Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat May 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have a topic they want to add to the agenda and make sure we talk about it?"

Katarina states Beronica, "Maybe I can get it this week."

Samantha should clarify that was at kinaed not a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair.. "I got nothing to add topic wise."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Rain nods at a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair.

Rain drinks ale from a clay mug shaped like a shaggy bison.

October has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi gives a clay mug shaped like a shaggy bison to October.

Kinaed says, "Okay, with no one speaking up to add to the agenda, I'll start with the update."

Kinaed states, "I've spent the last week logging in to read notes, validating requests, and pretty much nothing else. I did pop up a reminder to nobles to act."

Kinaed states, "It looks like we're axing the following nobles: Ivana, Gavin, Kiyarin, Kaerrick."

Katarina nods.

Kinaed says, "Then we will open applications for 5 new nobles."

Samantha seems to consider "Ivana.. dang forgot they were even around..

Katarina states Samantha, "Maybe there'll be a husband for you."

Katarina grins at Samantha.

Zeita states, "Or two."

Temi claims, "Ivana was already gone, i think."

Beronica states, "One who actually stays around."

Samantha looks to Katarina "No ic marriage is safe with any character of mine.. all of them end up dying or similar..

Katarina states, "Clearly I have that 'staying around' problem too- given my IC hubs is getting axed."

Beronica claims, "I think Ivana and Kiyarin were made for the Regent quest and fell under the ruling from that."

Enid says, "They were allowed to stay around but quit hanging around.."

Kinaed says Temi, "I'd hope all of the nobles we're axing are no longer around... Kaerrick excepting, he hasn't been in RP, so I'm not sure why he's even bothering to log into TI."

Temi claims, "I mean, Ivana was not a winner in the regency thing. That was Kiana and Kiyarin. Kiana who we're keeping."

Kinaed says, "Kiyarin, at least, was allowed to keep the char. Ivana probably should have been axed then, and we missed her."

Temi nods.

Beronica says, "Probably for the community when he has a chance to get involved here, which is a lot of what makes this Mud great."

Samantha shrugs to Kinaed "Question of the century... And yeah ivana wasn't part of the regent quest thing.. at least not that i am aware of."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, I feel bad about it, because I can see him on the who list, but it's not like we didn't put up plenty of warning."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed claims Samantha, "A moot point since she's not active at purge time, regardless."

Samantha shrugs once again "You can only do so much.. you gave plenty of warning in regards to the noble purging

Katarina states, "I've heard from him once oocly in three weeks, one ic interaction that lasted 10 mins."

Katarina shrugs.

Kinaed nods at Katarina.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, that's my update. Temi?"

Temi nods.

Samantha nods to Katarina "Similar scenario on misune."

Katarina smiles at Samantha.

Temi states, "I've been working further on tailoring. I've now put their material needs in on all of the recipes and the tools they will need."

Temi claims, "Though was still wavering on whether shears should be needed in more places... but I think I'm pretty good with how things are now."

Beronica says to Katarina "So how would you like for your husband to die?" She waggles her eyebrows a bit.

Temi says, "So, next is to start on all of that messaging for aaalll of those tailoring recipes.. and that'll take a bit."

Kinaed asks Temi, "For tailors, we're giving the options to tailor a whole outfit at once, right? And then single objects also?"

Samantha seems to consider something "Shears.. wouldn't that just require them getting wool or would the shears be an actual part of the recipe?"

Katarina smirk at Beronica.

Temi exclaims Kinaed, "Yep!"

Temi states, "Shears are serving as scissors."

Temi says, "If you want to check out craft_ weaving, you can see all the recipes."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "I will note that they are all marked as unknown so you can't actually mke them yet."

Temi claims, "I'll remove the unknown when they're ready for use, and we'll give it its own command then."

Kinaed queries, "When we go to replace this craft, can we rename it to tailoring?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Thanks."

Temi claims, "I'd like to."

Samantha muses, "Oh.. hmm interesting. yeah when i imagine shears i guess i kind of imagine bigger scissors.. also having played only one tailor in the past may i put my input in regarding the outfit question?"

