Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Staff Topics
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Maxwell says to Jester, "It must become our mascot."

Jester stops using a gaily-clad, button-eyed jester puppet with its own puppet.
Jester holds a stuffed pig made of pink cotton and dressed in Reeve garb in her hand.

A stuffed pig made of pink cotton and dressed in Reeve garb oinks when Jester squeezes it.

Maxwell claims, "Peter the Justice Pig."

Kinaed says, "Apparently these are very popular in Lithmore right now :)"

Beronica glances over to Casimir. "I made 100 of these by hand..."

Safir opens a neatly woven, deep wicker basket tied with a pink ribbon.

Safir gets a stuffed pig made of pink cotton and dressed in Reeve garb from a neatly woven, deep wicker basket tied with a pink ribbon.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone want to add anything to the agenda to make sure it is discussed by end of meeting?"

Lei states, "Oh my god. I love it."

Tristana opens a neatly woven, deep wicker basket tied with a pink ribbon.

Casimir pontificates to Beronica, "I have no need for your triffling dolls!"

Beronica states, "Er...Actually only 50 then I had to retool all of them."

Meranda claims, "Yay agenda.. and yah i am logging this meeting now"

Casimir declaims, "Harumph!"

Maxwell claims to Lei, "LEI. LEI IT'S OUR NEW MASCOT PLEASE"

Kinaed states to Meranda, "Thank you. I think I owe you QP for the last one, actually."

Meranda claims, "Suppose to be yay.. not yah"

Lei gives Maxwell boogies.

Lei states, "Boogies. ..autocorrect. <.<"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if no one is adding to the agenda... I shall begin."

Meranda says, "And yeah kinaed but i was not really going to say anything about that"

Lei claims, "NOOGIES."

Argider has returned from AFK.

Beronica trails off, "I'm talking about the baskets..."

Kinaed claims, "Firstly, I'd like to thank all of the players who took the time to arrange and run an event in the last week. Thank you sincerely for your efforts. The staff are delighted to hear that everyone's been having so much fun, and really, it was all through your own hard work."

Jester applauds from her pile of pillows.

Aios cheers!

Lei claims, "Running and arranging is nothing without participation. Everyone's been AMAZING."

Meranda claps for those who ran events

Loken has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a neatly woven, deep wicker basket tied with a pink ribbon to Loken.

Loken states, "Yo-- oh cool a basket"

Loken opens a neatly woven, deep wicker basket tied with a pink ribbon.

Kinaed claims to Lei, "I agree, I've seen people prepare events and become discouraged when few people participated."

Kinaed says, "Anyway, thank you everyone who ran something or participated, and generally made TI sparkle in the last week or so."

Casimir states, "Shine bright like a diamond."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male glares at Casimir.

Cellan says, "I should say thank you, on behalf of both Gavin and I, actually. You guys really ran with our initial idea. We'll have to prepare a big thank you."

Meranda stuffs her pockets with rainbows and diamonds

Jester declares, "Really fun times!"

Kinaed says, "Now for my update - I've been very busy irl with my new job. It's great, but it's not TI. :) Due to that, however, I've pretty much done the bare minimum of logging in, reading board posts, validating player recommends, and coordinating the other staff. I've done very little design work, etc."

Kinaed claims, "Next week - I'm not sure what that will look like."

Lei whispers to Cellan, 'I'll have a pile of gold to give you, too. That'll be fun.'

Lei waggles eyebrows at Cellan.

Aios claims to Lei, "Mmhmm."

Kinaed states, "I have worked out some succession plans if anything happens and I disappear. In that instance, Temi is job sharing my Implementorship. She will only step in if I go AWOL, however."

Cellan grins at Lei.

Kinaed says, "That's it for me."

Kinaed states, "Mady, you're up."

Madyriel nods at Kinaed.

Meranda nods "Good to hear kinaed."

Lei says, "To kin ack. We hope that doesn't happen."

Jester claims, "Nevertheless, nice with a new job, good luck with it. :) "

Kinaed nods at Lei.

Casimir trails off, "Temi might let me get away with more..."

Casimir ponders.

Kinaed says, "Me too, but there's only so many hours in a day, and I have responsibilities irl that I can't let go (feeding/roofing children, mostly)"

Madyriel claims, "Aside from my usual behind-the-scenes work, I've been slowly but surely updating the content on the website. It's going to take a while - there's a LOT to update, but it's coming along. Right now I'm fiddling with a slider that will showcase the game's best features on the front page."

Madyriel states, "Instead of the usual wall of text and static play link that display there."

Kinaed nods at Madyriel.

Jester questions, "A slider?"

Meranda nods slowly "Souds good."

