brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: -down- ]
A large wooden cask with a corked stopper is here. (northern edge)
A sturdily-built woman with black curls is here. [App: 3]
A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard is here. [App: 2]
Nedyra is here. [App: 5]
Temi is here. [App: 5]
A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks is here. [App: 4]
A massive man with a peg leg is here. [App: 1]
Ignace dul Tresler is here. [App: 3]
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair is here. [App: 3]
Cambrea Brandt is here. [App: 2]
Azarial is here. [App: 5]

Azarial claims, "Let's see. I think there was another crash bug this week. a few assorted smaller bugs, some I need to pass up to kin."

Azarial states, "My distraction went to nine pounds."

Azarial says, "And eats about every hour or two. -_-"

Temi grins.

Temi muses, "And is doing an excellent job of the distracting?"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard begins to count their money.

Azarial states, "Good lord, yes."

Temi grins.

Temi wonders, "Anything else you want to update?"

Azarial claims, "She;s gone form the little kitten 'myah's to the fuller lustier, louder, wail."

Azarial claims, "Ummm."

Azarial says, "Prolly not going to make the numbers on census nicer. that borders on revealing too much ic ifnormation oocly."

Temi nods.

Azarial queries, "I cannot think of anything esle?"

Temi nods at Azarial.

Temi questions, "Well, we have a new addition to our staff family. Nedyra is going to help out Enid with building and he's already getting the hang of all sorts of things. Want to give people an introduction and update?"

Temi grins at Nedyra.

A massive man with a peg leg highfives Nedyra.

Nedyra ducks.

Nedyra says, "Let's see. Some of you've already seen some of my work. I'm handling a large majority of phome related things for the moment."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls exclaims, "(Thanks for the garden!)"

A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks questions, "Beg pardon- is someone logging the meeting already?"

Cosmas says, "Yep."

Temi nods at a fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks.

Temi says, "Cosmas volunteered to sribe."

A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks states, "Cool, thanks. :)"

Nedyra states, "On top of that, I'm up to my neck in documentation. Changes file will be the most evident to yall at the moment."

Nedyra claims, "As for me personally? I've not been playing TI long, but already find the place hard to get away from. And that's before I ended up on staff here. I'm a geek by nature, so anything and everything tech I'm all over."

Nedyra says, "Any questions, I'm usually a tell away, or find me on personal board/mail."

Nedyra kicks the floor back at Temi.

A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks has gone AFK.

Temi declaims, "Okay!"

Temi claims, "So I've been doing some updates for typos and some additional chandlery stuff. I think we are now satisfied with the selection of fragrances, so I hope you guys are enjoying those. Each of the duchies now has its own signature premium fragrance now."

Cambrea Brandt claims, "Love the perfumes."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard has lost link.

Temi states, "I think last week I said I was working on costs and things for brewing stuff? I've finished that project now, so hopefully it's working out a bit more consistently. Not big updates, all in all."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard has reconnected.

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says OOCly, "Stupid connection"

Temi says, "And I have created the recipes for the tailoring progression to begin that port over process."

Cambrea Brandt states, "Ooo."

Nedyra says, "Once I'm more up to snuff with what I'm doing I'm sure Temi will be dumping half of that on me. Not that I'll complain."

Nedyra grins at Temi.

A sturdily-built woman with black curls claims, "It's fun, in its own very particular way."

Temi says, "If you check out craft_ weaving -all, you can see how it's set up and divided. None of thsoe are filled in yet, but it's a start. Obviously, that will change over to a player friendly command when we're ready to convert to the new system finally."

Temi grins at Nedyra.

Temi exclaims Nedyra, "Don't worry, we've got plenty for you to do too!"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "Damn, silk is gonna become a LOT harder to do a full outfit in. Whew."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls says, "It seems logical, but it will be hard if you can't do full outfits for gentry until rank 73."

Azarial states, "Well, it is an import."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls claims, "Oh yeah, not quarreling with the reasoning, but thinking about the difficulty that most orders are for silk, since rich folks are the ones who buy clothes."

Temi states, "It is a scale up in a lot of places, but there's variation on the locations in rank, insead of all at once now"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "And it may put tailors in a bad place of having to rush madly to get ranks up, which is much harder now in new crafting."