Kinaed states Samantha, "Of course."

Temi states, "Shears were already in for leatherworking, so I didn't want to duplicate with something else."

Samantha says, "When you say a whole outfit at once i assume it can still be tooled individually at parts>"

Kinaed says, "As far as I recall, shears and scissors are a synonym, regardless of size."

Temi says, "Crafting makes the items, they are still toolable afterwards."

Kinaed claims Samantha, "I'm not expecting an alteration to tool."

Temi states, "So you'd just get three to sevenish new items that are all toolable at once."

Temi says, "I also put in dyeing. Those are only for cardinal red and tubori purple. Any other dye colors can just be assumed."

Katarina wishes she could make clothes.

Samantha nods to Kinaed and Temi "Ah for some odd reason i was assuming by tailoring a whole outfit that it would be one whole item instead of individuals

Temi says, "Nope, it's just a shortcut for the tailors and able to be a bit more time and cost efficient."

Kinaed queries, "I'd like for all other colors that a dying step is involved, but just use an object like 'a common dye'?"

Kinaed claims, "And let the color be assumed."

Kinaed smiles at Samantha.

Rain wonders, "Versus assuming the cloth is already dyed the appropriate color?"

Kinaed nods at Rain.

Kinaed states, "At least in recipes where the player is making the cloth themselves."

Temi states, "Engh, I can adjust a bit for something similar."

Temi states, "Anyways, that was my week."

Kinaed says, "The recipes that use completed cloth can assume color."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Thanks."

Kinaed muses Azarial, "Az, you're up? :)"

You mutter, 'Not enough cardinal red or tubori purple'

Temi claims, "All recipes use completed cloth except the recipes to make cloth. But I'll put dye in the making cloth step."

Kinaed states, "Flagged AFK still."

Kinaed claims Temi, "That'd make me quite happy."

Nedyra says, "He said he wouldn't be at the meeting."

Kinaed states, "Ahh, good, thanks for letting me know."

Enid smiles.

Kinaed states Enid, "You're up."

Enid states, "Well, ok."

Enid claims, "I've finished the Vandagan Quarter, I think. It still needs a look over for approval. Help Nedyra learn a few things and once I am done with the Quarter I am going to take over woodworking."

Kinaed cheers, "Awesome, Enid!"

Kinaed queries Enid, "Were you planning a release event, or just going to open it to players without fanfare?"

Samantha high-fives enid or attempts to

Beronica jumps up and hugs Enid spilling her wassail all over them.

Enid says, "I didn't receive any player suggestions after having asked for them so you guys will have to live with it. *grins* I was willing to just release it and then have an event at a later time, maybe? My schedule is iffy."

Zeita questions, "I can do a release event IC if you like?"

Enid says, "There is space for Phomes and Pshops, too."

Nedyra is already plotting.

Kinaed claims Zeita, "That's a lovely offer - and I'm happy for that if you are."

Kinaed wonders Nedyra, "Or did you want to do an event?"

Zeita claims, "Will touch base with Enid later. :)"

Enid claims Kinaed, "Zeita will have it all smelling like perfumes"

Kinaed questions, "Maybe the three of you can get together? (She might not mean with Zeita) :)"
Enid grins.

Nedyra claims, "Nope, I'll let the players handle it. But I can backup if needed."

Nedyra grins.

Temi nods.

Enid states, "That's it for me, by the way."

Temi claims, "You can have the access to event support help as always."

Kinaed claims, "Okay. For what it's worth, I think I suggested gladiator games as an opening event since we have the Colosseum. "

Enid nods at Kinaed.

Samantha looks at Zeita "Your new name shall be Smelly one and when i see you I shall say 'Oh smelly one what does thou smell today?'

Kinaed waits for Zeita to bop Samantha before moving on.

Zeita bops Samantha right on time.

Beronica starts singing the Smelly Cat song to Zeita

Nedyra whaps Samantha across the nose with a rolled up newspaper on Zeita's behalf.

Kinaed asks, "Nedyra, it's your turn. What did you do last week, and what do you plan next week?"

