brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: -down- ]
A large wooden cask with a corked stopper is here. (northern edge)
Iain Roseren is here. [App: 2]
He has a plain knife bearing a Celestine Rose on the pommel drawn.
[AFK] A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes is here. [App: 5]
A wiry young woman with grey eyes is here. [App: 2]
A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair is here. [App: 3]
Casimir is here. [App: 5]
He is wearing a small silver rose pin.
Samantha ab Vortina is here. [App: 5]
A cerulean-eyed young woman with pale golden curls is here. [App: 5]
She appears to be pregnant.
A skinny man of short, onyx hair is here. [App: 3]
Beronica von Bellatos is here. [App: 4]
A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair is here. [App: 3]
A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes is here. [App: 4]
Stitch is here. [App: 3]
He is indecent.
Arynon von Eclen sits on the skeletons of previous Earl Marshalls. [App: 5]
A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes is here. [App: 3]
Miley is here. [App: 2]
Kinaed is here. [App: 5]
Azarial is here. [App: 5]

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes puts a commemorative silver coin bearing the profile of the first regent, Herazade ab Chevalier in a spacious shoulder bag attached to a lengthy, narrow strap.

Kinaed states, "You for attending everyone. Today's Agenda is:

- Staff updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Samantha ab Vortina snuggles against Casimir and his coat sniffing it "Mmm.. still smells of seymor."

Kinaed queries, "Does anyone have anything to add to the agenda? I keep forgetting one by Samantha, scribing & papercraft, I think?"

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Yes that would be the topic"

Casimir claims, "Not if Casimir has anything to say about it. He emits shoe polish, mint, and pine needles."

Casimir says, "So basically, Old Spice."

Stitch states, "Delicious."

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Seymor had a pretty potent scent.. the scent of magecraft.."

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "And betrayal"

Kinaed claims, "If no one has any specific topic to add, let's get started. I'll open with my staff update."

[Action: Beronica von Bellatos is sitting down next to casim]
Casimir says to Samantha ab Vortina, "You really should stop trusting people. ;)"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "I forbid it kinaed"

Samantha ab Vortina smirks

Samantha ab Vortina states, "I really should stop trusting you crazy people.. you get my mages killed far to often.."

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes only trusts Dav and his minio- err, followers.

Kinaed states, "Guys, can we keep the extraneous chatter down, it's scrolling my screen and it's often hard for me to pay attention properly during these meetings. :) Glad you all enjoy socializing though."

Casimir nods.

Samantha ab Vortina sticks tongue out at Kinaed but nods "Yeah sorry.. will cut down."

Azarial states, "So many missing pronouns."

Kinaed states, "Last week, I basically kept up with the request board, pointed Az to Places Code as our next big thing since Herablism closed, only to change my mind and pull up Mail POLCA due to some complaints by covert GLs that they can't tell who letters are going to. Validated requests, ethat sort of thing. This week, I'm reviewing the Mail POLCA (includes forgery) to validate and give to Az to start."

Kinaed studies The Mail POLCA Spec.

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes has lost link.
A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes has reconnected.

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes has returned from AFK.

Kinaed has created The Mail POLCA Spec[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)The Mail POLCA Spec

Stitch questions, "As-per this, forgery will require a copy of the mail header you hope to copy? Every time? Will there be a sort of 'remember' system for mail headers?"

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes looks at a book in her hands.

Stitch looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed says to Stitch, "Yes, every time you want to forge something, you'll need a reference - but the reference isn't consumed."

Samantha ab Vortina arches a brow "Yeah.. unless there is a way to copy the actual coding of a mail header to extract the colors.. well that is just evil..

Azarial claims, "Zmud"

Stitch claims to Kinaed, "Oh, good. That was my next question. Looks incredible, honestly."

Stitch drops The Mail POLCA Spec.

Kinaed claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "It auto-copies the header/footer when forging."

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes looks at a book in her hands.

A dark-blonde man with dark green eyes gets The Mail POLCA Spec.