Temi states, "You can make a Silk cape at 56, just the fancier big hooded one is the 73."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls claims, "I think people always go for the hooded ones when possible, but maybe not."

Temi states a sturdily-built woman with black curls, "There has been no reason not to."

Temi says, "Now... there will be."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls grins.

Cosmas claims, "Gives you good reason to charge lots of money for a cloak."

Temi claims, "I also have figured out the costs of things for tailoring."

Temi states, "There will be bolts that can be cut into measures, and each thing will need a certain number of measures, except like the full outfits need whole bolts."

Temi states, "But I haven't put that in yet."

Temi asks, "And this kitten is purring and rolling over and demanding attention, so... player heartbeat? How's RP?"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls exclaims, "Kittten. <3 Very absorbing!"

Cambrea Brandt declaims, "Been good! Veeeeeeery active on the Order side now, yay!"

Cosmas says, "Been slow, personally, but I've managed to keep myself busy."

Cambrea Brandt pontificates, "It will be better when everybody comes to the party tonight! Right?!"

Cosmas grins, "Let the sugar cubes run wild!"

Kinaed steps out of your shadow. [OOC]

Herazade ab Chevalier has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Cambrea Brandt places her right fist over her heart in salute.

Herazade ab Chevalier waves.

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "Could do with more inquisitors to bro-fist with"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "Always more Inquisitors! and priests."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "Maybe not a HI or GI but peers"

Temi gives Herazade ab Chevalier some coins.

Cambrea Brandt claims, "We'll determine our smartest Knight and force them to become an Inquisitor instead."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "Haha"

Temi claims, "So, next week, we'll be starting an hour later."

Kinaed nods.

Temi exclaims, "Since Kin has been meaning to change the time since daylight savings time in Australia, but we didn't actually post an adjustment, so, whoops!"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard claims, "What is the role difference between Earl Marshall and Grand Master is something I wondered."

Kinaed nods and wasn't expecting to be late today.

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard questions, "And are there High Inquisitors in every duchy?"

Temi claims, "But that will be from here on out until Australia changes its time opposite us again."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "Grand Master trains knights, Earl Marshall is the leader who goes to court as a Great Lord, is the outside face, etc."

Temi asks Kinaed, "Did you want to update or anything, or just go on to player topics?"

A massive man with a peg leg has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed states, "I can't recall anything I did this week that was worthwhile because I've been on vacation with my family, so I suppose we can move on to Player Topics. :)"

Temi states, "So, we have Aeron with hiding/sneaking, Cambrea with dual wield and Deimetes with rings and wear locations."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair "Right, so hidingsneaking: as much as I appreciate all the new work being done to provide new skills (forging?) and systems, I'd really, really like to see hiding and sneaking receive an update. They're broken, right now, as far as I can tell. Covert characters can't hardly do anything stealthy because sneaking breaks you from your hiding place.

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says, "I fail at commands. But hopefully that made sense."

Temi nods.

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "I've not played around with them much but I've heard that mentioned as a problem for years."

Kinaed nods.

Azarial says, "I misplaced my spec to completely revise those; might hvae been eaten when the EOL bug munched my stored ledgers."

Azarial states, "I had meant to work on taht to baaalnce things out by giving the thieves some love, but I couldntp find it. =/"

Kinaed says, "We're aware, and have a fix, but it is relatively low priority compared to what Az is working on."

Temi claims, "It's frequently something that people mention.. though in part, our desired state is a bit more realistic than a lot of places do it."

Azarial states, "And admittedly it will help when my distraction has a larger stomach."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says, "That's fine, I understand the need to have priorities- but in the vast realm of things I care about, I don't need a new mailing system so much for everyday shenanigans as just a way to move around stealthily so I can cause trouble."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says, "So that's just me, stating a personal preference, there."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "Yeah, you can hit a snag sometimes when a problem stays low priority for a long time."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair states, "A covert guild that can't hide and sneak is kind of a bummer. ;)"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls states, "Hide and sneak are pretty fundamental."

