Log of meeting 17th May 2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

EmuHunterBruce

Sat May 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's get this show started. Today's agenda:
- Staff Updates
- Player Topics"
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "I'd really like and discuss how we can have more active Guilds, somewhat. "
Kinaed claims, "This is a forum for players to raise whatever they want."
Kinaed nods at Squire Lakali von Lorien.
Kinaed says, "Okay, we'll talk about that soon."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "I wanted to see what people think of being able to trade with NPCs and support the RP of smugglers, investors, wholesale merchants and things like that."
Kinaed nods at Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "And maybe a system that calculates the economy in places players can't visit ICly as a result of these"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Maybe also with risks involved as well as rewards, so that its not just a money tree"
Kinaed claims, "Okay, Temi mind writing those down? I don't have the means atm."
Temi claims, "Sure."
Cosmas of Thorison muses Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Sorta like selling items to NPCs?"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "If you've played assassins creed there is a system where you send off your guys to do missions and things like that, and it costs you and you get a risk factor and a reward"
Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's carry on the agenda quickly "
Temi states, "We'll discuss when we get to player topics. Got it written down."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Thats the simplest way I can illustrate it in a way that already exists"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Okay"
Kinaed claims, "Last week I wrote up a replacement syatem form rumor-based GL approvals."
Vanessa Collins questions, "Oh? What does that involve, Kin?"
Kinaed claims, "Floated it to the staff for feedback."
Vanessa Collins claims, "I think that's actually a good idea"
Kinaed queries Temi, "Do you thibk it's in a format okay to format to the players to have a read or...?"
Kinaed claims, "It's on the staff board with some staff comments editing the notes."
Temi claims, "Probably not too bad for them."
Kinaed wonders Temi, "Mind copying it to General then?"
Temi has moved the note Fwd: Preliminary Draft of GL Approvals moving to Events (Edited by Temi) (Original author: Kinaed), by Temi, to the General board.
Temi says, "There you go."
Kinaed states, "With this change, the posts can be guild-only and players can pool IP for them."
Temi wonders, "Were we putting protections on it not being guild-only for a guild that it doesn't belong to?"
Kinaed trails off, "But instead of spreadi g rumors, players will describe an influence event used to try and oust a GL or support them..."
Vanessa Collins questions, "Alright. Kinda like the system used for the Regent Quest?"
Kinaed claims Temi, "I didn't understand the question."
Kinaed nods at Vanessa Collins.
Temi asks Kinaed, "You can set the target audience to the thieves and oust the poet laudate without them having any clue what's going on?"
Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Is there a limit to how frequently a given pc can use it? Don't see a mention."
Kinaed states, "If you're in the guild, your approval/disapproval action will have a higher impact "
Kinaed says Zeita von Zarrova, "1x weekly per target."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "So say you don't like steve and steve is the leader of the butchers guild"
Kinaed says, "One thing worries me that I haven't quite reaolved."
Aios says, "That jerk Steve."
Nedyra already fired Steve twice. What gives?
Kinaed listens to Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban questions, "You'd make an IC event like.. suddenly there is a food poisoning epidemic and the butchers guild is cast in a poor light as suddenly the bakers guild starts importing meat and making their own poison-free pies?"
Kinaed nods at Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "I'm kind of confused what kind of events you can tie to these approvals and disapprovals and make sense"
Kinaed claims, "Pretty much."
Nedyra says Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "That's partly why it goes to staff for approval first."
Temi says, "Anything you can do to actually influence it. It could be rumors, or doing something."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Yeah maybe my imagination is not configured for this kind of thinking"
Zeita von Zarrova wonders Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "I think they're to represent broader movements than just an individual pc. Is that correct?"
Temi finishs abruptly, "If you guys were around for the regency bids - same sort of system idea"
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes asks, "I would like to restate Temi's question. Can you make an event that targets one GL (i.e. Poet Laudate) only available to another guild (i.e Physicians) to get them ousted?"
Vanessa Collins states, "What concerns me, which I think Temi is getting at, is that if the audience limited to a certain guild, a totally unrelated guild could be destroying a different guild's reputation without that guild or GLs knowing. What she just said ^"
Kinaed claims, "Well, it'd go in a staff queue for review. We check 3 th8ngs: Does the posting player have the ability/position ICly to make the event happen. We'll know who has given them IP to assume association. Second, would the even have the effect, and third would the event generally have that magnitude. Rejections would say why, so the player can adjust and resubmit."