Casimir declares to Madyriel, "Should have a slider of our cool quotes, too!"

Kinaed had to ask Madyriel what a slider is, and therefore is very happy that someone more skilled than she is doing the website.

Madyriel states, "It's like a slideshow that pops up with captions and links."

Madyriel says, "Very sleek looking."

Jester says, "I see."

Madyriel claims to Kinaed, "But that's it for me."

Lei states, "Awesome. Sounds fantastic."

Kinaed says to Delilah, "You're up."

Kinaed says, "... she might be AFK though."

Madyriel snuggles up to Cellan.

Casimir sneezes loudly.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'm going to assume Delilah is AFK as she's flagged *cough*"

Meranda lays her head on the edge of martini glass "Dav not bless you casimir."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, so that brings us to Player Heartbeat. How's the RP been lately?"

Casimir states, "Pfft. Dav blesses me so much, I'm drowning in it."

Aios claims, "Super awesome."

Loken says, "Decent when I can find it."

Beronica offers Casimir a hanky. "Keep it."

Kinaed says, "Good stuff to hear."

Lei states, "I had a lot of RP time this week and got to poke my fingers in lots of pies."

Jester states, "The golden week worked well."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone happy to drag Loken kicking and screaming into their plots?"

Tristana claims, "Great RP around me on like...4 fronts. Or more. I've even engaged in RP which requires interaction from multiple parties. It should be interesting. "

Casimir claims, "I love dragging people into my plots."

A person wearing a hooded cloak of black linen, dramatically full in its cut states, "Transfer me out, please."

Kinaed says to Casimir, "Excellent."

A person wearing a hooded cloak of black linen, dramatically full in its cut has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Meranda rolls her eyes "Yeah.. i have decided i am cursed when trying to get nobles and gls support.. but besides that i am good.. and for loken.. i had one plot but it is on stand still right now."

Lei claims, "Me and Loken have a sort of plot rolling. :D Looking forward to it."

Tristana claims to Casimir, "Ohhh Myyyy"

Kinaed claims to Loken, "Try hooking up with Casimir."

Kinaed nods at Lei.

Kinaed claims, "Sweet."

Beronica states to Casimir, "I jump into your plots."

Casimir states, "I'm collecting a whole list of STPs that I'll fire off eventually."

Kinaed wonders, "What is an STP?"

Loken claims, "Oh I've been thrust into a few plots, I'm sure things'll pick up. I need to stop being an introvert"

Kinaed smiles at Loken.

Tristana states, "I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered that, and if i need to consult a physician about an ointment or something for it."

Casimir claims, "Story Teller plots. STE wasn't picking up."

Kinaed laughs.

Casimir claims, "STE = Story Teller Events."

Lei claims to Loken, "May I add: it's SO GOOD having you back around again."

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

A chocolate brown skinned tone male declares, "I am enjoying the RP I am getting!"

Loken exclaims, "To lei D'aw, I didn't even know people felt that way. I'm doing my best to stick around!"

Argider shows Loken a carefully-drawn map on a rolled sheet of vellum.

Loken groans

Kinaed queries, "That's great to hear. Well, it seems like that covers most of the first bits of the agenda. My favorite part has arrived - player topics. Anything you guys want to discuss?"

Lei hugsnugs Loken.

Tristana claims, "I'd just like to note, I feel like i'm continually setting down into the role of your financial overlord and masters, I have more ideas and plans I'd love to implement, but I don't feel as rushed about it this week. I'm happier to be pursuing RP with groups and individuals, fuelling stuff that way. I'll poke policy and stuff at admin level as I get the chance. "

Kinaed declares, "Don't say no - we have 40 minutes left!"

Lei declares, "I have something!"

Loken claims, "I'm sure I'll have tons of stuff to say next weekend"

Kinaed muses to Lei, "Yes, ma'am? What's on your mind?"

Lei muses, "Can we get cyan-colored update notifications on the gnote lists when gnotes are updated? Like the rumor list has?"

Meranda pats Tristana on the back "And your doing a great job of being magnate.. just had to say that."

Lei nods agreement with Meranda.

Kinaed states to Lei, "Mind putting that suggestion up on the forums? I think it'd be good, yes, but I'm not in a position to record it properly for implementation right here and now."

Meranda coughs "Grand magnate."

Kinaed nods at Tristana.

Lei says, "I would love to."

Jester states, "I have a troub-specific pondering."

Kinaed claims, "I've had a lot of good feedback about Tristana as GM. Thanks for taking up that flag, Trist."

Kinaed claims to Jester, "Happy for you to bring it up here."

Meranda ponders.. "I don't give enough recomendations."