Kinaed says, "I appreciate your raising how you feel about that, and as we said, sneak code is on the agenda... but I'm sorry, there are reasons MAIL Polca is so high on our agenda, so I'm afriad there won't be an update soon. Honestly, given that Az is lacking in sleep and programming time here, it may be awhile even for the things that do have priority."

Azarial claims, "I am pretty sure my fix for locks and steal are still legible."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says, "That's cool. Just wanted to throw it out there."

Kinaed nods at a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair.

Kinaed says, "I'd like to note that part of the mail code, whilst not as immediate as hid and sneak, will give people (including coverts, the traditional users of it) the ability to have aliases."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair says, "And that does sound really cool and I am looking forward to that."

Kinaed claims, "That's a big part of the spec. In addition to that, it's important because adding that will add functionality that other specs (later in our planning) rely upon."

Kinaed muses, "Cambrea, you wanted to discuss Dual wield?"

Kinaed wonders, "Cambrea, did you miss my last, or AFK?"

Cambrea Brandt claims, "Yeees, I'd never played around with it before and was a bit surprised. I am wondering why you can wield a sword and an axe, but not a sword and a mace. Maces need not be larger or heavier than axes, they hit the same range, they are wielded in one hand... they seem to be entirely the same."

Kinaed wonders, "I think you can dual wield them, but just don't get any benefit?"

Cambrea Brandt says, "Nope, said I can not use those weapons together."

Temi states, "There's certain ones it tells you you can't together"

Cambrea Brandt claims, "Certainly makes sense for larger weapons. Dual wielding a staff and a sword would of course be silly."

Kinaed claims, "Not entirely sure, but I think the ones we blocked were because of some advantage that dual wasn't supposed to give, but for the life of me, I can't remember. I also suspect it was Carmen's player who uncovered it."

Cambrea Brandt muses, "Okay! Maybe something that could be revisited at some point?"

Kinaed claims, "Dual wielding doesn't affect combat strength, etc, just gives you two different weapons you can hit with (and in a rock-paper-scissors game, that's a huge advantage) and possibly increases one's range."

Cambrea Brandt nods.

Cosmas is now idling.

A sturdily-built woman with black curls trails off, "That's how it was supposed to be, the penalty..."

Kinaed says, "Az informs me that there is a minus -1 step for the dual wielded weapon."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls claims, "That's more generous than I recalled, wow."

Cambrea Brandt says, "Basically any dual-wielding is fairly unrealistic by RL standards."

Cambrea Brandt states, "But: Rule of Cool. ;)"

A sturdily-built woman with black curls grins at Cambrea Brandt.

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair queries, "So there is a penalty, but it's minor?"

Cambrea Brandt says, "Yar."

A sturdily-built woman with black curls says, "I thought it was a -2 on both hands. -1 on offhand only... hmmm, that's very worth it."

Kinaed says, "I believe that swords and knives are a common irl dual wield and duelists actually trained for the use of weapons like the main gauche, albeit not to be out the entire time during a fight."

Cambrea Brandt says, "That is true."

Cambrea Brandt claims, "But that's kind of the only one."

Cambrea Brandt claims, "I like having it available in a game for sure, adds a lot of style and flavour for people. More variety, etc."

Kinaed says, "Az says there are also weight limits for the offhand. I may explore this more with Az."

Cambrea Brandt nods.

Cambrea Brandt pontificates, "Appreciated!"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, someone else wanted to discuss wear locations and rings?"

Nedyra claims, "That was Deimetes, if he's not gone AFK."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Kinaed says, "Thanks, Nedyra. :)"

Ignace dul Tresler states, "Belatedly, I remember filipino martial arts use dual-wielding a lot. Sticks and knives or something."

Ignace dul Tresler states, "No idea how effective that really is. But."

Kinaed nods at Ignace dul Tresler.

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard states, "Yes, rings"

Kinaed says, "I think dual knives are common as well."

Ignace dul Tresler says, "Yeah. I think they do that."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "I wondered if its possible to have multiple rings on the current slots or accurate number of slots, or a 'multi' slot that doesn't list every item but a 'there is several blah blah'"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard has several hula-hoops on the fingers of his left hand

Temi asks, "There's two fingers at least, and I think you can wear three things on each location?"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "When I looked up dual-wielding to research it, the census was that dual wielding in asia is usually short weapons or weapons in general that can be used with the same moves as unarmed and that its mostly for tournaments or showing off rather than for realz"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard wonders, "Oh you can? I didn't want to comission jewellery and not be able to wear it, but I suppose if you can wear multiples then its not so big an issue"

Kinaed states, "The only problem is that they may cover one another up."