Donal states, "I wasn't. But I get the idea. It would be cool, if you could circulate a rumor within guild. TO have it gain impetus and influence. And then. The guild as a whole releases the rumor."
Kinaed states, "Well, it was asked that members of a guild be able to keep the fight "in guild"."
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed says, "I don't mind removing that and forcing them all to be public."
Zeita von Zarrova asks, "I presume it is only for the related guild though?"
Nedyra nods at Zeita von Zarrova.
Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.
Temi states, "My thought is.. merchants should be able to post only to merchants for ousting their own guild, keeping it in house."
Vanessa Collins says, "Alright, but then, if it involves the Thieves GL, it should either be within the Brotherhood or for everyone. Not the court or the merchants, for example."
Nedyra states, "If you're not in the affected guild, you can't make the event post guild only."
Donal questions, "So, you'd spread the rumor inside a guild? Like a quiet, internal struggle for power?"
Kinaed says, "I can clarify the point in any direction. "
Temi nods.
Kinaed nods at Donal.
Temi states, "But whatever happens, the GL in question should be part of the target audience."
Kinaed states, "Which gets to my unresolved concern.."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes muses, "And that is?"
Kinaed states, "I'm concerned that someone will hit someone else for 80 pts and oust them in one blow."
Temi says, "Maybe a maximum of 50% in one hit? Can only take one hit if they're already below approved."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims, "Wipe IP from the start. If someone
Nedyra wonders, "If IP is being reset every week, are there enough currently active players to even get someone's influce that high?"
Nedyra claims, "Influence, even."
Kinaed says, "Yeah, it may be fine. I'm just concerned to make sure we consider that impact."
Vanessa Collins questions, "Yes. That absolutely concerns me to. Some people (who shall not be named) have a lot of power. But is it fair for a GL, well liked in their own guild and in the general public, to be ousted by a single man or woman with a grudge?"
Nedyra states, "If your system is implemented in full, my impression is there'll be no more characters sitting on 75 influence by themselves anymore."
Temi states, "It can't be a single man or woman with this system. You'd have to have other people contributing to you."
Nedyra states, "So I'm not sure that's something to be immediately, majorly concerned about."
Donal says, "Like a vote of confidence. Or, lack of."
Kinaed questions Vanessa Collins, "I wouldn't imagine with the new method if IP calc that those players will be ousting a GL so easily, but maybe if they've ICly built up the power to do so... they should be able to?"
Zeita von Zarrova claims Nedyra, "That makes my 73 IP character very sad.. but she'll live. :)"
Kinaed comforts Zeita von Zarrova.
Vanessa Collins says, "Alright. It just concerns me, as a general principle."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims Zeita von Zarrova, "I died with a full 80 IP in me."
Kinaed trails off, "Also should not that I believe the "implement the support expiry" note would be Az's update if he were here..."
Kinaed asks Temi, "Can you find Support Expiry to post up?"
Kinaed states, "Think it's on the completed board "
Zeita von Zarrova queries, "Could we make it take an IC week for any 'ousted' gl to complete, to make sure that everyone with input on the subject gets a chance to do so?"
Kinaed says, "That's a possibility."
Temi has moved the note Fwd: Support Expiry (Edited by Azarial) (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Kinaed) (Edited by Kinaed) (Original author: Kinaed), by Temi, to the General board.
Kinaed queries, "Would anyone else agree?"
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says, "That would give the GL a chance to rally their own supporters to counter the attempt."
Kinaed nods at a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes.
Kinaed states, "Happy to add that.. a delayed Ousting "
Vanessa Collins claims, "I think that's a great idea."
Cosmas of Thorison claims, "I kinda think a vote would be nice in addition to the delayed ousting."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban queries, "Is it currently easier or harder to oust a guildleader?"
Kinaed says, "Okay, so that's what I did last week."
Kinaed states Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Easier, I think "
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "I think that the guild involved should have the most effect in deciding something like that, or direct superiors"
Temi states, "It will be more flexible."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks questions, "Sorry if this was already covered. Does all this remove a guild's ability to essentially auto-remove a GL under certain circumstances?"
Vanessa Collins claims, "And also adds for great RP, if the GL knows their demise is eminent. My mind immediately goes to the post-flood disaster mass."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "I believe it is rather hard to oust a GL, since it is highly reliant upon rumors which very few use and activity."