A dark-blonde man with dark green eyes studies The Mail POLCA Spec.

Arynon von Eclen queries, "So does this null the need for qp for headers for mail?"

A dark-blonde man with dark green eyes looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed nods at Arynon von Eclen.

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "I am not downloading/purchasing another program just for that.. And that is good to know kinaed"

Arynon von Eclen says, "Awesome"

Azarial is going to hvae to think about how te code can id the headers and footers properly

Kinaed claims, "You will also be selecting, if I recall correctly, a specific courier as your home base."

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes asks, "In addition to that, does your skill in forgery influence how well the header is copied? IE special characters, etc. ?"

Kinaed states, "Using that courier is free."

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair gets The Mail POLCA Spec.

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair studies The Mail POLCA Spec.

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair looks at a book in his hands.

Samantha ab Vortina queries, "What about courier pigeon?"

Kinaed states to a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes, "No, it'll be an exact copy every time, BUT, your skill level is saved on the forgery, and depending on someone's familiarity with the victim, etc, they may be able to overcome your forgery skill to detect it's a forgery."

Samantha ab Vortina muses, "How do the little guys play into this system of forgery?"

Kinaed claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "Those will cost the same, but pigeons are about sending mail, not receiving it."

Samantha ab Vortina studies The Mail POLCA Spec.

Kinaed says to Samantha ab Vortina, "Oh, not sure. Making a note and reviewing the spec for that. I wrote this almost a year ago, I think."

Arynon von Eclen muses to Kinaed, "So we set up a courier as our home base, then if we mail from there, it's free, but from somewhere else it costs money?"

Kinaed states, "When POLCAs first came in and Az suggested we do one for mail."

Kinaed says to Arynon von Eclen, "It only affects receiving, not sending."

Arynon von Eclen claims to Kinaed, "Ah"

Arynon von Eclen studies The Mail POLCA Spec.

Samantha ab Vortina arches a brow "So wait.. it costs now to receive packages? isn't that ussually in the sender's costs?

Kinaed states, "I think it only costs something if you don't go to the courier you registered your character's address to."

Casimir muses, "Do covert GLs have to invest in forgery to use their covert aliases?"

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes asks, "Transfer fee?"

A skinny man of short, onyx hair looks at The Mail POLCA Spec in his hands.

Kinaed says to Casimir, "No."

Samantha ab Vortina ponders "Hmm... Also glad to see papercraft has some partial use in another skill with this polca

Casimir looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed says, "With this system, you just set up the multitude of mail headers you want to use. Some of them are system headers that will show up in your list to use, like Tenebrae."

Kinaed says, "No one else can use that one without being the Tenebrae because the system won't make it accessable."

Kinaed nods at Samantha ab Vortina.

Arynon von Eclen was just going to ask about that.

Kinaed states, "I'll have to review that since Papercraft is probably going to get a facelift along with the other crafts."

Miley muses, "So people can send to nicknames?"

Kinaed nods at Miley.

Samantha ab Vortina says, "It needs a facelift.. it really does.. "

Kinaed claims, "People can register aliases to receive mail."

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair looks at a book in his hands.

Casimir looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed nods at Samantha ab Vortina.

Miley wonders, "Does it prevent people from having the same alias?"

Kinaed states, "I recall it being somewhat hard to use."

Kinaed nods at Miley.

Arynon von Eclen says to Kinaed, "What about other people, will we be able to have copies sent to us if we put something else in the recipient list? Just checking things that might come up."

Kinaed states to Arynon von Eclen, "I don't think mailing will otherwise change, it's just the receive command and some tweaks to send to use the right header/footer. Everything else is just about setting information with a POLCA and how to create/detect forgeries."

Kinaed states, "I've written down that question for when I review the spec."

Arynon von Eclen personally think that one should require RP

Casimir says to Kinaed, "How will we know which alias a letter is sent to? I might have missed something."

