Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat May 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Kinaed queries, "Okay, today's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Anyone else want to add anything to the agenda to make certain we speak about it today?"

A lithe blonde woman with emerald green eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to a lithe blonde woman with emerald green eyes.

Alphos says Kinaed, "I'd like to talk about withdrawal and the damage."

Kinaed questions a lithe blonde woman with emerald green eyes, "You only missed the agenda call. Anything you want to talk about?"

Kinaed nods at Alphos.

Kinaed questions, "Noted and on the list. Anyone else?"

A lithe blonde woman with emerald green eyes shakes her head, "Not in particular, no."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's begin with staff updates."

Kinaed says, "I'll start. Last week I was quite busy at work, so I didn't get a lot done - but I did turn over a spec for the replacement of GL Approval through rumors to IC Event board posts. I'm still working out some things around expiring support and pooling support as IP earning is going to have to change from the massive accumulation to something a bit more steady to support the system. Also, "GL Approve" and "GL Disapprove" seems to conflict with the GL channel commands."

Cosmas has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to Cosmas.

Kinaed queries, "So I suppose this coming week is hashing out those problems. Nothing else for me. Azarial, you're up?"

Samantha claims, "Yeah i can easily understand how they would conflict"

Azarial says, "Trying to wokr on new mail without breaking old mail has been engaging."

Azarial states, "Fixed a few bugs, and I think a crash in there this week."

Azarial claims, "Switched the purchase of ip form qp to silver."

Alphos queries, "Ooh! Really?"

Kinaed nods at Alphos.

Azarial says, "Just stubbed in the initial framework for the gla command; trying to get that done quickly for obvious reasons. it should be a pretty close copy to the regency, so that should move quickly--most of the bugs were already squished."

Azarial claims, "A big sticking point is tracking mail data when a piece of mail is stuffed into a ledger; for now I am just not allowing that wiht new mail until I figure out something reasonable."

Unrecognized command. Perhaps you meant the following:
who

Samantha wonders, "Why does mail data need to be tracked in the first place?"

Azarial says, "Six weeks old and a bit over eleven pounds now."

Azarial claims, "For forgery."

Azarial says, "Old mail is just a string. nothing fancy."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes wonders, "Perhaps a different item that we can put mail into that is not a ledger?"

Azarial states, "So making it an xdesc in a ledger is trivial."

Samantha trails off, "Hmm... suppose that makes sense"

Azarial says, "New mail is an assortment of different strings and such that need to be handled differently, then parsed and printed each time the message is read."

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

Temi waves.

Azarial questions, "No other questions? then I'm done"

Kinaed says Temi, "You're up, gorgeous."

Temi claims, "Oh, how exciting."

Samantha tries to steal some of the powder from temi's rainbow

Temi exclaims, "I have done very little!"

Temi states, "Making a little more progress on tailoring."

Kinaed states, "Excellent, it means we'll keep to time :P"

Kinaed kids.

Nedyra whaps Samantha on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Temi claims, "Will continue to keep working on that."

Kinaed smiles.

Alphos fights over it with Samantha.

Temi says, "Okay, that's all."

Nedyra beats Alphos with his own property.

Samantha looks at Temi and smirks "You make doing little sound like a bad thing." absently backhands alphos and fights off nedyra's newspaper

Kinaed says Nedyra, "You're up, Nedyra."

Herazade just grabs the put of gold while the two of them fight over powder.

Nedyra says, "Auction. Huuuuuge thing. And it ends officially tonight."

Nedyra proclaims, "I have keys!" and taps a documentation library.

Kinaed states Samantha, "Please, be nice."

Nedyra states, "After tonight's chat, I'll start the process of handing 'em out."

Alphos exclaims, "Yay!"

Nedyra states, "If you're not on when I get to you, that won't matter. I'm good like that."

Kinaed claps happily.

Nedyra says, "Oh, and just for the record, some of these properties will easily provide certain guilds a steady stream of incoming. Just sayin'."

Azarial mumbles, "Can't sleep, the dirty dishes will eat me...'

Nedyra claims, "Income, too."

Nedyra declares, "That's it for me!"