Kinaed nods at a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes.
Nedyra claims a fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks, "It shouldn't, no. Most of those don't rely on approval so much."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks nods at Nedyra.
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "That looks weird."
Kinaed says, "I think the biggest barrier now is how some chars feel about rumors”
Nedyra nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed says, "But I still think it's easier atm."
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "I keep seeing that 'Person claims person' when speaking."
Donal claims, "I think at times, a Guild Leader should be able to be deposed if he does the wrong thing. No matter his thoughts on the matter. For instance. That whole Clippers debacle springs to mind."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "I don't think its neccessarily a good thing for it to occur in rumours"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Most of the time my characters don't have an opinion either way and I feel sad"
Kinaed queries Squire Lakali von Lorien, "I'm not following you. Is it a bug?"
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "It looks like a system typo."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks states, "Oh, I see it."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "But if they were interior-rumours with the people who matter it might be more relevant"
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks nods at Squire Lakali von Lorien.
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "I saw it recently in RP and it was awkward."
Temi claims, "I think Az has seen it and commented on it and was planning to get to it, but feel free to post a bug report."
Vanessa Collins states, "A two-thirds vote of disapproval or something similar from within the guild should be able to get a GL disposed, regardless of how much support they have outside it."
Kinaed muses a fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks and Squire Lakali von Lorien, "Log it and bug it?"
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "I have more bugs I can mention but I'll save that for reports, maybe."
Nedyra claims, "The only problem with rumors is you can only hit them once with your character, even. So in that respect, unless you 1: know people who know people or 2: feel like violating policy, you're not actually ousting people with the rumor system."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Yeah, I agree olive eyed woman with tight sepia curls."
Kinaed says Vanessa Collins, "I could easily see that as being an event post."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "It should be, ultimately, the guild that fires the kill shot"
Vanessa Collins states, "I'm with Deimetes."
Nedyra says Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "The guild would have the most impact, in theory, with the new system."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban queries, "Cause imagine if Deimetes got ousted cause people were angry that beronica was cleansed? It'd make no sense"
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "I don't think that's necessarily true personally."
Cosmas of Thorison nods in agreement with Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban.
Zeita von Zarrova wonders, "Otherwise, couldn't the guild just put them back in place, if they weren't on board?"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "But if the cardinal was angry, then it would"
Nedyra says, "Guild support/disapproval will always, I think, outweigh everyone else."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks states, "I think it would, personally, but that's a specific example. I'm generally in agreement that a guild should be able to take care of its own. One way or the other."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks draws a line across her throat.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "Someones been watching the dictator"
A massive man with a peg leg states Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "You're safe anyway, the two GLs in the support list are the Cardinal and Earl Marshall. But the point makes sense."
Donal claims, "I think that could be wrong. I think a guild should have the MAJORITY of the impact. But not always the deciding vote. "
Vanessa Collins claims, "I'm more looking at the other side of that, Kinaed. No matter how much the general public likes a person, if their guild hates them, that should be that."
Kinaed says, "Remember, PCs aren't the only guild members too. But some people even GLs ought not to mess with. I could see the regent ousting a GL."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "I agree with that"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "If it makes sense for direct superiors to say 'oi, you are a jerk steve the butcher'"
Nedyra claims, "If half the guild's up in arms and wanting the leader gone, and only a few from outside it want him to stay, odds are pretty good he's gone."
Donal states, "If the Merchants guild decided they took umbrage with the leader of a different Guild, and then they created a sort of embargo and were backed by another guild. They should be able to depose a third party guild."
Temi claims, "And remember, things go through staff approvals. We aren't going to approve things that suggest NPCs with attitudes counter to theme."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "But not for moe the one legged alcoholic in the almshouse who convinces his cribbage club to oust steve for selling him a dodgy pie"
Cosmas of Thorison queries, "I don't know if this was mentioned already or not, but what if at the ousted stage, there was a guild-wide vote to see if he's ousted or not?"
Vanessa Collins says, "I like that idea, Cosmas."
Kinaed states, "I don't necessarily. in a broad sense, yes, but in a specific sense, no. That said, influence calcs take into accou t if it's a guild member making the statement or not, and how much support that guild member has from within the guild "
Nedyra claims Donal, "Heh. the merchants have other ways of kicking guilds in the teeth IC."
Nedyra grins.