Kinaed says, "Can I ask people to read the spec offline and raise questions on the forums? A lot of these questions are answered in the spec itself once read and comprehended."

Arynon von Eclen personally think that one should require RPA.

Casimir says, "Okies."

Kinaed says to Casimir, "I've asked Az to put the From and To back into the header."

Azarial put the 'to' back as a test.

A skinny man of short, onyx hair looks at The Mail POLCA Spec in his hands.

Kinaed states, "Okay then, that wraps up my update. Az, your turn. :)"

Azarial claims, "Let's see. finished the lat major bits for herbalism, so that is down to bughunting."

Casimir states, "As brought up on the forums, having the from accessible by everyone is a little detrimental when people really want to send anonymous mail. Having the 'to' is the only thing covert GLs need."

Casimir says, "But sorry, that's already on the forums."

Azarial states, "Sorted my mail some, cleared some bugs off the bug board, which uincluded what i took to be ignored requests for more information."

Azarial was going to check the historical uses of from.

Kinaed states to Casimir, "We've decided that the couriers won't accept a letter without the "From" address written in - and will use forgery to change who it is from."

Kinaed claims, "To note: finished herbalism has lacing and addiction. Go have some fun with recreational drugs, people, and let us know how it goes."

Azarial states, "Then i will leave that out for now so the tenebrae can mail his/her anonymous love letters to the poet knight wihtout comprisming things."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Stitch claims, "Hehehe."

Kinaed gives a commemorative silver coin bearing the profile of the first regent, Herazade ab Chevalier to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "Ehhhhh."

Arynon von Eclen can't be drugged or poisoned anymore, " I saw to that." P

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Already a step ahead of you kinaed.. My character and another got drunk on sugar cube like drinks last night"

Beronica von Bellatos claims, "I tried drinking a minor recreational earlier, and the auto-sniff stopped me."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Also kinaed that reminds me"

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes pontificates, "Thanks for the addiction helpfile, by the way!"

Azarial states, "I wonder if temi has converted them all to potions yet"

Kinaed queries, "Does auto-sniff stopping you from taking recreational drugs bug ppl?"

Arynon von Eclen says, "And that reminds me, typing 'help withdraw' steers you toward the addiction helpfile, instead of withdrawing from the bank helpfile"

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "What about foods or drinks that are already on grid and coded part of stores? For example the stardust elixir. I tried sniffing it out of curiousity and didn't get a negative message back despite it being obvious it is laced with something"

Kinaed says, "I was personally only expecting it to stop deadly poisons and the like."

Azarial claims, "It should only do it to eidbles that restore hp or moves."

Azarial states to Samantha ab Vortina, "Ask temi"

Casimir wonders, "There's an auto-sniff command...?"

Samantha ab Vortina muses, "Does the stardust elixir which is a drink not restore mv?"

Azarial says, "Not a command, per se."

Azarial states, "But I gues I could add an autocommand to turn ot on and off."

Kinaed states, "I'd strongly prefer not."

Casimir states, "It's going to be really hard to poison anybody -.-"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes muses, "Does autosniff work off a skill? If so, which one?"

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair claims, "I don't understand why there is an autosniff in the first place."

Kinaed states, "The idea of the sniff command is that people can be vigilant against poison when they actually are, not that the game would save people automatically."

Kinaed nods at a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair.

Miley states, "Sniffing is rude "

Kinaed states, "I'll take it offline to discuss with staff."

Kinaed nods at Miley.

Kinaed says, "It shows distrust of the source."

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Yeah.. i agree with grey. People are not going to sniff everything.. unless they are paranoid"

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair muses, "So that should be a part of the intrigue, no? Or maybe make a 'sniff subtle' command?"

Arynon von Eclen is paranoid.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes questions, "Again, does sniff work off a skill?"

Azarial states, "Herbalism, as i recall."

Casimir says, "I'd sniff everything. But I'm in a position where I can be a rude, paranoid fucker."

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes writes up a job ad for a food taster.