Samantha hisses at all the whapping and bopping while joining in with Beronica

Beronica drinks ale from a clay mug shaped like a shaggy bison.

Nedyra states, "Last week was mostly phoming the everloving heck out of the place. Well, and following Zeita around with the typo mop."

Nedyra claims, "You guys are amazing with room descs. Just saying."

Nedyra asks, "Also: real estate office got some love. New places to buy. Buy 'em. Please?"

Kinaed queries, "You mean the quality of the room descs, or the ability to catch typos in our pbase? :)"

Enid claims, "Probably both. hah"

Nedyra questions Kinaed, "Pick one?"

Kinaed grins.

Beronica drinks ale from a clay mug shaped like a shaggy bison.

Nedyra claims, "I've got all manner of plans for this week. Some of them might very well come and shake hands with yall IC."

Nedyra says, "Including a possible team effort with miss Enid over here."

Nedyra claims, "That's... all I'm saying here. But be watching."

Kinaed queries, "Sounds exciting. Any more details you're willing to give, or is it all hush hush secret stuff?"

Kinaed says, "I type slowly. :)"

Kinaed states, "Hush hush secret stuff it is."

Nedyra spikes the floor over Kinaed's head. "Oops."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, does that conclude your update Nedyra?"

Nedyra states, "It does."

Kinaed muses, "I think that wraps up staff updates. On to player heartbeat: How has the RP been in the last week? Anything the staff can or should do to help out?"

October says, "I should be getting back into the grove after a few hiccups and classes. "

Kinaed smiles at October.

Samantha gets all excited and starts holding up her hand while squirming "oh oh! i have something to bring up in player topics... and rp for me what little I have had has been great.. some... conflict and some good old wuvingful rp."

Kinaed states, "We noted a drop in activity this week that we're attributing to finals."

Samantha trails off, "Also glad to have gotten moved out of my old place... i forgot what a warm shower felt like"

Kinaed says, "That said, I'm looking to doing another advertising campaign."

Samantha looks up at Kinaed "Oh really now? I am intrigued... afterall i had fun doing those banners..

Beronica carefully stays away from said banners.

Nedyra hngs one right over Beronica's head.

Nedyra states, "Hangs, too."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, Nedyra was a staff member on another game some time ago - not sure how much of his history is hush hush - and they had an advertising plan that really worked well, so he's offered to dig it up for us to examine and perhaps reuse."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair claims, "RP has been great for me, but could I request a global echo to announce future OOC meetings? It's kind of essential to my RP happiness that the optional OOC and visnet channels remain toggled off most of the time."

Beronica claims, "But I do have a few thoughts myself that I would like to bring up."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair has missed 3-4 meetings due to not knowing they were occurring. Kind of embarrassing, actually.

Kinaed states a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair, "Sure, we'd be happy to do that. It's common sense, and we just didn't think of it."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair exclaims, "Thank youuuu!"

Samantha looks to Nedyra in a whole new light "Gasp.. the sole man in a staff of women.. you must feel special.. honestly thought you had followed the trend.." smirks

Beronica pulls out a flame thrower and burns the banner to ash.

A young, red-haired man. has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A young, red-haired man. waves

Kinaed says, "I heard gender variety is good for any operation, so have been hunting male staffers for some time."

Kinaed grins.

Rain drinks cider from a massive cask of spiced hot wassail for New Year's.

Kinaed says, "Everyone, let's welcome Chaff - new player."

Temi gives a clay mug shaped like a shaggy bison to a young, red-haired man..

Nedyra sets off fireworks.

Zeita wonders, "Maybe that is the problem, try less bow-and-arrow hunting?"

Temi declares, "Welcome!"

Rain declaims a young, red-haired man., "Welcome!"

Kinaed grins at Zeita.

Katarina is idle.

Beronica states Kinaed, "I hear that tasers work well."

Zeita states, "Although your trophy room has some awesome heads lately."

Beronica trails off a young, red-haired man., "You rub me the wrong way for a reason..."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so we've covered staff updates, and we've discussed how RP was this last week - final agenda item: Player Topics. What's on your minds? We have about 25 minutes to talk about... anything you guys want."