Vanessa Collins wonders, "But what if, hypothetically, there is a GL that is supported by nobles, fellow GL's and higher-ups. Should they still be in power is their guild dislikes them?"
Zeita von Zarrova says, "Just to comment- enjoying the discussion, but I think there were other items on the agenda still, and we're running low on time."
Temi states, "Guildleaders have power outside of their guilds. They cannot do their jobs without some external support."
Temi nods.
Donal nods at Zeita von Zarrova.
Kinaed claims Vanessa Collins, "I'd say yes if they have garnered that much power, though it'd be a hard and nasty thing to try to maintain."
Nedyra claims, "Which could be fun RP in and of itself if someone wanted to try it. =)"
Kinaed says, "It's important to remember this a game mechanic to represent social power, not fairness."
Kinaed claims, "And by that I mean OOC fairness to equality, viocing opinions and being heeded, etc as opposed to differing mechanics for different people. This sysfem will work the same for everyone, but it represents social inequalities."
Kinaed states, "Nobles and GLs get more IP. Support from nobles gives more IP, for example."
Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Nobles don't get more IP, do they? Gentry do."
Temi states, "They get more IP, but less support slots."
Zeita von Zarrova nods.
Kinaed claims Zeita von Zarrova, "I think you're right. I think they give more IP."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes questions, "Does wealth still give the extra IP?"
Nedyra states, "It does right now, yes."
Kinaed wonders, "We have 15 minutes or so and haven't gotten to other topics. Any complaints if we extend the meeting? "
Vanessa Collins declaims, "Nope!"
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "I'm up for extending it, I've got all night myself."
Zeita von Zarrova will step out in 15 minutes.
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "Maybe."
Temi states, "I'll be available."
Kinaed says, "And in the name of time, I think we should move on to Temi's update "
Temi nods.
Guard Collins grins "It's been interesting."
Kinaed states, "I think we'll extend it a bit."
Temi says, "Not a huge amount of progress this week, but I did get all the success/failure messages in for tailoring for wool and light cloth."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Squire Lakali von Lorien gives Rain a pet cat/.
Temi says, "Should be able to make it through the ones for silk and velvet today."
Temi says, "Other than that, just helping folks out with RPA stuff."
Kinaed nods.
Temi states, "That still leaves threaded messaging and result objects for tailoring before I can release it, by the way."
Temi states, "And that's it for me."
Temi nods.
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says, "I still wish my RPA was doable earlier in the week."
Kinaed claims Nedyra, "You're up."
Nedyra claims, "Plenty of interest in the auction. Really wish some more of those places were going as easy as stone mountain, though."
Nedyra states, "The auction's on until 5/23."
Nedyra claims, "Also added something new to the real estate board. Looking is good for you."
Nedyra plugs just a bit.
Temi says, "You won't get good deals like this again soon, so if you like them, now's your chance."
Temi grins.
A massive man with a peg leg says, "I like them! Just am also broke as heck."
Zeita von Zarrova trails off, "If you need a loan... :)"
Nedyra claims, "Will be wrapping up the auction later this week, and everyone who bought will be pulled aside to be delt with for phomes purposes."
Nedyra pontificates, "That's it for me!"
Kinaed nods.
Zeita von Zarrova begins to count their money.
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes begins to count their money.
A massive man with a peg leg claims Zeita von Zarrova, "I know too much about Vandagan loan terms."
Kinaed wonders, "Okay.. playsr topics. Temi, what's first?"
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair states, "Stone Mountain Crafts -is- pretty awesome."
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair grins.
Zeita von Zarrova is nice, she only wants half of your soul.
Temi states, "Lakali wanted to talk about active guilds."
Kinaed queries Squire Lakali von Lorien, "Will you introduce us to the topic please? "
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "Oh."
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "Sure thing."
Kinaed smiles.
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "It's just, I have noticed that many have idled out/been extremely scarce, and it's put a hamper on interaction with other Guilded players, as well as finding people for interviews for the new supplicants towards Guilds, and overall it's about once every couple of days and I'll find only one available person to speak with from my guild, and sometimes the others, save of course Merchants. And we have like, no Priests really anymore."
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "I was just wondering if there was a way to rectify the activity on that front."
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "Or it may be a stupid topic! Who knows."
Kinaed says, "I don't think it's stupid "
Temi nods in agreement.
Zeita von Zarrova asks, "Which guilds were you looking for for which purpose? Seeking?"