Beronica von Bellatos says, "I just said autosniff since my character, who has high herbalism, detected the scent of floleaf in her drink."

Arynon von Eclen is one step ahead of a coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes.

Samantha ab Vortina smirks to Casimir "Yes.. you do have that right at the moment."

Beronica von Bellatos queries, "Does lace work off of herbalism as well?"

Kinaed says, "Having a high herbalism might be a good excuse for autosniff."

Kinaed claims, "Noting that down, because it's probably how it works."

Azarial trails off, "....no"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "I don't think it is a good enough excuse.."

Arynon von Eclen questions to Kinaed, "Reward for beign champion of herbalism?"

Stitch says, "I just think that autosniff is gonna get hella used by twinking people. You should have to make a concious decision to sniff a drink."

Kinaed nods at Stitch.

Kinaed states, "That said, I think people with high herbalism should be able to identify what the heck they just ingested without problem."

Samantha ab Vortina muses, "If you get drunk at the bar would you logically sniff every drink when you are already drunk off your arse?"

Beronica von Bellatos gets a tiny cup filled with a strong aromatic tea from a large leather water-proof haversack with an iron clasp.

Beronica von Bellatos drinks tea from a tiny cup filled with a strong aromatic tea.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "It'd be cool if you could add an emote to any coded command."

A cerulean-eyed young woman with pale golden curls states, "Maybe. My wits are pretty sharp, even when I'm plastered."

Beronica von Bellatos puts a tiny cup filled with a strong aromatic tea in a large leather water-proof haversack with an iron clasp.

Kinaed says to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "That's true."

Azarial states to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "That would be a command by command modification"

Kinaed states, "Okay, so I've got a lot of notes on sniffing."

Kinaed says, "I'll do a review of it."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "Like, if you sit, or sniff, or whatever; I think some of the RPIs have that."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "You just add (parentheses) around the modifying emote."

Kinaed asks, "That wraps up our staff updates. Time for player heartbeat!
So, how's RP been this week, folks? Anything the staff can do to help the game?"

Samantha ab Vortina will start getting people drunk off their arses and then towards the 18th's shot.. then i will poison them.. smirks

Arynon von Eclen muses to Kinaed, "So can poisons be applied to weapons yet?"

Azarial states to Arynon von Eclen, "No"

Kinaed states to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "We try to design with emotes in mind at the get-go, but some legacy commands don't have it, and sometimes we forget."

Miley asks, "Are there any drugs that do positive things but overall negative ?"

Arynon von Eclen cowers before Casimir, " K sorry!" , he's scared of Red letters.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes nods.

Kinaed claims to Miley, "A lot of the drugs do "positive" things, and the downside is addiction."

Arynon von Eclen says OOCly, "Azarial, not cas"

Miley claims, "Maybe a drug that let's you pool better but can get you dependant"

Kinaed says, "Some do negative things and these we view as poisons."

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Rp has beem.. Interesting? Bit slow but interesting. Performed a raid on someone's home last night. That was fun. Has a character who has skin tight clothing.. Yeah i have things going for me and it is great"

Miley states, "Ah"

Kinaed queries to Miley, "Please put that suggestion on the forums?"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "So yes rp has been amazing"

Miley claims, "I will do so"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "Well, I'm back, I guess. Gotten into a few scenes."

Kinaed muses, "That's great to hear. :) Anyone else have anything to comment on?"

Kinaed nods at a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes.

Arynon von Eclen says to Kinaed, "Oh, something did occur to me, it was on the forums, the one about RPA that Bennie started"

Kinaed claims to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "It's good to see you again."

Kinaed nods at Arynon von Eclen.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes states, "I have an alt who was basically that guy's manservant. I'm not sure what to do with him now that he's been stripped of titles."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes nods over at Casimir.

Kinaed states, "I replied to that yesterday, I think. Haven't checked back since."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes winks at Casimir too. All in good fun.

Stitch questions, "Been trying to pool skills as of late, which always irks. Is there any way to purchase skill points with QP, out of cyan phase?"

