Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Azarial glances at Ariel as if expecting him to magically create a large tub of something drinkable.
Kinaed asks, "Before we begin, does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda and make sure it is spoken about?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "Puzzle games."
Kinaed claims to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Okay, added."
Ariel claims, "God I wish I was carrying a cask just to make that comment funnier."
Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"
Azarial is not writing a game playing AI.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "...I was kidding. Just getting frustrated over this one."
Samantha shrugs "Got nothing."
Kinaed sniggers.
Kinaed states, "Okay, with nothing to add, I shall begin."
Olivia asks, "Permanent supports?"
Olivia says, "Oops, too slow."
Kinaed claims, "Last week I put out a few policy fires, rewrote the design for RPxp - there is now a new command 'autowarning' which may be spammy but informative with rewards to what RPxp you are earning and for what. The algorithm is now smoother and should ensure players are in RP so long as they are in a room with someone else."
Samantha trails off to Olivia, "Support use to be permanent but i believe that was changed since sometimes the people in real life change their support from one person..."
Kinaed trails off, "I updated the final draft of Places code. It's not much different from what everyone has seen before, but..."
Kinaed has created the Places Spec[5].
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin declaims, "Gah! Sorry for spacing out, I'll pay attention now"
Kinaed says, "Feel free to have a look.
Azarial looks at a black leather grimoire in her hands
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes looks at a book in his hands.
Takta claims to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "No worries. :)
Kinaed states, "I think that's everything for me. Az, you're up."
Azarial looks at a black leather grimoire in her hands.
Kinaed has created the Places Spec[1].
Kinaed gives the Places Spec to Azarial.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes drops the Places Spec
Azarial says, "I hvae been pounding rpxp until it had no secrets to hide and was as flat as a good steel blade."
Azarial says, "Switching back to herbalism, so i need to see where I was at and resume my efforts there."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Samantha states, "Pssh.. damascus blade is better"
Azarial claims, "I'm not spending the time on rpxp for that kind of description."
Azarial states, "Crafting, that;s damascus. support, oh yeah. combat, getting there/"
Kinaed says, "In translation, that means Azarial rewrote the whole damn RPxp code algorithm."
Azarial states, "Magic? iron adn rust. needs more work
Takta grins.
Azarial is going to pound that like the adult movie section in a large movie rental place.
Samantha laughs softly "And we truly do appreciate the work az did. since without rpxp we would not really have a game
Kinaed claims, "Okay, Temi, you're up."
Temi says, "Okay! I have been a busy little Temi."
Kinaed claims to Samantha, "We'd be a MUSH :)"
Temi states, "Mainly working on the Daravi quest."
Loken claims, "Which I have to say, is oodles of fun"
Beronica states to Temi, "Spent my entire night last night RPing for that."
Temi claims, "My main concenr with this idea was getting lots of ways for different people being involved... so hopefully it's been good for eveyrone who was interested in being involved."
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin wonders, "Daravi quest?"
A chocolate brown skinned tone male nods.
Temi says, "So, wrapping that up tonight and we'll be on to IC Events updates for a while."
Temi nods at a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin .
A chocolate brown skinned tone male says to Temi, "Very much appreciated."
Kinaed claims to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "Lithmore is at war with a neighboring country, the Daravi.
A chocolate brown skinned tone male bows down to Temi.
Kinaed claims to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "This November, we're running a quest to focus on that battle.
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin nods
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes asks of Temi, "Is there something going on tonight?"
Temi claims, "To determine who comes out ahead, who gets control of what territories, and so on."
Kinaed says, "I should add that the staff are having a staff meeting after this meeting to discuss December's quest."
Samantha turns to look at Temi with her big couchy eyes
Temi states, "No further events from me, though I've got the NPC to be questioned still."
Beronica pokes a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes with her laughing schtick just for good measure.
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin says, "Sounds interesting"
Temi says, "And then I mostly just need the Lithmorran leadership to turn in final decisions on troop movements."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes doesn't laugh. Ever. Unless it's a berating laugh.
The Courier hands a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes a letter.
Samantha says, "That meeting yesterday temi was.. interesting"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "Oh. Hey. I can do that >.>"
Temi claims, "And that's my week."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Kinaed, "You saw nothing.