Kinaed claims, "My experience is that these things are cyclical."
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks nods in agreement with Kinaed.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "He is talking about the knights"
Guard Collins states, "Priests (having them) have been a problem for almost a year now honestly. Off and on."
Donal nods then saying. "As a new player, and being new to Guilds as well. As a whole, some aspects do seem rather stale. But. I think that's all to do with the RP. The more experienced players who have made it to higher positions are likely less willing to hand walk new players through the ropes."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "We had 3 seekers recently who've found it hard to get sponsors"
Temi claims, "And having a really active guildleader tends to help activity within the guild."
Vanessa Collins claims, "I"
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "Knights have been scarce, and also I've only seen maybe two Reeves out at most and even they can be scarve."
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "Scarce*"
Vanessa Collins claims, "I'm apping in to the Order on an alt, seeking seemed very difficult. People just don't seem very active in either the Knights or the Clergy. But I hope to help remedy that."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "People also seem afraid of the Inquisitor role because of the attached OOC dramas that happen"
Kinaed wonders, "That's unfortunate. Is it originating with the GLs?"
Temi claims, "The number of sponsors required is related to the number of active members."
Zeita von Zarrova says Vanessa Collins, "You play an Orderite very well, looking forward to that. :)"
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "True, but even then the scarce players sometimes log on just enough to not idle out."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Its not the GLs, Cambrea is very active and Misune is also"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "And carmen and me"
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "But not to also do the interviews."
Donal states, "It could be helpful, if I may add this. For their to be a Guild quartermaster, or someone that an IMM could control and make requests for the new players. Or, to answer questions."
Vanessa Collins states, "Thanks, Zeita :) I've missed playing one"
Kinaed asks, "I'm not sure why they're having these problems if the 4 GLs are active. Do they just not know to to ICly find you?"
Temi wonders, "Have those who has problems getting sponsors tried mailing to active members?"
Kinaed states, "That's directed to Diemetes."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "I don't think we can give them sponsors"
Zeita von Zarrova says, "Well, gls can't sponsor."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "I did try to sponsor one "
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "And I have met all of them as deimetes"
Vanessa Collins declaims, "The GLs seem active. It's less the leaders and more the active members. And yes, Deimetes did try!"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "And some as marcellus"
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "It requires IP of Corban, I think."
Kinaed says, "You don't need sponsors to guild when there is no one active except the GLs though."
Guard Collins claims, "I'm fairly sure that GL's count toward the active players. And with the orders triple/quadra gl wierdness."
Kinaed says, "You can just guild them outright."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban queries, "Oh really?"
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes states, "Which makes me wonder with the new system going in on how feasible it will be for a GL to sponsor someone into their own guild."
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "Well, we have people which are struggling to find their third sponsorship on occassion."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Well by what Kinaed says if the GL thinks you're good, and you're having trouble getting sponsors, maybe they can give some kind of task or test and then use that as an alternative"
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "Besides GL's, me and another are really the only ones that have been active this week I think."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims, "Plus the 'Guildlist' command does not list all the members of the guild."
Vanessa Collins claims, "I just found it difficult to find active, non-idling and willing to sponsor Order characters. There are obviously exceptions, but it still seemed hard."
Kinaed asks, "Okay, Temi, take an action item for us to review the sponsor and seek calcs with Az?"
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Donal says, "Yeah, we've had someone chasing Reeve sponsorship for maybe a week now. I think it also depends on peoples available hours."
Temi claims, "Got it."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban hammers a nail into a sign that reads 'Wanted - more Orderites!' (OOC Emote)
Guard Collins claims, "I find it odd that you guys are needing three at the moment. Reeves are about the same size at the moment (I think) but we only just started needing to get three sponsors for our newbies."
Kinaed states a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes, "It should list everyone who has not deliberately chosen to hide their affiliation "
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes questions, "We can do that?"
Nedyra states Guard Collins, "They've been fluctuation between 2 and 3."
Guard Collins says, "Something just seems a bit -off- given what I know about people who are active and orderites (not many atm)"
Nedyra claims, "Fluctuating, even."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban muses, "Well wouldn't the GL setting quests/tasks be an answer to fix the sponsor thing?"
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "We switched up with 2, and back to 3 I think when we do hire one of them."
Kinaed queries, "The problem is in Knight and Order being merged perhaps?"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "And then in more active periods let the sponsors work as they should.