Casimir states to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "I gotta write you a letter some time tonight, explaining things."

Kinaed states to Stitch, "I'm sorry, no."
Casimir states to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "And we can take it from there."

Samantha ab Vortina smothers a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes with her ovcharka "Shh... it will all be over soon."

Miley asks, "Combat skills? horrible?"

Stitch states, "Not that I don't understand the reasoning behind that. Yeah. Other then that... Been good. People are surprisingly okay with mutes here, it works out great."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes wonders, "Kinaed, is it possible for me to respec?"

Beronica von Bellatos says to Stitch, "Try finding a teacher. We could always play doctor if you are wanting to learn medicine."

Kinaed questions to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "Respec? You mean go back into chargen and move things about?"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "Yeah."

Stitch claims, "You sure you want these hands near a patient of yours? Heh."

Kinaed claims, "No, you're not cyan anymore."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes states, "Alas."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "We have had mutes before. It is an interesting concept. i couldn't personally do it myself but great concept"

Kinaed says, "Cyan ends at 75 hours of RP, you have 114."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes has gone IAW.

Beronica von Bellatos smirks to stic. "Who says it would be a patient?"

Arynon von Eclen claims, "Mutes can be fun, but frustrating at the same time"

Stitch states, "Oh! Actually, just briefly, I -did- want to bring up a subject."

Samantha ab Vortina says, "That reminds me kinaed. Two of my alts hadn't reached 75 hours of rp yet exited cyan.. does hours you spend not in rp count towards that 75 hours"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that wraps up player heartbeat - so the rest of the meeting is Player Topics - whatever you guys want to talk about. Sam, you wanted to talk about papercraft? Please introduce it?"

Beronica von Bellatos was married to one.

Azarial says, "50 hours"

Kinaed says to Stitch, "What is it? I'll write it down and we can talk about it after Sam."

Stitch says, "Just something about perhaps taking a gander at using the sneak and hide skill to manuver past xblocks without using RPA and poking imms? It's not mission critical."

Kinaed nods at Stitch.

Stitch states, "And I totally understand if it's been done to death. Twinking, all that."

Casimir wonders, "You mean use skills to get into guild halls, a guild's sanctuary, where all their resources, secrets, and allies are kept?"

Samantha ab Vortina sighs gently as she prepares her monologue about papercraft and scribing "Preparing the emote.. Bare with me it may be a minute or two."

Kinaed says to Stitch, "I wrote the topic down, we'll discuss it after Sam's Papercrafting"

Stitch nods.

Azarial claims, "'bear with'"

Azarial gives a piece of mail to Kinaed.

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Yes that"

Azarial eats a piece of mail.

Kinaed shows Azarial a piece of mail.

Stitch claims to Casimir, "I can't rely on my mage friends to do it anymore, sadface."

Arynon von Eclen peronally thinks that guild xblocks should need RPA, but guards around a persons house or similar, not so much, like shops and whatnot

Casimir states to Stitch, "I'll tell you how much I hate the idea after Sam's thing. =P"

Stitch smiles.

Kinaed gives a piece of mail to Azarial.

Stitch states, "I dont blame you, mate. I'm just trying to play a little Devil's Advocate for my 'other' friends."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Alright so about.. 3 or four weeks ago I posted a topic on the forums about having the papercraft skill affect scribing. In simple terms I am thinking that perhaps rank in papercraft should affect the cost of scribing. Similar to how haggle will reduce the cost of purchasing items at times papercraft would make sense as well. Afterall if you go to scribe books papercrafters work with paper on a daily basis and even make books. They would have a knowledge greater than those who don't have the papercraft skill. "

Samantha ab Vortina wonders, "Also here is the link to my topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=757 That no one but kinaed has commented on"

Kinaed claims, "I think the setup is very similar to that right now, btw. That is, the price of a book is floating based on the number of pages."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "I have papercraft but I haven't really used it."

Casimir claims, "Sorry... crafting in general isn't really my cup of tea."