October is idle.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, that's it for staff updates today, so the next item of business - Player Heartbeat. How's the RP folks? Anything staff can or should be doing to support it?"

Samantha ponders this for a long while "Well... considering i have been rather... away this last week what little rp i have had has been good

Kinaed smiles.

Alphos trails off, "Lots of great RP for me this week. Plenty of threats and warnings. Blah... Blah... Blah..."

Kinaed claims, "A lot of people seem to be away, and we've worried if TI's losing pbase over something, or if it's just the natural rhythm."

An oily, short, and fat man says, "RP was good. I wish I could've been on more this week, sounds like i missed a lot."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes "It has been an interesting experience to playing a different character type.

Nedyra examines an oily, short, and fat man closely momentarily.

Kinaed claims, "Our stats are definitely at their lowest for some time."

Samantha trails off, "I've just been away due to being busy and for some odd reason losing alot of energy... nothing to do with the game"

Kinaed nods at a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes.

Alphos states, "I keep telling somebody to make t-shirts."

Nedyra trails off, "In the defense of activity levels, this is memorial day weekend..."

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes states, "Some more guidance in regards to conflict would be nice, especially between guilds."

Kinaed says, "Ahh, that may account for it. Not a holiday here in Aussie land, but the Aussies far under-number the Americans :)"

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes says, "I think that's some of what this game seems to be missing, from the perspective of a new player."

Nedyra claims, "And college ended for most either last week or the week before."

Samantha laughs "Yeah.. my memorial day will likely be spent with you lot... And what do you mean exactly by conflict between guilds?

Kinaed claims a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes, "Can you provide an example of what you're thinking of? By the way, I should have mentioned in my update I floated an idea from a player (I don't know who they play in the game) who just started suggesting we make objects examinable for all interacting commands."

Samantha queries, "Can you give an example? Given I play a guild leader it may be something i can work on"

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes states, "Exactly that. A lot of people, in my experience are afraid of personal conflict."

Kinaed claims, "We're going to do that, and figured out how, just might not be very quick."

Nedyra absolutely is in love with that idea, personally.

Samantha quirks her eyebrow "Well alot of personal conflict is kept more secretive..

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes states, "But, if Guilds as a whole. Have issues, it doesn't necessarily have to amount to bloodshed. But if emnity builds between guilds that can bubble up in personal roleplay. And end up with minorities against minorities, or at least a little more backstabbing."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair trails off a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes, "Well, if it's backstabbing you want..."

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes says, "I'm just observing something here. I don't know your character, nor do I know your roleplay. Just saying what I see as a new player."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair grins at a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes.

Kinaed questions, "Meaning you'd like us to proscribe, for example, that Troubs don't get along with merchants and the Order has a hard on for the nobility or something?"

Kinaed claims, "Just as a possible example."

Kinaed states a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair, "I know we have no lack of backstabbing. At any rank. :)"

Kinaed claims, "Albeit I admit it's probably not immediately obvious."

Samantha shrugs "As earl marshall I can say that there is guild on guild conflict... just not very obvious to the public eye type of conflict
Kinaed wonders a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes, "Do you follow the rumor system?"

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes claims, "Something to provide ambient life, behind the scenes. And yeah, I see there could be quite a bit going on. I was just giving my two cents worth because it was asked for."

Kinaed smiles at a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes.

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes claims, "I've tried. But it prompts with rumor agree / disagree. And I enter those commands, and sometimes nothing happens."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, I'm sure it's absolutely legitimate. We're trying to retain new players, afterall."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Samantha nods to a tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes "Never hurts to give you two cents

Azarial wonders, "Is the support autoupdate working?"

Samantha mumbles about internet

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says Azarial, "Yes! It is awesome."

Azarial states, "Excellet"

Kinaed beams.

Kinaed trails off, "For those who don't know..."

Nedyra makes a note to actually start using that new system now.

Kinaed claims, "Support used to fade after a period of two weeks. It still does, but not IF YOU RP with the person who supports you or that you support."

Kinaed claims, "When you RP with your supporters, their support will automatically be renewed once you get enough RPxp with them for the game to assume it was more substantial than having a drink at the bar."