Jester claims, "I should probably put it up on the forum as a suggestion, but since troubs see all rumors it would be nice with some more ways for us to list and manage them. Something like purchase all would be nice, or a way to mark all as viewed (when you've been away for a little and come back)"

Jester says, "Or for that matter something similar to board read unread, but for rumors."

Jester states, "As said, this is very troub specific."

Meranda says, "Jester brings up a great point.. i think that would be good for everyone.. not just troubadours"

Kinaed nods at Jester.

Kinaed questions, "Please add that, like Lei's suggestion, to the forums?"

Selfnods, guess it's not only troubs no. I'll add it.

Jester nods, guess it's not only troubs no. I'll add it.

Safir gets a handful of silver coins from a braided leather belt interwoven with dangling bone charms.

Safir strikes up a conversation with a giant stuffed teddybear.

Jester wonders why she is not having a conversation with a giant teddybear.

Meranda trails off, "Yeah... i am trying to think of something to bring up but i am drawing a blank"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed trails off, "I have something..."

Jester says, "One question more from me later."

Meranda questions, "And what is your question kinaed?"

Meranda smirks

Kinaed claims, "I've received a tell asking me to remind people to be careful about their 'leaps in logic'. Especially when those leaps in logic have to do with OOC information. "

Meranda questions, "Leaps in logic?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm afriad if I use this example, I might shame someone, which isn't my intent, but basically, if you know something OOC, you need to be very, very careful about whether or not you can assume that some evidence you found IC might really mean that and using it."

Meranda states, "Oh that.. ok"

Lei nods.

Casimir states to Meranda, "Basically, if I know Ariel is a mage OOCly but Casimir doesn't I better have clear cut cause-effect, and evidence, that Casimir would actually know before I jump to it."

Beronica nods to Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, and I'd want to see desc notes."

Casimir says, "Which, if you're using cnotes right, shouldn't be a problem. It just gets tricky for the more investigative types, I've noticed."

Beronica asks, "You mean cnotes?"

Meranda states, "Oh i know what it is casimir.. i just never heard it called leap of logic"
Madyriel says to Kinaed, "Cnotes."

Madyriel grins at Kinaed.

Casimir says, "Ariel is a mage, by the by, guys."

Kinaed claims, "Because if I get something like "I assumed that Bob was a mage because I saw him wearing a magey-symbol" I'm going to ask why your character would know that's a magey symbol, for example."

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "Everyone knows it, we just don't talk about it. :P"

Lei grins at Kinaed.
Lurks the Forums

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Kinaed states, "Likewise, if it's particularly spurious, and I get a complaint, you'll get in trouble. I don't like to see 'suppositions' as the basis for a PK or possible PK."

Meranda nods "Still waiting for the day i break a mage in interrogation." Smirks and waves a fine walking cane, resembling the conflagration of a pyre about

Kinaed says, "In particular, we scrutinize leaps of logic that can get someone killed, so anything that has high danger IC information, make sure it's justified by more than just circumstance."

Kinaed nods at Meranda.

Maxwell states, "I'm waiting for the day that someone confesses to me to be a mage, and expects me to be caring and understanding and I just end up breaking their jaw in a few places and arrest them."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that's enough on that. Lei?"

Kinaed smiles at Maxwell.

Lei points at Jester.

Casimir claims to Maxwell, "And then they shoot you with lightning."

Kinaed wonders, "Oh, Yay?"

Jester claims, "I've been seeing a strange ANSI weirdness since I got back to TI, notably a strong white color to the right of speech in emotes. Basically the emote goes from normal colour, then white in the speech, and outside it (other ANSI markers like language works). It's rather subtle at times so I'm not sure if this is only me. I don't remember noticing this using the same client with TI earlier."

Kinaed states, "(rhyming peoples)"

Tristana claims, "One day, I'm going to get someone to RP teaching me about Davism, the Lord, the history, the how's and why's the saints, and the Inquisitor gang signs "

Maxwell queries to Casimir, "Pffft. ONLY LIGHTING?"

Maxwell says, "It's gonna take more then a few billion volts to make a Watt, baby."

Loken states to Maxwell, "I've had a couple people come to me icly about being a mage >.> They just wanted to off their chars though."

Kinaed muses, "I've noticed nothing like that. Have you changed your client or has your client been updated?"

Casimir states to Maxwell, "Damn you're good. >.>"

Tristana exclaims to Maxwell, "But it only takes one night for you to get a charge! ba-dum ching!"

Lei claims, "To flimsy I haven't had any of that issue either.

Maxwell claims to Tristana, "PFfft.

Kinaed makes the Sign of the Chalice.

Jester claims, ""I use tintin++, one of the more venerable clients around I think. It's certainly possible something changed in it. Just interested in hearing if others see it. "

Kinaed claims, "Yo."