Kinaed states, "What's missing is how much it costs to scribe a book being obvious before hand and a skillcheck affecting the cost - right now, I think it's flat for everyone."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "That was just one side of it kinaed."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "The help file doesn't really tell you anything about how to use the skill in RP."

Kinaed states, "Intrinsically, I have no issues with your suggestion, it's just not high priority on our list of things to do, so may be awhile before we get it in."

Kinaed wonders to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "How to use the skill in RP?"

Stitch wonders, "A simple fix for this may be to remove paper from general circulation, and replace it with vellum for the time being?"

Stitch muses, "Paper gets rarified artificially, papercrafters have something to RP about, etc?"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes muses, "I mean, sure, the concept of having a book or ledger makes sense. But who would actually use these books or ledgers? What practical use would each guild use them for? Can you do artsy stuff with the papercraft skill?"

Azarial says, "Paper should be rarer and more expensive, really."

Stitch nods at Azarial.

Kinaed asks, "I'd think a lot of that would be intrinsic to the idea that it's the papercraft skill, so if you get it, you can do with it what a person would do with papercraft irl. I suppose you mean more information about what the outputs of the skill are? Ie, papercraft can produce ledgers, cards, posters, etc?"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "And yes papercraft is a very forgotten skill and is not even a viable trade according past grand magnates. But with my suggestion it could be improved. People could open up book shops and charge people to scribe books cheaper than it would cost said person who doesn't have skill in papercraft. It could be made into a viable trade. And yes you can do artsy fartsy stuff.. Look at vren. While in jail she got to keep her papercraft items. She add color to the prison's fancy cell with decorations"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes queries, "If books and paper-making, at least in real life, were the transformative force that they were... why isn't papercraft more important?"

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair states, "Paper and ledgers is actually the only thing my character uses."

Stitch states, "Because paper costs me 1 silver at the store."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Exactly salazar."

Arynon von Eclen claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "But technically you can do that, just not using code, get a book, copy paste, etc etc"

Samantha ab Vortina asks, "You can arynon but who really wants to? "

Kinaed jots down the notes and ideas.

Kinaed states, "Papercraft is due for a facelift. We've done it for the other crafts."

Casimir says, "Nobody likes books, it seems."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes states, "Also, the mail system effectively gets rid of the need to actually get paper."

Samantha ab Vortina states, "No it doesn't salazar"

Kinaed says, "I'd love to have a recipe for the creation of a ledger, the same for cards, etc."

Azarial states, "Cards are the only tricky thing to convert."

A fresh-faced man with long sandy blond hair states to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "It doesn't if you want to have the paper modified"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes asks, "What do you mean, Alphos?"

Kinaed states, "I'm making a note about papercraft's integration into mail."

Beronica von Bellatos states, "Oh that brought up something I would like to suggest with crafts like chandlery, herbalism, and papercraft. "

Kinaed nods at Beronica von Bellatos.

Beronica von Bellatos says, "It would be nice to be able to make things in batches, versus individual items."

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Cards are evil.. i hate having to retool fifty-? individual pieces.. but still what are people's view on the whole hagglish papercraft/scribe thing since we have strayed from the poin i was getting at"

Kinaed nods at Beronica von Bellatos.

A coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes asks, "I echo Beronica, re chandlery at least. Cooking also?"

Kinaed nods at a coffee-complected woman with warm brown eyes.

Kinaed says, "I took a note. Not sure how easy that will be."

Beronica von Bellatos claims, "And brewing possibly. Just not crafts like woodworking, jeweling, blacksmithing, or glassmaking. Since those skills usually require a bit more effort in just making one piece."

Samantha ab Vortina humms

Iain Roseren tucks his dagger in his belt.

Casimir points at Stitch. "His idea now?"

Stitch laughs. "Casi is raring to go at it."

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's see."

Beronica von Bellatos chuckles. "I was afraid I killed the chat.

Kinaed queries, "Sneak and hide to bypass xblocks and guards?"

