say yes."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes queries, "Perhaps something they can use like once every 48 hours so that they do not spam it? Like you catch a cold, or heard a nasty bit of gossip?"

Nedyra would love that.

Temi says, "That would be neat."

Yvelle claims, "Oh. That would actually be amazingly interesting."

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes says, "I'm on board with something like that."

An unremarkable man claims, "Might want to kick up to staff if they accept so they can check in every now and then make sure they are following it to prevent just accepting then ignoring it"

Kinaed nods at an unremarkable man.

Casimir queries, "I've seen a few newer players with 'bad' descriptions, subjectively. Describing emoshuns and actions. What do I do?"

Yvelle trails off, "That would just be a great way to spice up RP in general. Moods, illnesses, 'bad dream', random things..."

Kinaed says to Casimir, "Poke an aide."

Kinaed nods at Yvelle.

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims to Yvelle, "It has been ages since I got a dream. Not since we've switched over to cnotes."

Samantha is always welcomed to be poked.... not matter how i word that pose it still sounds a bit bad

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes claims, "Illnesses are easier because if you attach a room display affect, then they can't so easily just 'accept' and then ignore it. Not that I think most of our pbase would twink like that."

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "The description help file tells them what they shouldn't include, btw, so you can also point them to that."

Kinaed states to a tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes, "I agree, I doubt most of the pbase would twink it."

Kinaed claims, "Especially since it'd be something they could reject if they don't want to participate."

Nedyra claims, "They'd just also lose an XP boost."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Kinaed questions, "Maybe it shouldn't be an XP boost, just a random suggestion?"

An unremarkable man claims, "Not saying that they would. Just it happens sometimes, preventative measures are always better than just leaving things be"

Kinaed wonders, "Maybe it could give out a QP, but only if you earn a certain amount of RPxp within the next 2 hours or something?"

Nedyra states, "Hey, that could work too."

Azarial sits down with cake

Azarial has returned from IAW.

Kinaed claims, "So it'll actually encourage people to find someone to RP with, stat."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes states, "That's why I suggested something like once every 48 hours between each 'suggestion' so that they do not spam the bonus."

Yvelle claims, "I like that idea, really."

Temi states, "That'd be neat."

Kinaed nods at a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes.

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes says, "I stay logged in all the time because we were encouraged to do so via the silver rewards system."

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes questions, "So would I have to relog for something like that?"

Kinaed queries to a tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes, "Does it make much of a difference?"

Kinaed claims, "Nah, I think we should just make it fire every once and awhile."

Kinaed says, "But won't when afk."

A tanned, dark-haired man with pale blue eyes says, "I like that idea better than something that occurs on login."

Kinaed asks, "Our OOC Chat time is up - anyone have anything else they want to discuss?"

Yvelle says, "Nope! Thanks for letting me bring that up though."

Kinaed states to Yvelle, "I think it resulted in a great idea to encourage RP in the game. :) Thank YOU for raising it."

Kinaed states, "Okay, sending everyone off. Thank you, everyone, for attending this week's OOC Chat. :)"
Lurks the Forums

• Information