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed saw nothing.
Kinaed says, "Okay, Takta, you're up."
Temi states, "I'll probably miss next week due to being on a plane."
Takta states, "And I did nothing."
Kinaed grins at Temi.
Beronica gets a twitch in her eye as she sees nothing wave back.
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair gives kind glasses.
Takta states, "I've been busy this week with RL and player-side RP instead of staff-side work."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Takta exclaims, "Will be getting back on the woodworking wagon ASAP. That's it!
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair gives Kinaed glasses.
Ariel sneezes loudly.
Ariel says, "-Again-? Jesus maybe I really do have the flu."
Loken claims, "What impeccable timing
Kinaed says, "Mady, you're up."
Katarina states to Ariel, "Lord bless."
Madyriel nods at Kinaed.
Temi states, "When Takta says she did nothing, she means she did me a big favor helping to rope more people in from the player side organization on the quest stuf."
Takta claims, "Oh and I expanded the graveyard, Olivia just reminded me. So now you can bury people again, lol
A chocolate brown skinned tone male waves.
Olivia states, "When they die of natural causes, of course."
Takta trails off, "Of course..."
Samantha goes wide-eyes while looking at Temi "You can speak Taktanese?" Turns to look at Takta "Yay more dead people."
Madyriel states, "This 3-week stint for my PhD research has had me pretty darn tired. I awarded QP this week, helped out with random things, fixed a bunch of small issues with blacksmithing based off of feedback."
Kinaed queries, "Because we get a lot of that, right? :P"
Kinaed nods at Madyriel.
Takta hugs Madyriel.
Takta states, "Grad school is awful."
Temi claims to Kinaed, "It is natural to die when you get lit on fire."
Kinaed high fives Temi.
Madyriel says, "And if there's anything else, I can't remember it off the top of my head."
Kinaed says to Delilah, "You're up, Del."
Delilah says, "I didn't do much, just the usual. A few building requests, key replacements, a few typo fixes.. I'm not that exciting. ;) Been doing a lot of IC stuff. (Was prepared. ^.^)"
Kinaed questions, "Okay, is that it for staff updates?"
Samantha smirks "Yay keys.."
Kinaed muses, "If so, player heartbeat. How's RP been this week, guys? Anything you need support from staff on, or need any love with?"
Loken says, "RP's been a strawberry blast"
Alphos has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]
A chocolate brown skinned tone male states, "Staff comforting."
A chocolate brown skinned tone male nods.
Loken claims, "Could do with more, but then I have a problem"
Kinaed has created a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears[1]
Kinaed gives a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears to Alphos
Ariel says, "Crazy. Busy. Crazy."
A fragile brunette lass with wide, honey-gold eyes states, "Exhausting. It's been loads of fun, but I think I've done 30+ hours on Daravi-related stuff."
Beronica claims, "Despite the length of last nights meeting and subsequent blood fest, I had a blast.
Katarina hugs a fragile brunette lass with wide, honey-gold eyes.
Loken claims, "I regret nothing"
Kinaed smiles
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin laughs.
Katarina grins.
Beronica claims to Loken, "I have a letter that states otherwise."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "My first experience with the storyteller system actually left me with a request: is it possible to implement some code that allows storytellers to give others the ability to do the storyteller commands? That way Ariel could help me control NPCs, say, or I could give it to an alt and be in two places at once."
Loken states, "That's IC darling"
Kinaed claims, "Oh, with regards to RPxp, please keep an eye on it and report any weird or undesirable behavior. Autowarnings may help."
Takta says to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Oooh, I love this."
Takta says, "Delegating STs."
Kinaed claims, "Yeah, a good idea, Casimir. I'll note that down."
Takta says, "I also wanna give STs the ability to mload and string mobs."
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair tests out the autowarning system.
Beronica states, "It would be a good way to have a large story, and a group ran story."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Kinaed asks, "We've set up the start of that framework, haven't we?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes nods at Takta. "And create areas, maybe in a random 1000 vnum area - five rooms per story unless otherwise requested
Takta says, "I've got a good basic set of mobs in the area."
Alphos states, "That would be great Takta. One big thing I would like to do as a ST is make quick disposable rooms."