A cerulean-eyed young woman with pale golden curls has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Nah, just trying to finish typing out a tell before I continue :)"

Stitch claims, "I suppose that the end game to the suggestion that I'm having is a way to bypass xblocks via a check in order to free up the imms from RPA."

Casimir claims, "Yeah. I think it's an alright thing, in theory - but we don't have a diverse enough setup as is to support it being done fairly. We'd need a more diverse sneak/hide skillset, and mooks (actual mobs guarding guilds) to be in."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, the whole point of RPA is that it is expensive and not a repeatable process ad nauseum... and it also lets staff accurately monitor Xblock bypasses."

Casimir claims, "I mean, when you think of the Thieves' GH, that's their home man. That's where all their secrets are. All their loot. You can't just sneak your way in there."

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Casimir states, "I would want traps to be put in, too."

Kinaed claims, "So I'd probably say no to that suggestion, even though I appreciate the spirit and intent in which it was raised."

Stitch says, "I would point out that not even Thieves know where the guild is, IC'ly. They're lead away by NPC's."

Casimir claims, "Before something like that was allowed."

Kinaed claims, "I don't have an issue with traps."

Stitch says, "I'd be utterly overjoyed to see traps done."

Kinaed states, "Just not a fan of insta-death-because-you-walked-into-a-room sort of traps"

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Oh did it change? Last i knew it was speak some phrase to someone and.. yeah"

Samantha ab Vortina says, "Notgoing to say more"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "Oh man, now I want to play a Brotherhood character."

Kinaed says, "I like the idea of traps, that anyone can set."

Miley claims, "Poison traps"

Stitch says, "Speak a phrase to someone, and that someone blindfolds you and leads you away, yes. It's an inane argument, but one nontheless. The Order, the Knights, they've got clearly defined GH's."

Casimir claims, "Covert GHs would be booby trapped, guarded, and... I don't know. It just seems like if somebody can sneak in there and steal things from out underneath their noses, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a GH at all. At this point GLs are already putting their information in Gnotes, because it's inaccessible that way."

Kinaed says, "Snares used to see if someone's passed a room, maybe some that smack you with poison in the face, etc."

Kinaed nods at Miley.

Arynon von Eclen starts builing ink packs like the banks use to explode on people that enter the Thieves Guild illegally(?).

Gordon says, "I think a crafting for traps would be good, like, different recipes for traps and all, then you can hide them with the hide skill."

Kinaed says, "I might do some research on various kinds of traps and - yep."

Kinaed claims, "Probably making a hunting craftskill"

Stitch states, "I think that traps would be amazing. Implimentation would be awful, at first. But still."

Kinaed says, "We have a hunting paradigm we want to add, can just be a craft off it."

Kinaed nods at Gordon.

Arynon von Eclen muses to Kinaed, "Is disguise still in the works?"

Beronica von Bellatos muses to Kinaed, "So two tiered like how herbalism is. The making of the traps and then their use?"

Casimir says, "Also, before the chat ends, I do have a complaint with Gnotes: it removes the use of books and ledgers, which removes yet another nice thing that thieves can steal - and another factor of our economy."

Samantha ab Vortina asks, "Wait what.. how would you even make hunting a skill? Just seems like an excuse to create another skill at that pont"

Kinaed says, "Yes, but because of how the game handles remember list, etc, it's a really, really difficult thing to code."

Gordon states, "Thieves could do an RPA probably."

Stitch claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "Anyone can hunt. Not many people know how to lay traps for animals."

Azarial drops a piece of mail.

Arynon von Eclen says to a cerulean-eyed young woman with pale golden curls, "It's the tracking part of hunting I think"

Azarial gets a piece of mail.

Azarial drops a piece of mail.

Azarial gets a piece of mail.

Arynon von Eclen says OOCly, "That was to samantha"

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "That is called trapping. Not really hunting."