Donal claims, "I only required two. But I don't even know how many people are in the Guild. The rankings board hasn't been updated in forever."
Guard Collins claims, "We're up to three Donal"
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "We have few Orderites either way Kinaed."
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "Heh."
Guard Collins states, "The last seeker was looking for a a third"
Donal says, "I'm aware."
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes states Donal, "Use 'census'"
Vanessa Collins says, "The guildlist for seekers doesn't list Cambrea as a member."
Squire Lakali von Lorien says, "I asked about being a dual-Priest/Knight, but can't do it. :/"
Guard Collins nods to Donal
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Well, we had problems in the past with GLs hiring their cronies into roles above the heads of their current members, but that was before the influence and GL Barometer came in."
Nedyra claims Vanessa Collins, "Cambrea may not be public."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban wonders, "Would making a seeker into a page/acolyte qualify as cronyism?"
Kinaed says, "May be worth reexamining now that players have a powerful tool to keep GLs on their toes."
Zeita von Zarrova holds up a sign that says, 'Crony for hire'.
Donal nods to Guard Collins. "Thank you."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Maybe an inversion for the system whereby members can vote -against- a seeker"
Nedyra hires Zeita.
Vanessa Collins mentions to Squire Lakali von Lorien, "Being judge, jury and executioner is usually frowned upon :)"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "If they have any objections"
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair states, "I believe your number of sponsors required is whatever number was required when you started seeking, not the current required number at any given time. So if you started seeking during an active week and things slow down, could be troublesome."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "Like marriage banns"
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair claims, "I'm not sure if that was changed or not."
Nedyra says a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair, "That was apparently changed."
Temi questions Kinaed, "Did we want to go on to Deimetes' topic now?"
Squire Lakali von Lorien wonders, "Priests ah, don't /have/ to be Inquisitors, Van! I think. Do they?"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "No"
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes states, "No they don't"
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Depends on the situation. If the seeker were your OOC friend and an existing peron in the guild who had been around for months trying to get that role was skipped over for the buddy of the GL, I'd question it. But if there were cnotrs and a good IC explanation, possibly not."
Donal muses, "How do you climb the ranks in a guild? The Guild Leader chooses to promote?"
Vanessa Collins states, "No, they don't"
Guard Collins claims, "They don't. But oftentimes they end up helping with the inquisition in some way"
Squire Lakali von Lorien claims, "Ah."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "Its an extra set of special vows on top of priestly vows"
Guard Collins states, "Iain became more or less a de-facto inquisitor for example"
Zeita von Zarrova claims Donal, "Or you convince him to. :)"
A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]
Squire Lakali von Lorien states, "I like the concept, but I only actually plany one character at a time."
Donal grins at Zeita von Zarrova.
A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes hugs a lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair.
Kinaed claims, "Okay, on Lakali's topic, we will review seeking requirements and maybe put up a joining a guild FAQ so ewhere to set up expectations and what to do when things are slow, etc."
Kinaed asks Temi, "Next topic?"
Temi says, "Deimetes wants to talk about an extra-player economy."
Vanessa Collins asks, "Didn't we try to implement or try out something like that?"
Vanessa Collins asks, "Some time ago?"
A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair hugs a young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes back.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "So yeah, the biggest concern I can see in having something like that is affecting pc to pc trading and the general lithmore economy"
Kinaed says Vanessa Collins, "Sort of "
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "So I would propose that it use product or objects that are not part of that"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "That are exclusive to the system itself and so its peoples money and influence points that are being used, maybe influence points in a sort of way to do with haggling or something"
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Yes, we don't have an automatrd syatem for buying/selling with PCs because farming can get insane and broken, destrying the actual ecoby balance."
Kinaed says, "Wow, mobile phone just went crazy "
Temi claims, "Eep"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Yes so what I was thinking"
Donal states, "Yeah, it seems something that would promote grinding as well."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "It could be related to other parts of the kingdom and have a sort of effect on trading with npc region"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban states, "I saw alphos talking about trade in someones barony or whatever and it stuck in my head"
Kinaed states, "Anyway, I am not ready to implement individual selling of items to PCs, but we do have plans on the books for ways players can affect overall prices and market conditions."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "What if you could ACTUALLY see the state of the economy and be invested in it"
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Also as a smuggler "
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "Being able to smuggle would be good"
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "Yep, a market concept like a stock system is what I've been turning around in my mind."
Nedyra says, "That would be awesome."