Samantha says, "Well kinaed rp has been interesting on my end.. Lost a successful mage character..You will be missed seymor... but now i am ready to get going again."
Takta trails off, "If we could give them builder access to the ST area only..."
Samantha says, "So yeah interesting rp"
Kinaed states, "Okay, jotting it all down."
Takta claims, "That would be afine by me."
Takta claims, "Afine? Fine."
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair asks of Takta, "Opposite of obtuse?"
Takta says, "Well, afine and acute are ALMOST synonymous."
Kinaed trails off, "I will also miss Seymor, one of our more malevolent mages..."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "Why is top ramen never filling =("
Kinaed states, "Those cnotes would give me chills :)"
A chocolate brown skinned tone male states, "Because you didnt add the egg."
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin queries, "Who was Seymore?"
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin states, "Seymor"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes exclaims to a chocolate brown skinned tone male, "Everyone keeps saying to do that! But I don't want raw poultry eggs in my soup!"
Kinaed claims, "Okay, if the player heartbeat is done, that leads us to player discussion."
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair hides at the back of the crowd, trying to look all innocent and stuff.
Takta says to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "A mage who got up to some serious evil. *grin*"
Kinaed says, "I've got some nice notes here for Stortellers - the ability to delegate ST powers, the ability for STs to load and string mobs, the ability of STs to create roos."
Beronica "And love was his downfall.
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin peers around suspiciopusl
Kinaed questions, "What else would you guys like?"
Olivia raises hand, "I havehad plans to compile money and items for use in STs. I was going to suggest an honor system and certain keywords to make it easy to find the props if they go walkabout, but would it be possible to code in some kind of rental system?"
Takta claims, "The ST area has all the basic craftable items in it."
Kinaed wonders to Olivia, "What do you mean by a rental system?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Kinaed, "The Mook system."
Olivia wonders, "Oh, does it?"
Takta trails off, "So if we gave them oload too... obviously abusable, but..."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes sagenods.
Kinaed claims, "Oh yeah, Mooks."
Takta queries, "Mooks?"
Kinaed claims, "I think Mooks are still a ways off."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes sobs.
Kinaed states to Takta, "Mobs that players can program to do stuff, like spy."
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin claims, "Oooo."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "I wouldn't necessarily want it to be as in depth as that."
Kinaed states to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Herbalism and Places code are our next two big projects."
Olivia claims, "I'll check out the craftable system thing."
Takta claims to Kinaed, "Ahhhh."
A pale aquiline woman with a mass of fiery hair is idle.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "But Reeves, or Knights, patrolling the street would be cool."
Samantha states, "Crap looked away from the computer for 2 minutes and missed some seymor praising.. damn"
Kinaed states to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Yeah, that's on the list of things we want Mooks to do."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes nods.
A pale aquiline woman with a mass of fiery hair is no longer idle.
A pale aquiline woman with a mass of fiery hair has returned from AFK
Kinaed states, "We're also considering giving a room a "Patrolled" flag if Reeve/Knight players spend IP to set up a patrol."
Loken says, "Ya bloody mook"
Kinaed trails off, "That'd report things like magery or thief skills being used in the room..."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "Mooks, and county resources/noble powers are the two things I'm pretty ready to see. But, y'know, I'm a noble."
Kinaed claims, "But we're not looking at that stuff in the immediate future."
Takta claims, "I could make wandering patrol Reeves easy enough. The difficulty would be making them follow folks' orders."
Kinaed nods at a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states to Kinaed, "I don't think they should just report though - I think mobs should actually restrain anybody who starts combat or uses magery in those public areas."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Samantha states, "I think the patrolled bit would be really good"
Takta ponders.
Kinaed says, "That's something else they can do - we will probably have a deep talk about it in one of these chats when we're closer to development. Making notes now though."
Takta states, "Too difficult to make them attack people starting combat who are legit supposed to vs. not."
Lurks the Forums

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Temi questions, "We currently have lawful mobs reporting crimes, right?"
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Takta asks, "I.e., how do you differentiate between somebody getting robbed and somebody who's attacking a fugitive from justice?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says to Takta, "If they are legitly supposed to, as in a duel, they can go somewhere where there aren't patrols I would think."