Temi nods.

Temi has created a golden wedding ring embedded with tiny ivory pearl leaves!

Temi has created a brilliant princess-cut diamond in a slender platinum ring!

Temi wears a brilliant princess-cut diamond in a slender platinum ring on her left finger.

Temi wears a golden wedding ring embedded with tiny ivory pearl leaves on her left finger.

Azarial states, "I think there can be four necklaces in a slot, three rings, one weapon, one tattoo, etc."

Temi claims, "Yep, they stack nicely. Items of the same size shouldnt' cover one another up."

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard says, "Oh good stuff,could the rings be bumped up to 5 in each slot"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed queries, "Five rings on a finger?"

A shaven headed blonde man with a short beard states, "Well I meant more cause 5 fingers"

Herazade ab Chevalier claims, "Mami needs some bling."

Kinaed says, "Probably better to give 5 fingers in wear slots, but I'm not sure how complicated or worthwhile htat is."

Nedyra queries, "Would people commonly do that in TI's day?"

Kinaed asks, "I'll look into it, maybe bring it up next week to see where we got to with it, Deimetes?"

Kinaed claims Nedyra, "I haven't the slightest, but I'm sure some of the cultures might consider it."

Kinaed questions, "The biggest problem, beyond coding time, is 1.finger, 2.finger, 1.r.finger? What?"

Kinaed claims, "But we can probably figure that out too."

Nedyra nods.

Herazade ab Chevalier asks, "R.pinky r.middle etc?"

Kinaed nods at Herazade ab Chevalier.

Kinaed states, "Rpinky, rmiddle. :)"

Herazade ab Chevalier needs to specify the pinky.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, anyone else have anything they want to discuss? Our hour is up."

Kinaed exclaims, "I'll take the general silence as an okay to call the meeting to a close. Thank you, everyone that attended. See you next week, one hour later!"

Cosmas's neck tingles momentarily, then itches like mad.

Ignace dul Tresler waves.

Nedyra waves.

Herazade ab Chevalier has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A sturdily-built woman with black curls has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra climbs into your ear and goes away. [OOC]

Cambrea Brandt has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Applesauce

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:03 am

Atholos wrote: Kinaed questions, "The biggest problem, beyond coding time, is 1.finger, 2.finger, 1.r.finger? What?"
This was kinda a minor part of the meeting, but I had a suggestion. Given 2.whatever currently targets the right wrist/finger, it would probably be 1 through 5 for left fingers and 6 through 10 for right. Unfortunately that doesn't tell us which is the thumb, the pinky, etc.

Maybe we could actually name the slots? Then it would still be "pinky" (or "1.pinky") for left, and "2.pinky" for right, just like the current left and right wrist slot.

Example on "look":
<worn on left ring finger> a wedding band
<worn on right pinky> a gaudy gangster jewel

So instead of 8 new generic finger slots, split it into Thumb, Index Finger, Middle Finger, Ring Finger and Pinky, with left and right for each.

Inertia

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 am

I make no secret of my love for props. Generally speaking, I'm always in favor of more slot options or openings per, but this feels too specific to me. I've had characters with rings that specify which finger they're worn on in the actual short (e.g. a gold gangsta ring with a tiny ruby gem, worn on the pinky).

Three rings per hand feels pretty generous to me as is, but adding two more slots per side helps more than it hinders anything! Not being a programmer, myself, I'm assuming adding two more openings per slot might be the easier approach.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 am

Inclined to go:

lthumb
rthumb
lforefinger
rforefinger
lmiddlefinger
rmiddlefinger
lringfinger
rringfinger
lpinky
rpinky

... but I admit, it does look like it might be too much.

Applesauce

Tue May 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Kinaed wrote:... but I admit, it does look like it might be too much.
As long as I can identify my pinky ring as such, it's a small price to pay.

IMO.

• Information