Kinaed claims Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban, "They do with RPA atm, but that's limited."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "Yeah, there is room for the southside and thieves guild to undercut the merchants with bootleg goods or shoddy silk products"
Zeita von Zarrova is buying up the pineapple futures.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban says, "Or watered down rum"
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks grins at Zeita von Zarrova.
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban claims, "I dunno, I'm making it sound less quality but just for example sake. No reason smugglers couldn't trade in good quality stuff too"
Kinaed claims, "I think this topic is firmly within our sights, but we're percolating on it still."
Grand Inquisitor Deimetes ab Corban nods.
Kinaed questions Temi, "Did we have more player topics to review?"
Vanessa Collins states, "I think that, overall, stuff like that is too complicated to feasibly implement in game. But I -would- like, maybe once every few weeks, an IC board post explaining the Realm's economy and political status. Kind of like a quick events bulletin that allows for RP if it applies. Say maybe 'there was a diplomacy failure in Vandago that's been putting strains on relationships with Lithmore. Due to that, it is harder to get raw iron and stone for masonry.' Then prices are adjusted a accordingly, for maybe 5 days or a week, and perhaps, if someone has a smith character or a high-up Vandagan gentry or noble, it effects how they RP."
Temi claims, "Nope, that's my list."
Vanessa Collins says OOCly, "Sorry for how long that is >.<"
Temi says, "Though we didn't do a player heartbeat."
Kinaed states, "It may be hard on staff to do something like that, but we can certainly discuss it "
Kinaed wonders Temi, "Mind posting any action items/notes out of this on the staff board?"
Temi claims, "Sure."
Zeita von Zarrova says Vanessa Collins, "It would be nice if that sort of thing could be randomly generated somehow. Just put a slew of different possibilities/reasons/location impacted and roll it every few weeks."
A massive man with a peg leg nods at Zeita von Zarrova.
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks nods.
Zeita von Zarrova says, "It would be nice to feel as if the kingdom is 'breathing'."
Kinaed says, "We intended to do that through the domain games system."
Vanessa Collins says, "Long story short, non-local events that can effect the game's RP. I would, frankly, be willing to help with things if it would be hard on staff. It would just be great to have changes, from week to week, month to month, in the game."
Temi says, "I can see if I could put something together. Figuring out what might happen would be relatively easy but harder to write something up."
Zeita von Zarrova states, "I may put a proposal together through Hera."
Kinaed claims, "But that has lagged with a bit of strategic change in track "
Nedyra claims, "I'd be open to giving things the occasional tweak with the right IC justification for it."
Vanessa Collins says, "Even if it's just a sporadic IC board post that people can just take or leave for RP."
Kinaed nodes at Temi, Vanessa Collins, and Zeita von Zarrova at once. Impressive
Kinaed states, "Okay, we're 15 minutes over. Out of player topics... sorry my first one hogged most of everyone's time."
Kinaed says, "I have to get going, my kids are starting to focus on me. :)"
Temi grins.
A massive man with a peg leg jingles his keys.
Temi says, "Okay. We can call it then, folks."

Dice

Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Guys, I've been getting a tremendous amount of flak OOCly for my attempt to oust Alphos, and it's beginning to wear on me. Even in this meeting when I wasn't there, it seems like there are negative comments being made about me treating this as a single person's grudge match. I'm already discouraged enough it's unlikely I'm going to carry through with this line of RP - discouraged by negative OOC attention, misjudgments of my position and actions, and constant snarky comments about the rumors used (when it is the only way, in fact, to remove a GL).

I understand people are upset at the attempt to remove an active GL. I would ask that upset be kept ICly and dealt with in IC matters. That said, I want to clarify one central point:

This is not the work of a single person outside of a guild trying to oust its leader without guild support. There are multiple PCs within that guild backing my attempt; more and more joined on as it continued. At the time of the last attempt, I feel confident in saying I believe I had more merchants supporting my attempt than working against it. Those PCs are merely keeping quiet about it on an IC and OOC level to avoid blowback, which is why I'm going to avoid naming any names.

Please don't paint me as a single person working alone with an unfair amount of influence to oust a GL who is nothing but loved by his own guild members. This effort never would have gotten so far without the support of multiple guild members.

(Not that I don't love you, Alphos. The IC side of this all has been exceedingly fun! It's the OOC side that, sadly, has not.)

• Information