Kinaed says, "Speaking of which - Takta, you said there was a Spirits of the Light church somewhere on grid? There's definitely one for the Cult of Ecstasy."
Takta says to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "I've been fighting people in public before because I didn't want them to get away, I mean."
Takta states, "Yes, there is a FOSOL worship place on-grid."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Takta, "Could implement a bounty system alongside it, so that any known criminals are auto-restrained."
Temi nods.
Kinaed states, "I'd like to have some mprogs in place that check a player's religion and give them information about where to go."
Temi says, "I added one in as one of my presents for Takta."
Loken says, "It would be interesting to limit the amount of Knight/Reeve patrols so that the respective guilds would have to be strategic with the placement
Takta asks of Kinaed, "Nudge that note on my board?
Kinaed nods at Takta.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes nods to Loken.
Alphos nods at Loken.
Kinaed nods at Loken.
Samantha states, "That would be nice to have kinaed..
Kinaed claims, "That's what spending influence for those items would be about."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says to Loken, "It's honestly one of the pieces of codes I'm most excited to see."
A fragile brunette lass with wide, honey-gold eyes has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Alphos declaims, "Anything that makes more stuff to micromanage!"
Kinaed grins at Alphos.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes declares, "Moreso, anything that makes this world a more realistic place to lose myself and have fun in!"
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin claims, "I've never seen that kind of thing in a MUD before."
Loken says, "Yeesh, anymore realistic and I'll probably never leave the computer."
Loken states, "Any more*"
Kinaed trails off to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "Right now, areas that are listed as 'public' or 'lawful' by room flag will report to the Knights and Reeves if any funny business happens in them. Guards typically only attack a player who is warranted..."
Takta states to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "We have a LOT of unique code."
Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Guards do attack and attempt to arrest warranted players, right?"
An oddly pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]
Loken states, "Knights don't get the notifications, I don't think. I've never seen one at least, and with the Order/Knight merge, yeah."
Kinaed has created a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears[1].
Takta claims to Kinaed, "Mobs with spec_guard do, I think. Not sure we have any spec_guards on grid."
Kinaed gives a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears to an oddly pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes.
Azarial claims, "Mmm/ i think mosr of the warrant related code was commented out"
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin questions, "Controversely, can the Brotherhood assign thieves to certain areas to steal goods? "
Alphos nods at Azarial.
Kinaed claims to Takta, "We probably should if southside is filled to the gills with Brotherhood members who will rob you blind and dump you naked."
Takta nods.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "That might be a whole nother piece of code, independant of a law system."
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin nods.
A blunt-featured woman with olive-toned skin is idle.
Takta states, "Put a bump on my board and I'll see what I can do with progs for wandering guards."
Samantha questions, "While we are on the topic of guards why is it that when you try to carry someone the npcs go crazy?
Loken says to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "There are some that do though, if you're unlucky enough to get beat up by the mobs Southside"
Kinaed states to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "At the moment, they exist, but the Brotherhood doesn't directly control them. I like that idea though - both Reeve guards and Thief gang members being purchasable and settable."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Azarial states, "Brbm hazmat"
Beronica states, "But one that could be based upon the guard prog."
Takta says to Samantha, "They were reacting to carry as if it were drag."
Takta claims, "Which was used to carry folks against their will."
Samantha claims, "Ok.. but you know you sometimes you can carry a person with their permission.."
Kinaed says, "Yeah, maybe we should refine carry and drag."
Takta claims, "I believe that bug is fixed now.
Takta states to Samantha, "But that's why it was a bug,.
Kinaed says, "Expand drag and have it always be what you use to take an unwilling victim.
Samantha claims, "Then again i haven't used the carry command in a long time.. guess i have to injure someone or make them sick to test it
Kinaed nods at Samantha
Kinaed states, "Check it out and let us know if the behavior is still undesirable.
Takta states to Kinaed, "Drag seems nonfunctional right now."
Kinaed states to Takta, "Oh boy. *makes notes*"
Temi says, "It works for heavy objects"
Temi states, "My Daravi peddler dragged his peddler's cart around.
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Takta says, "Yeah, the person-targeting drag, I mean."
Loken claims, "I had to use drag to carry Chipotle's dead corpse out of Southside"
Loken says, "RIP"
Katarina claims, "Lesse.."