Miley says, "If notes could turn into books that be nice"

Kinaed says to Samantha ab Vortina, "Rather than have the woods crawling with random, obvious critters that take up memory and apparently mages like to off their magic items on, we're thinking you go to a room, start hunting, and will catch glimpses of an animal you can follow until you can engage it, when it will load."

Iain Roseren states, "I still use ledgers, myself.."

Casimir pontificates to Kinaed, "THAT'S MY SYSTEM!"

Iain Roseren points to a large dossier file folder, bound closed with sturdy twine

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes says, "That'd be cool."

Kinaed states to Casimir, "Yeah, it was someone's suggestion."

Kinaed says to Casimir, "Might be yours."

Casimir says to Kinaed, "That's my ideal system of hunting - I actually have it written down on my notes for my zombie MUD... >.>"

Stitch claims, "Lol. Perhaps the 'hunting' skill could wrap up trapping and skinning in one."

Azarial claims, "Skinning was already absorbed by butcher"

Casimir says to Kinaed, "Not sure if I suggested it, since it's a pretty common thing, but yeah."

Arynon von Eclen states to Casimir, "I know at least on the order side, gnotes are usually general knowledge, more private things are kept on paper, like a gnote I posted that didn't reveal much on the target, just said to talk to me or those involved"

Kinaed states to Casimir, "I'm not sure either, it came through Takta when I first heard and agreed with it."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes queries, "Would it be possible to have one command be under two skills?"

Iain Roseren nods to Arynon von Eclen.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes questions, "Like, it checks which skill is higher and uses that instead?"

Casimir says to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "Yes."

Stitch says, "Anyway. Sneaking past xblocks lead into trapmaking, which I think is a far superior conversation to have. If I could get a trans out for today, though, that'd be great."

Casimir says to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "Duel wielding already uses that concept, I believe."

Samantha ab Vortina sighs " That is tracking.. But my thing is kinaed your idea is great and all.. But what about those people who already make a living off if hunting in their rp? Are you prepared to offer some form of compensation for screwing with what they had already established as a possible master hunter yet because they have to learn a new skill they are no better than jowschmoe?

Kinaed claims to a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes, "Yes, I think we have a few things set up like that albeit I don't like the setup."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "The hunting skill can have basics from butchering and leather-working, but have priority in tracking, finding and traps."

Stitch has been transferred out by Azarial. [OOC]

Iain Roseren claims, "I use gnotes for things that would be disseminated throughout the guild. Other information is kept in ledgers.. all my personal investigation materials and documentation is on paper, if only because I like storing all my important mail in ledgers."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, our OOC Chat time is up."

A dark-blonde man with dark green eyes has left the game.

Kinaed states, "Thank you, everyone, for attending - and your great suggestions this week."

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes questions, "You can store mail in ledgers?"

Kinaed has written a large portion of them down.

Kinaed nods at a tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes.

Iain Roseren nods to argyle

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes claims, "Holy crap. I didn't know that."

Kinaed says, "'post mail ledger <title in the ledger contents>'"

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes states, "I'm going to go make a ledger then."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed waves.

A tall, darkly colored young man with vivid eyes has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Beronica von Bellatos has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Miley has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Jules

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Regarding the autosniff feature mentioned, just want to throw my thoughts out there: I am confused as to why this would be in place, considering that sniff is a command everyone has access to already.

I actually -like- the idea that someone risks potentially offending his/her host by sniffing something. This adds a layer of social risk and intrigue that makes a good deal of sense to me.

I'm not against giving sniff a more subtle option, however, in order to try to hide the attempt from others' notice--though I don't know what skill(s) such an option should take into account.

It just seems a bit defeating that someone should automatically get to detect a poison without any additional effort on his/her part (other than knowing the herbalism skill, I guess?), when it takes so much effort for someone to figure out how to deliver that poison in the first place.

Temi

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Autosniff is not really automatically sniffing things. It's intended to be a much smaller chance to sometimes catch something happening, but not something to be relied on. More just a little 'extra'. I need to look at the values again though, I think, and make sure it's genuinely low as intended.

• Information