Kinaed nods at Jester.

Meranda says, "I have never seen it jester"

Jester says, "Seems not. It sounds strange that ANSII leakage would be client specific though. "

Kinaed says, "Sorry, I don't think I can assist. Maybe switch to MUSHClient (I hear that's popular) or C/ZMud"

Meranda currently uses Mushclient

Loken says, "MUDlet is pretty decent"

Jester only uses terminal-based clients. :)

Maxwell claims, "Auugh, brb."

Maxwell has left the game.

Kinaed states, "It's not that it's client specific, it's that it's probably how your client is displaying the codes, which is client specific. TI can only put out the codes, the client has to interpret and display them."

Meranda claims, "Although mushclient has so many features that i have no idea how to use and am afraid to touch"

Kinaed says, "Unless we all see it, it'll have to be client side."

Tristana says, "I do wonder if there's a way to copy and pull out color codes and repaste keeping the color codes, instead of having to manually play color code surgery."

Kinaed states to Tristana, "ZMUD/CMUD have that capability."

Kinaed states, "I don't know about other clients."

Tristana questions, "MUSHclient?"

Madyriel states, "Only ZMUD, actually."

Madyriel says, "CMUD, sadly, did not carry over that functionality."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed uses ZMUD and just assumed.

Tristana claims, "D'aww. I love MUSH Client too much, it'd be like...asking a vi user to use emacs."

Meranda asks, "Is zmud a free client?"

Beronica says, "I use the link provided from the website to work out color codes."

Kinaed says to Meranda, "No, and it's depreciated."

Kinaed states, "CMUD replaces it, costs $25 or so, I think>"

Meranda states, "Ah.. then i will be keeping mushclient.."

Jester says, "ANSI codes are highly standardized. The colour the client shows may vary but the ANSII markers are not. Ah well. "

Beronica states, "But it is a lifetime license. I've used it on several other computers before."

Tristana says, "Might be able to work something out in MUSHClient using reg exp's"

Kinaed questions, "Maybe try another client and see if you still see the problem, Yay?"

Jester states, "I might. I doubt the linux terminal would have issues with ANSII, but who knows. :) "

Kinaed says, "No idea myself."

Kinaed claims, "It's also strange that it's new."

Beronica asks, "I wonder if it is someone using {w instead of {x at the end of item strings?"

Loken states, "The NSA could have something to do with it. eah I went there.]"

Kinaed states, "I think we auto-add {x even if a person forgets, but I could be wrong."

Victyr says to Beronica, "It's actually recommended to use w instead of x, unless that's changed recently"

Meranda states, "No.. it does not add because i have had that issue before"

Jester rubs her temple. "Hmm", she ponders.

Kinaed states, "We recommend {x, not {w."

Kinaed claims, "I have no idea where {w would have come from."

Jester claims, "My previous emote features 'she ponders' as full white."

Jester claims, "For me. "

Beronica says, "It only does that with speech, but tooled items need the {x after them so that the color will not expand to the rest of the emote."

Victyr claims to Kinaed, "May want to update help color then, it says the opposite, that's what I've always done since reading it"

Kinaed states, "I haven't seen a speech issue, but I'll ask Az to check that it's terminating on {x instead of {w or {x"

Kinaed says, "I know Az did make a recent update to speech at someone's request, but I'm not sure what it was."

Kinaed nods at Victyr.

Jester rubs her temple. "Hmm", this part (after the speech) appears in white for me.

Meranda thinks to herself, "test"

Kinaed states, "I don't see anything about {w to end clothing strings, just during."

Safir says, "Looks the same to me."

Jester questions, "Maybe a difference in what 'default' colour is?"

Beronica says, "I think that is definitely client side. The coloring was not different for me."

Victyr claims to Kinaed, "Ah, maybe it was an assumption on my part"

Jester rubs her temple. "Hmm", testing other language.

Kinaed states, "Could be. Default color is client side."

Cellan queries, "Can i get transed out?"

Jester muses, "So, is speech setting the colour back to default or back to white?"

Kinaed queries, "We have 15 minutes. I have to head off pretty directly at the end of this meeting- party to go to. Anyone have anything else to chat about?"

Casimir claims, "Ditto on the trans."

Cellan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Casimir has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Lei claims, "I'm good to go too, if we're done with topics. :)"

Kinaed claims, "I think it'd set it back to default."

Meranda trails off, "I got nothing on my end..."

Lei has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Safir claims, "I'm good."

Kinaed says, "I made a mistake when I originally transed a lot of people, so I think I'm going to shift the whole room at once. Sorry, guys."

Kinaed declares, "Thank you for attending!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information