Beronica states, "Afk a few, got my own hazmat situation."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes gives Loken a comforting pat.
Katarina stands up.
Beronica has gone AFK.
Madyriel hugs her Left Hand Oktoberfest.
Katarina says, "Aww, Loken you aren't here according to drag. Darn."
Loken says, "Can't drag the willing"
Kinaed trails off, "Of the code things we've discussed before, recognizing that Places and Herbalism are our current priorities... "
Ariel states, "Events Events Events Events Give me Events"
Kinaed claims, "What do you think should be in here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=656 <---"
Samantha turns to Kinaed "wait were you joking about me injuring someone and carrying them?" seems honestly confused
Kinaed claims, "Oh yeah, that one."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes wonders, "Events?"
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin raises an eyebrow.
Ariel states to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "An event scheduler that tags the where list with something to show there's an event happening."
Kinaed asks of a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "There's a new spec for Events that I passed to Az .. maybe the week before last week?"
Kinaed claims, "I'll post the spec on the forums."
Ariel claims, "I want it soooooo baaaaad."
Katarina grins at Loken.
Kinaed claims, "I thought, for some reason, that I had shown it to players. *headscratch*"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes declaims, "Aah. I thought you were saying that you wanted more!"
Temi states, "You linked it on the forums"
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Ariel says, "I also want more events."
Ariel states, "But I think the Event code would help. :D"
Kinaed states, "Maybe I only showed it to staff. Basically, players can use a POLCA to set up an event. Then, rather than using the IC_Event board, it shows in a calendar and will show up in login alerts. It will also show when an event is taking place on grid and where."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states to Ariel, "I actually think we could do with less events! Or maybe less large ones. I'd actually like to test out smaller uses of the ST code, really - kind of like we were talking about before."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Ariel, "Duo journeys to places not on grid yet. Kind of like three or four person DnD sessions."
Ariel states to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Yeah. It's totally doable for that, especially if we add the room function thing."
Kinaed states, "viewtopic.php?f=28&t=693 <-- this is what kicked off the idea, plus some stuff from Takta."
Kinaed claims, "I'll post the whole spec later.
Ariel says to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Let's take a bro-trip to the Orkin Woods."
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin claims, "Can someone boot me from the meeting? I have to leave soon, and I want to finish creating my character before I do."
Kinaed says, "Oh wait, the spec is in there, at the bottom."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes declares to Ariel, "Bro trip!"
Takta declares to a youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin , "Thanks for coming!"
A youthful, hazel-eyed lad with dusty-brown skin has been transferred out by Takta. [OOC
Samantha rubs at her chin.. the forgets this character does not have facial hair "Aww... But i may or may not have plans for a story revolving around lothos.."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Ariel, "I'll bring the beer, you bring the fishing poles."
Ariel claims to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "I AM a dirty Tubori, so: done."
Samantha states, "A dirty tubori sounds like a form of drink"
Takta questions to Kinaed, "Where you say 'domain games', Kin... are we still at all thinking of an asset system?"
Alphos says, "Lol"
Takta questions, "With spheres of influence?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says to Samantha, "And suddenly I want to make a bartender character."
Takta queries, "Or have we totally put that aside in favor of really focusing on domains as in territories?"
Kinaed states, "Yes, but I want it to be internal to Lithmore rather than about noble lands external to Lithmore."
A long-limbed young man sporting dark blond locks has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]
Alphos says, "I want a 'Fuzzy Hillman'"
Takta states, "Awesome. I prefer that focus myself."
Takta says, "Though I like people being able to own assets that give them income."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "Yeah. I'd like to buy a pub or something and just have it generate me revenue."
Samantha queries, "Internal to lithmore? are you meaning like the lithmore duchy or the city of lithmore?"
Alphos is excited
Kinaed claims, "I have some ideas around it, but I want to get some pointed things in that I think are high value to players right now."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "That'd be nice. A nice sink of money. Every game is doing it nowadays."
Takta nods.
Kinaed claims, "Herbalism is a majorly overlooked 'should be available in a game of intrique' system."
Takta claims, "I asked because I didn't know if assets needed to be on your priority list above and beyond domain games."
Kinaed says, "Places is to make large scenes more tolerable."