An oily, short, and fat man claims, "Oh that's cool."

Kinaed claims, "You'll get a warning when your support is about to expire."

Kinaed says, "It'll be a pboard note."

Alphos claims, "Nice"

Nedyra claims, "Similar to the warnings you get about inactivity."

Samantha exclaims, "Hey now! a drink at a bar can be substantial"

Lakali says, "Rawr."

Kinaed says, "And a notice when your support is renewed, just a one-liner alert during RP."

Samantha says, "And wait.. we get warnings about inactivitu"

Kinaed claims Samantha, "It's based on the RPXP you earn with them."

Kinaed asks Azarial, "Do you know what the threshold is offhand?"

Azarial claims, "100 per week"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Nedyra claims Samantha, "You do. Go inactive for a stretch, especially if you're in a guild, get a pboard warning you're about to be removed."

Azarial states, "Checks and resets weekly. tqo week to expire from last week that renewed"

Samantha nods to Nedyra "Was not even aware of this... neat.

Kinaed claims, "Well, not removed, but that you're going to go inactive and lose your ranks, which you can only fix by seeing a GL."

Kinaed claims Samantha, "You've only very rarely been inactive, and probably never long enough to get the warnings."

Nedyra states, "Well, okay, close enough to removed that IC assistance is required."

Nedyra grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Samantha smirks to Kinaed "Well yeah.. but still neat to know that is exists."

Kinaed says, "The game won't remove a person from their guild, just force them to seek out their GL and validate their status."

Azarial says, "Four weeks inactive for a guild demotion"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi says, "It is three weeks inactive before there's a reminder."

Nedyra nods.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, so that covers Player Heartbeat - player topics. Let's start with Alphos's comment on addiction and wounds. Alphos, would you care to introduce us?"

Herazade busts Samantha down to court servant.

Nedyra states, "You get pboarded at 3 weeks, then knocked down at 4."

An oily, short, and fat man states, "Wait"

Kinaed muses an oily, short, and fat man, "Something wrong?"

Samantha muses, "Yeah that day i go inactive for four weeks you all can assume something happened.." looks at /herazade with wide eyes "Oh please mistress can i have some more?""

An oily, short, and fat man claims, "It can probably wait, but it's been bothering me for a while."

Kinaed questions an oily, short, and fat man, "Want me to pencil you in for a topic?"

An oily, short, and fat man claims, "It's not a topic. It has to do with the inactive thing and being in guilds."

Kinaed says, "Oh, okay. Alphos, hold off a sec."

Alphos says, "Sure! Addiction at the moment is working well. It keeps you needing to actively use your drug of choice without suffering certain consequences. It's even brought some fun rp about. My problem is how quickly it injures you after your first withdrawal warning."

Kinaed says an oily, short, and fat man, "Go ahead :)"

Alphos says, "Derp.."

Kinaed nods at Alphos.

Kinaed exclaims, "No worries, we'll go back to it!"

Kinaed states an oily, short, and fat man, "Best to finish out the previous topic though, apologies if I moved too quickly."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes sits down and rests.

An oily, short, and fat man claims, "Sorry Alphos. I won't take up time. Basically, on my other character when I check the guildlist, I'm not shown as a public member of the ugild I'm in. Yet on my other other character, I do the same thing but he's a member publicly."

An oily, short, and fat man queries, "Does it mean that my first other character isn't in the game ICly?"

An oily, short, and fat man states, "Guild not game"

Nedyra claims, "He's in the guild, just not advertising it."

Kinaed states, "Public or non-public defaults based on if it's a covert guild or non-covert. Any player can manually toggle their appearance in the list, covert or non."

An oily, short, and fat man says, "Oh ok. Thanks."

Nedyra states, "It also depends on your guild."

Azarial says, "Score will tell you what guilds youa re in"

Kinaed states, "It has nothing to do with activity, inactive players show on the list."

Kinaed wonders an oily, short, and fat man, "Did that cover your query?"

An oily, short, and fat man pontificates, "Ohhh. Yup! Thanks! Sorry again Alphos!"