Beronica claims, "Oh, wait. I just need some ointment for that."

Beronica raises her hand.

Kinaed says, "Or we can just socialize."

Temi queries Samantha, "You had a topic?"

Kinaed questions Beronica, "Yes, ma'am?"

Samantha howdy chaff.. and what do they know.. afterall been a female staff here for awhile and the game hasn't gone to heck.. yet. and yeah i did have a topic temi

A young, red-haired man. frowns "Not Chafe... CHAAAAFF with a short A sound."

Beronica wonders, "Is there a way that we can do batches for things like concoctions and foods?"

Temi queries, "You mean making more at once?"

Beronica nods at Temi.

Kinaed says a young, red-haired man., "Sorry about that misinterpretation, mate."

Rain claims a young, red-haired man., "As in separate the wheat from"

Samantha looks to a young, red-haired man. "Since all i imagine is chef from south park when i think your name that is what you shall be." looks at the sky defiantly as if she really has any say in the matter

Temi states, "Well... we -could-... but not without new code or goign through and making recipes to do them in bulk."

A young, red-haired man. frowns "Yes as in... separates the wheat from..." Begins to feel foolish.

Kinaed comforts a young, red-haired man..

A young, red-haired man. cries softly to himself.

Temi wonders, "I don't think I'd be inclined to do new recipes unless there's a good argument people really need this?"

Beronica nods her head again towards Temi. "If you have to make new code about it then don't worry about it. The only other thing I can remember is if we can make moods permanent as a default make them temporary as an option.

Zeita questions, "Since it would need to be recipe by recipe, I can't see it being worth Temi's time to go through and make bulks- unless there are particular recipes that need it more?"

Samantha considers a bit "You know batch recipes would make sense.. but that would be alot of new recipes to add.

Kinaed states, "I think re: moods that we're best just requiring people specify a time rather than a default."

Samantha looks to Kinaed "Wait what was this regarding moods?"

Kinaed questions, "Is it a problem that the basic recipes aren't outputting enough, or?"

Kinaed claims, "Beronica raised the moods question."

Beronica says, "Just thinking about a time saver. The batches could cost more energy and be at a little higher skill than the basic recipe."

Beronica claims, "Only reason I bring this up is because of the last break-in in my house. The perps set up temporary moods so they were all cleared by the time I actually got back to my house. I would not have known it was broken into if another character did not mention something to me.""

Temi claims, "I think we do need to do something about people using temporary moods for break-ins. I think it's mostly just people not being aware."

Nedyra asks, "Isn't there a policy thing re: that?"

Enid has lost link.

Rain claims, "I've had that happen to me too, and thought about asking for a help file specifying that they need to use permanent moods."

Rain claims, "But I didn't get far enough along on the thought to check if that's already in place."

Samantha desperatly scrolls back trying to find the question

Beronica claims Nedyra, "They have to set up moods, but they forget to put in permanent moods instead of temp ones."

Kinaed states, "I think better is just forcing that the command has a time choice in it. Then people will perm what should be permmed and temp what should be temped."

Temi claims, "The policy is for permanent ones, but it's an easy mistake to make, especially newbies."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "The default one just leaves tricky problems."

Beronica says, "That would solve a number of those problems."

Kinaed states, "Okay, just to be clear and not drop any balls - request for bulked cooking recipes is at this time a no due to the workload, but we can re-examine it later when we get a few higher priority items knocked off. With moods, we will look to make a change that the mood command will require a specification of temp or permanent when entering the editor."

Beronica nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Does that sound like where we got to? We just were talking about two items at once."

Nedyra says, "Sounds about right by my ear, Kin."

Rain nods.

Beronica states, "Same here."

Temi says, "And I would be willing to take requests for specific recipes that need to be done in larger amounts for some reason."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Temi."

Samantha seems to consider something "Hey random idea here regarding the bulk thing

Kinaed questions, "I guess I should let players know what is going on staff priority-wise?"