Takta says, "A bury revision sounds small but will be GREAT in terms of removing a major source of RPA."
Kinaed says, "Those things are so much more important than domain games for the moment."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "I'm still sad that the places code is a little more... 'up in your face'. But I suppose I've never really worked with a thing like that, so we'll see how it goes."
Samantha states, "I wish there was also an exhume command.. we have shovels but no use"
Kinaed states, "There is a bury revision already specced out. I can raise it in priority and put it up there."
Takta states to Samantha, "That'd be part of it."
Takta claims to Kinaed, "Oh, it's on the list."
Samantha claps hand together "Ah goody."
Kinaed states to Takta, "Yeah, but my question was a bit around which things are we doing that we ought to prioritize."
Azarial claims, "I am up to my tails in two year old. with a tude."
Takta says to Kinaed, "Ahh. I thought you were asking 'what wasn't on the list at all.'"
Alphos trails off, "Oh boy..."
Kinaed says, "We have a lot of ideas and a lot of code to get through, only one programmer. Kinda need to review what we're looking at."
Kinaed asks, "Is there anything that isn't on the list that players can think of?"
Kinaed claims, "There's some small stuff on the forums I need to sift through. I haven't actually had a look recently."
Takta wonders, "DG scripts?"
Kinaed blanches.
Takta wonders, "And should we talk support?"
Takta grins at Kinaed.
Kinaed claims, "Yeah."
Samantha sighs "my evil senses are tingling yet no evil characters... wait what is DG scripts?
Kinaed queries, "Support, sure.. what's going on with support?"
A chocolate brown skinned tone male is idle.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims to Kinaed, "Revisions should be priority, in my book. As much as I want new code, asset codes, domains, mooks, etc - I think getting the base to Az's liking would make everything a lot easier."
Takta queries, "Lots and lots of, uh, support for permanent supports. But let people know about the new support fix on the bugboard already?"
Takta nods at a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes.
Takta couldn't agree more with Cas. Fix what we got.
Kinaed states, "DG scripts is a game-side coding system for builders so staff like Az isn't required to code some things. It's a builder's wet dream."
Takta states, "Oh: ranged combat."
A pale aquiline woman with a mass of fiery hair is idle.
Kinaed claims to Takta, "Sure, go ahead and let them know about the support fix."
A chocolate brown skinned tone male is no longer idle.
A chocolate brown skinned tone male has returned from AFK.
Alphos nods at Takta.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes declaims, "DG scripts?!"
Kinaed makes a note of all topics that came up today.
Takta states, "So, for folks who wanted permanent support:"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes asks, "Like, mob scripts, and such, or is it something completely different?"
Kinaed claims to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "Exactly that. We've been pondering installing them."
Takta says, "We have a fix up right now, for when Az can get around to it, that will keep your support from expiring if you RP with the person you support even a pretty small amount."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "Yessssss."
Kinaed says, "The thing is, they're built on Circle MUD, but we're ROM."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes nods.
Takta claims, "So as long as you're genuinely interacting with someone, your support won't disappear, but will keep renewing."
Kinaed states, "So installation isn't straightforward, especially since we're a HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED ROM."
Takta queries, "Will this fix people's qualms about permanent supports?"
Takta states, "Er, or the lack thereof, I mean."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes wonders to Takta, "I'm not sure I like that... What if I'm a covert leader but want to support the Queen covertly - via my own private connections?"
Madyriel holds a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears in her hand.
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair nods, " Makes sense to have to rp with whom you support.
Holding a lumpy Daravi soldier doll aloft with one hand, Madyriel triumphantly pummels the doll in the face with her other, causing more stuffing to fly from the seams of its fraying turban.
Takta says to a trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes, "You can renew the support manually like currently."
Samantha claims, "Yeah i could support casimir but be scared shitless of his character.. support what he does but not the man himself"
Takta claims, "This is just about having them auto-renew."
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair hits Madyriel over the head with a lumpy Daravi soldier doll bearing numerous rips and tears.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes trails off, "Hrm..."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes questions, "And I can still stop supporting somebody at any time?"
Takta says, "I personally agree it'd probably be fine to just have permanent support, but there was concern about setting and forgetting."
Takta says, "Yes."