Alphos claims, "No problem."

Kinaed says Alphos, "Would you mind restating your introduction for the record? Please accept my apologies also."

Alphos states, "Sure! Addiction at the moment is working well. It keeps you needing to actively use your drug of choice without suffering certain consequences. It's even brought some fun rp about. My problem is how quickly it injures you after your first withdrawal warning. (repost)"

Kinaed queries Alphos, "How quickly is it injuring you after the first warning?"

Kinaed claims, "I would hope there's time for you to actually go get the drug."

Temi states, "Basically, it's a simple withdrawing or not. It'll slowly be ticking up the whole time you're withdrawing."

Samantha looks to Alphos morphing into cherche suddenly "Hey... lines my pockets so you won't see me complaining."

Samantha smirks at Alphos

Alphos says, "Well, I wasn't able to walk from the town hall to the Grand magnate's office before being injured. The most I got was a minor harm injury, but it just seems to happen too quickly."

October is idle.

Kinaed nods at Alphos.

October is no longer idle.
October has returned from AFK.

Kinaed queries, "So literally a minute or two?"

Azarial muses, "How many are you toking on then quitting?"

Alphos nods at Kinaed.

Alphos states Azarial, "Quite a bit... I don't know if I could keep a good count."

Temi states, "Wounds would slowly tick up to a point where they stay active, but the ticking does start right away. But we're still willing to calibrate it to the right values. So feedback on th speed of things is good."

Kinaed says Alphos, "Can we take this offline and discuss? It could either be whatever the specific drug is that your char is taking or it can be across the board. We'll need to review them, I think."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair muses, "Do withdrawal injuries occur if the person is idling or AFK or is the timer only active when someone is active in RP?"

Azarial states, "If one is hitting you, that shouldn;t be too bad. if ten get you...that;s going to sting."

Kinaed queries Alphos and Temi, "You two can take an action item to review this together?"

Alphos nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Shouldn't be drug specific. If anyone else has input on them, glad to hear."

Azarial says, "All the time until the addiction clears out."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair nods.

Rain has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi states, "Withdrawal isn't intended to be something you can idle through and then go back to RPing as if you never had an addiction."

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to Rain.

Kinaed questions, "I don't believe there are any lethal addictions in game?"

Azarial says, "Not intentionally."

Kinaed claims, "Hehehe."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair chuckles.

Alphos states, "Lol"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, we didn't have any more specifically raised player topics, so..."

Temi claims, "Yeah, shouldn't kill you. If it does... that's a bug."

Temi nods.

Kinaed asks, "What do people want to talk about?"

Azarial claims, "If you smoke everything and then go cold turkey....well, that was untested."

Kinaed states, "Or we can end the meeting early."

Nedyra states, "And not supported."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair questions, "Regarding addiction - is it to specific substances, like floleaf or coamjar, regardless of form taken?"

Alphos nods at October.

Alyra has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to Alyra.

Temi states, "Each herb is marked with the sort of addiction it is. Mostly they are on the herb level instead of specific form."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair declaims, "Neat. Let's all go get addicted to floleaf!"

Temi claims, "But there's a few combinations that have their own existence."

Samantha rolls her head from side to side considering "Hmm... wish i had a topic to bring up but got nothin."

Kinaed smiles at Samantha.

Herazade says, "Just wanted to remind everyone that the wine festival celebrations will be on after the OOC chat. If you can make it, great."

Kinaed pontificates, "It'll be an unusual first if we end the chat without going over time, let alone under!"

Azarial states, "Getting lunar class latencies."

Kinaed questions Azarial, "Huh?"

Temi claims, "He's lagging."

Samantha looks over at Azarial eyes wide "two words caught my attention... go on."

Azarial states, "About six seconds between send and receive."

Nedyra says, "Those of you I have properties for will be hearing from me shortly. If you're in RP when you do, I'll sneak relevant paperwork into your inv."

Nedyra says, "If you're not online when I want you to hear from me, your keys will be there when you are."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard is idle.

Alphos pontificates, "Yay!"

Nedyra says, "Except for alphos. He owes me drug money."