Kinaed says, "Right now, we're still chugging away code-wise at forgery and mail aliases as our number one, then places code. Following that, we've got two items - one from last week's OOC Chat that I can't remember, and ranged combat."

Kinaed trails off, "We've had a bug come up that searching hidden doors out reveals them until next reboot - and since we're a persistent world and never reboot..."

Kinaed claims, "It sort of has revealed hidden doors forever."

Kinaed states, "We have a specification for secrets code - one that makes secrets remember-able in a manner similar to remember list, and then players pass on secrets to one another a bit like a virus."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair muses, "The rename and disguises stuff? Or was that the week before?"

Beronica asks, "Az's updates do not count as reboots?"

Kinaed claims, "So the importance of that has risen a bit with this bug, but we may just patch the bug to repop a zone once every hour or something instead."

Samantha claims, "What about instead of making individual recipes for bulk what about implementing the code where you can buy multiple items from a shop but warping it a bit where you can make multiple items? For example concoct 23*5 for example... oh rememberale secrets.. neato"

Kinaed exclaims a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair, "That was it!"

Kinaed states, "Disguises are a precursor to fully IC-processed renames, so disguise is definitely up there too."

Nedyra states, "Az's updates count as reboots, but it can vary in how often that happens depending on what he's working on."

Kinaed says Samantha, "I like that suggestion - I'll ask Az about it since there's no way to know the viability of the suggestion without him."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, that's everything that's floating around in staff world."

Kinaed trails off, "One thing I'd like to raise..."

Beronica tilts her head a little so as to listen to Kinaed better.

Kinaed states, "We've had a lower activity rate recently due to finals (is my understanding), but along with that have been very few recommends (that I've personally seen, and I am the only staffer who should actively be removing processed recommends..)"

Kinaed states, "So please, if you have any kudos for anyone who has done a good plot turn for your lately, please don't forget to tell them so with a recommend."

Samantha seems to consider "I know last week i gave like 2 or 3..

Nedyra recommends Kinaed for being awesome. "Wait... you weren't meaning like that, were you?"

Temi has gone AFK.

Kinaed states, "No sweat - we have had a few, just ... much fewer."

Kinaed states Nedyra, "Nope, recommend command."

Nedyra claims, "Well I tried."

Samantha nods slowly to Kinaed "Also before time runs out i did have a player topic to bring up

Kinaed muses Samantha, "Absolutely - what's on your mind, Sam?"

Samantha clears her throat "Well enid brought up the real estate board and it made me wonder.. Why should players pay full price for a used home? (meaning this more rhetorical)... perhaps given the fact that the homes are used maybe there could be a more impactual reduction in price? I mean i know it is cheaper to buy a used phome but still some of them are outlandish and have been sitting on that board forever and a day

Nedyra claims, "That's part of what Enid and I will be working on, Sam."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed states, "I'll leave that in Nedyra and Enid's hands."

Samantha trails off, "Ah... well glad to know that that was on others minds as well... "

Kinaed states, "Thanks for raising it. :)"

Kinaed queries, "As we have 2 minutes left, may I request that conversation continue out-of-meeting?"

Kinaed states, "I want to thank everyone for attending, and also for the patience with the time shifts come daylight savings here in Australian time."

Samantha looks to Kinaed all serious like "I am sorry your request had been denied.. you may re-request in another minute." smirks

Nedyra whaps Samantha across the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Kinaed joins the tradition of bopping Samantha.

Samantha cringes and retreats to his corner of the world "This should be a new pasttime."

Kinaed comforts Samantha.

Kinaed claims, "We bop only with love."

Nedyra claims, "And newspapers."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, and that's a wrap. Thanks again, everyone! Trans backs are about to start, hang onto your seats!"

Kinaed grins at Nedyra.

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair exclaims, "Thanks for the meeting and updates!"

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair waves.

Beronica states, "That is what they always say before they bring out the chainsaws."

Samantha raises a hand "Hey now you can't bop someone and then comfort them.. gives mixed messages.. but really thanks for the meeting and will have the log off soonish."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed claims Samantha, "Thanks for scribing :)"
Lurks the Forums

• Information