Takta muses, "Right now, you can add or remove a support at any time, but it will autoexpire every... month?"
Kinaed claims, "I think it's a month."
Samantha claims, "I thought it was every two weeks"
Takta claims, "This is solely about changing the auto-expiration if you're still RPing with the person you back."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "My concern have been mitigated, then. I like it."
Takta says, "It could be every two weeks."
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Takta doesn't remember.
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "Concerns**"
Kinaed claims, "We have 10 more minutes of OOC meeting."
Samantha states, "I have something to bring up kinaed"
Kinaed claims, "Right now, my notes look like:"
Kinaed muses, "NEvermind, I'll post them later. What's on your mind, Sam?"
Samantha muses, "Well a long, long time ago in a chat not so far away we had discussed ranged combat and how if you used a weapon in closer range than it was recommended it would do less damage.. has this seen any advancement in that field?"
Kinaed states, "No, no advancement, but it is on the list."
Kinaed says, "Temi was pondering having a battle, and we were pondering adding ranged combat to be tested in that battle."
Samantha nods "Welp that was the only thing i had to bring up..
Kinaed says, "But we didn't really advance it, sorry. I'll note that down also as part of the ranged combat review."
Takta claims, "Figuring out how to do ranged combat smoothly is a bit hard."
Temi nods.
Samantha nods
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes trails off, "Erhuhagfg...."
Temi claims, "At least in ways that encourage RP."
Azarial states, "Especially when there are two ideas that are called ranged combat."
Takta states, "How does it interface with defenses, how can it be balanced yet also realistic, etc."
Samantha states, "I think trim is having a seizure.."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "Lien actually has an alright system for it, I think. Might take a look at it later."
Kinaed nods at Azarial
Alphos queries to Azarial, "What do you mean?"
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair says, "Make every other round dedicated to reloading * sage nod*"
Azarial claims, "Bows, and adjusting how ranges work in combat now."
Kinaed queries, "Want to email or pboard me a summary of what their ranged combat system looks like and what you like/dislike about it, Cas?"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes says, "I only read her code update. I don't want to play the MUD, because then she'll rope me in >.>"
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes claims, "But sure."
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states, "Or I'll send the link and you can take a looksy."
Samantha claims, "Hmm.. i just had an interesting idea for a rp idea"
Kinaed wonders, "Someone told me she wasn't running a game atm. Is she?"
Kinaed states, "Maybe she's just not doing Dark Isles."
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair has to go afk for a few, may i be transed please?
An extremely tall vavardian male with auburn hair has been transferred out by Takta. [OOC]
Kinaed queries, "Anyone else thinking of anything they want to share or talk about?"
Takta claims, "I'm sleepy, I got nothin'."
Samantha shakes her head "I got notin."
Loken states, "Drawing blanks
A blunt-featured woman with olive-toned skin has left the game.
Kinaed smiles.
Temi claims, "Have fun with the end of the Daravi stuff."
Kinaed states, "Okay, well, we can socialize for another 5 minutes, or we can start putting people back so you can get into your RP."
Samantha turns to Loken "You should speak to your doctor about that.. Your too young for that."
Loken states, "Sure, go ahead and trans me so I can roleplay a sleeping Loken *This is an invitation for rp guys*"
Kinaed smiles.
Loken has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes states to Temi, "Personally I don't think there is a good way to do ranged combat and encourage immediate RP - like combat emotes do."
Kinaed claims, "Thanks for coming everyone! Until next week."
Takta says, "Well, our ranged would be within the room."
Takta says, "To avoid those problems."
Lurks the Forums

Applesauce

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Voxumo wrote:A trim Lithmorran male with gray-blue eyes nods at Takta. "And create areas, maybe in a random 1000 vnum area - five rooms per story unless otherwise requested."
Takta says, "I've got a good basic set of mobs in the area."
Alphos states, "That would be great Takta. One big thing I would like to do as a ST is make quick disposable rooms."
Olivia came up with an idea for this a while back, basically putting in rooms that just had generic names (sort of like the "Traveling Outside of Lithmore" rooms), but with no description at all. Then you can set an IC room name and full room description using the mood command, and BOOM instant building powers without dealing with building permissions or learning new commands.

• Information