Samantha ponders and speaks up "Wait! i have a questiontopic now."

Herazade wonders, "Will we find out 'officially' IC, who bought which, or not unless we make an effort to?"

A lithe blonde woman with emerald green eyes squatters.

Kinaed queries, "Did anyone else have any ideas for the game? Maybe we can go back to Donal's suggestions for making conflict more obvious and see what we can do about that?"

Alphos states, "Aww... I'll let you stay in my fancy new crack house rent free, Nedyra."

October states, "Actually I have a question."

Kinaed wonders October, "Yes, ma'am?"

Nedyra claims Herazade, "You would find out easily enough, being Regent. Most folks would probably have to work for it IC though."

Herazade wants a cut of sales... just sayin'... P (jk also)

October queries, "If you ICly transfered a loan to a player to buy things and pay you back, and then they end up going inactive and default. Are you able to swipe their money / things back? Despite them not able to answe r for it?"

Kinaed states, "Yes, but you'll need to contact staff."

Kinaed states, "And you'll need to prove to staff that the agreement existed."

Temi nods in agreement.

October states, "Should be easy then. ^^ "

Samantha claims, "I have a question-topic now"

Kinaed claims, "People going inactive shouldn't get let off the hook for that, so they'll log in with a notice that they got chased down, etc - or wrapped up, even. It's dangerous to go inactive with negative RP hanging over your head. This was a deliberate decision so people who stick around don't get left hanging by someone who just doesn't want to RP what they brought on themselves."

Kinaed muses Samantha, "Yes?"

Cellan has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to Cellan.

Lando has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes drinks cider from an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design.

Nedyra gives an elegant wineglass with a stylistic painted design to Lando.

Alphos claims, "I've been following the 'steal policy' if I repossess any items, just in case they do come back."

Kinaed states Cellan and Lando, "We just answered if someone goes inactive with a money lender after them, if they can recoup their money. The answer was yes with an RPA request to staff."

Cellan nods.

Azarial says, "Prolly like any other unresolved rp requests."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes wonders, "What about making sure that an official will for a previous character is seen to?"

Kinaed states a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes, "You can't retroactively create a will, if needs to be lodged before going inactive or dying, with the Reeves, ICly."

Samantha trails off, "Well i was curious was the general view on people not being present for things when icly they should. First example normally you would have a character attend a mass but because they already have an alt there they can't have the other character there as well.. well should that be held against them? Second part is if for example a big fight goes on and your character should be there but due to life you are not able to log on... should that icly also be held against you"

Kinaed claims, "Generally, people won't hold it against you."

Kinaed claims, "I've never seen a case where anyone did."

Kinaed says, "But if you agree to be somewhere and don't show, then it can be held against you/"

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "Typically, staff don't get involved in those things."

Lakali claims, "...I got kind of told that I couldn't be at a pyring. :/"

Samantha states, "Well i was just curious on the general consensus.. and yeah if you agree to be somewhere that is a different topic"

Kinaed queries Lakali, "What do you mean?"

Temi says, "The only times I've seen people it hold people against them is when they were previously agreed to be there."

Cellan claims, "Well, a good deal of common sense comes into play there, surely. It'd be unfair to hold it against someone for not being logged in when they're sleeping, have to work, or are generally just doing other things."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cellan nods at Temi.

Lando claims, "If you're important enough to be "required" at a scene, you're important enough to make up a plausible IC reason why you couldn't make it, too. Or usually it's something that no one asks about."

Kinaed states, "Sometimes you can't attend something because you have two alts on too, so people tend to let it go if you're online but don't attend something. Who is online and around for any given event is definitely OOC Info."

Kinaed claims, "Since alts can't RP with one another."

Kinaed questions, "Any other questions, concerns, or thoughts to share? It's not all the time people get to talk OOCly about things :)"

Samantha nods at this content with the answeres

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard is no longer idle.
A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard has returned from AFK.

Cosmas claims, "Depending on how much time we have, I may have something."

Kinaed states, "If not, we're coming to the conclusion of our time - last five minutes anyway."

Kinaed wonders Cosmas, "Let's try it out. What's on your mind?"

Lando claims, "Only thing I want to point out is that I'm bribing people to make bards in in a concerted effort to jumpstart the guild. That may be what Cosmas is talking about, too."

Herazade perks up at the talk of bribes.

Azarial states, "Whee, flood watch, lightnoing, uncertain wiring."

Kinaed smiles.

Azarial waves.

Azarial has left the game.

Cosmas asks, "Sorta. What I wanted to talk about more is what people would like to see in their troubs. I've been thinking that the troubs need a little bit of a fixer-upper. So that brings me to the question: What would you guys like to see in the Troubs? What do you think should be a thing?"

Alphos declaims, "I'd like to see a circus performance with a big tent!"

Kinaed states, "I just like performances, personally."

Alyra says, "Just hanging out in the bars, gossiping and sharing ic news, maybe help direct new players/characters to potential connections"

Kinaed says, "Any excuse to get a group of people together, even if it's just sitting down at the local inn by yourself and strumming a few notes."

Kinaed nods at Alyra.

Nedyra says, "I mentioned on the troub channel I think it was yesterday I see yall as a sort of medieval style media. Nothing goes on that you guys don't usually know about. So use that."

Herazade claims, "More performances, low-key/ad-hoc is fine,"

Kinaed claims, "People who are bards making it clear from the way they dress and how they act that they're members of the guild."

Lando says, "I personally want to move away from the bard = performer mindset. I think it limits things. Some can be performers. Not all have to be."

Kinaed nods at Herazade.

Kinaed shrugs.

Cosmas nods to Lando.

Kinaed states Lando, "Cosmas asked what we'd like to see. I wouldn't make a person RP what I'd like to see, not my place, but I will provide an honest answer to the question."

Samantha trails off, "Yeah nedyra i have to rather disagree with that... I see no reason why bards should be trusted when in he past they served as spies"

Lando says Kinaed, "Hence why I said what I did too. No reason we can't disagree."

Samantha claims, "Hence my major objection to the whole bardic sceptor crap added and then never used"

Kinaed claims, "Not spies per se as far as I understand, but rather people who carried news across borders and have access to everywhere - and are sworn to tell the truth."

Kinaed says, "According to the bardic code Johannes published, which was actually pretty old and had been in game since 2002 or so."

Nedyra claims Samantha, "It's all in your perception of it IC. there'll always be rumors, like anything else, about them. It's how you play it."

Herazade claims, "The truth-telling oath aspect could use some highlighting."

Cosmas nods to Herazade.

Lando questions, "Let me ask Cosmas' question in a different way. We can all agree that the Knights' mission is "Capture mages and defend the realm." The Reeves' is "uphold the law." The Merchants' is, "Capitalism, ho!", basically. What do you believe the bards' mission is?"

Kinaed says, "Entertainment."

Herazade states, "Maybe when they take those oaths, they're done in public. Should spread knowledge of it"

An oily, short, and fat man says, "To make people merry."

Cellan says, "I second Kinaed."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair wonders, "Keepers of oral history?"

Kinaed nods at a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair.

Temi says, "And spread information."

Kinaed says, "I like that one too."

Nedyra nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cosmas states, "Thanks for the help Lando, and keep in mind, this can be behind closed doors as well."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says OOCly, "I always thought of them as those who spread knowledge."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says, "I always thought of them as those who spread knowledge."

Cosmas nods to a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes

Kinaed says, "I do sort of see them like "medieval media""

Lando states, "I like Aeron's idea best, so far. And Karrina's. But it seems there are those who like the idea of roving performers too. It's hard to synthesize things - like Nedyra said the other day, they're kind of a "miscellaneous" guild."

Samantha says, "I am fairly certain i remember spy netork... that may have just been the whole swallow bit... and just because they take an oath doesnt mean it holds anything.. heck in the recent past they are known for being in league with the brotherhood and magery.. And i see them solely as jesters.. nothing more nothing less."

Kinaed says, "I don't think so - I think rather we've people entering the guild who aren't interested in being performers. The help files, guild skills, etc, all indicate - they're performers by theme."

Cosmas claims Samantha, "There was once."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims, "That is exactly what bards were in Medieval times. They were the ones to bring news from the various countries, or write songs/poems so that major events would not be forgotten."

Nedyra nods at a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes.

Herazade claims, "Every guild has a recent history of being in league with heretics/mages. :)"

Lakali says, "Bards are spies, totally."

A tall, muscular male with red hair and green eyes states, "Story tellers, to spread knowledge and information in a way that people will easily and willingly digest."

Samantha claims, "Yes bards were those who relayed information, but not those who could just barge in on events like they freakin own the place"

Lakali states, "I'd give input but I'm truly upset to levels that it's affecting my health on OOC levels."

Kinaed asks Lakali, "If they are, who are they spying for, I wonder?"

Rain claims, "Maybe if and when a system is in place to create events outside of the city, troubadours will have first crack at disseminating information."

An oily, short, and fat man wonders, "May I get transed out?"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard claims, "Sadly, the Inquisition has a terribly regular association with mages. We just can't seem to cut the link. Oh wait.."

An oily, short, and fat man has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed says Lakali, "The guild has no allegiances that strictly imply they'd report to anyone in particular. "

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair grins at a shaven headed blonde man with a short beard.

Samantha says, "Heck even common day media don't get a free pass into events"

Lakali claims, "Could be anyone."

Kinaed grins at a shaven headed blonde man with a short beard.

Lando says, "Samantha, you're grousing about something that literally happened, never, except in a helpfile."

Nedyra claims Samantha, "True. but when the media's refused, guarantee that's all people hear about."

Cosmas says Kinaed, "The way I see it, they are spying for the public. They spy to get the truth that needs to be out then put it in the papers."

Nedyra grins.

Herazade says, "I've seen it happen three times actually."

Kinaed nods at Cosmas.

Lando states, "Troubadours = Wikileaks. I can get behind that."

Kinaed states, "In theory."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair states, "Elbowing into an event seems like a great way to spur RP to me."

Kinaed nods at Lando.

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard claims, "I wouldn't take the journalist thing too far"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard states, "Because bards weren't like journalists, they were a bit more chaotic than that"

Cosmas nods to a shaven headed blonde man with a short beard.

Kinaed claims, "Certainly it's a sticky environment to be a journalist for. I remember a few times Troubs (or merchant players) ICly started up an anonymous newspaper."

Samantha trails off, "Exactly.. it has happened when truthfully i see no reason it should have in the first place... then again i am very bias with guilds not OVERstepping their bounds"

Kinaed claims, "Shame that never really kept being cylical."

Kinaed states, "We're over time, folks."

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes states, "And there may be some who take what they learn and sell it to possibly interested parties before it gets to the public."

Lando states, "Well, my point is this: the guild can in theory support different archetypes. Which is good, because the idea of a Big Tent guild working for a common purpose is neat."

Nedyra says, "You definitely need to be able to be a self-starter with the troubs. Nearly as much as you do going independent."

Lakali says, "HAHA"

October is idle.

Lakali claims, "Puncuated by all them messages right after you mention that."

Kinaed nods at Lando.

Nedyra states, "But yeah, we're over time and thereS RP to be had."

Nedyra grins.

Herazade says, "Not super sold on the journalist angle myself, but I'll roll with whatever, support the bards whoever they want to be. That is true Nedyra. You need to be proactive."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair pontificates, "Thanks for the meeting!"

Cosmas nods.

Herazade pontificates, "Bardic RP to be had, no less!"

Lando states, "So yeah, to round back to the beginning: if you want to be a minstrel, take my QP and make a character. If you want to be a journalist, do the same. If you want to be a trapeze artist, do the same."

Cosmas asks, "Would you guys like that I post something on the Forums?"

Kinaed states, "I think a journalist sort is a perfectly fine concept for the bards, if it's not literally THE CONCEPT FOR ALL BARDS."

Lando nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Having said that, let's get back to the game - thank you everyone for attending."

Nedyra claims, "Bards are basicly creativity with guild support."
Lurks the Forums

• Information