Log of OOC Meeting (1/20/24)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

vivalavictoria

Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Temi muses, "Alright, continuing on, our agenda for the day, as per normal, is: 1) staff updates, 2) player heartbeat and 3) player topics. Does anyone have any topics that you want to get on the list already?"

Temi states, "Okay, if no one has anything, we can continue on. If you think of something, feel free to let me know and I'll get you on the list."

Temi has transferred Musketeer. [OOC]

Temi gives a chunk of smooth, pale green jade bearing fine patternings to Musketeer.

Temi declaims, "So, staff updates!"

Temi states, "Ghed has officially stepped onwards, but I think he's still on discord for now if anyone wants to send thank yous or wish him well."

Temi claims, "I know Maeve has been helping out with some standard request stuff and getting up to speed on how the staff commands all work"

Temi claims, "And Eurus has been around a bit more, but I'm not sure of any specific projects at the moment - I'll let him speak for himself next he's here."

Temi claims, "For myself, the biggest focus has been the crusade and getting updates out to all of you every day. We'll have another rollover tomorrow, which I think will be the final one at this point, unless folks want to drive for more supplies, which is certainly an option."

Temi wonders, "But I do think we want to move towards getting people back on grid. How's everyone feeling about everything?"

Temi claims, "I've definitely noticed updates have gone down some this week"

Gwenda wonders, "Updates?"

Temi finishes abruptly, "On the crusade side - commands for the armies and such"

Temi has transferred Taxius. [OOC]

Temi gives a chunk of smooth, pale green jade bearing fine patternings to Taxius.

Dalton has lost link.
Dalton has reconnected.

Ikeala asks, "This might be a spoiler type question but, will the King be making any big moves etc? Or does that remain to be seen with player action?"

Dalton says, "Had to connect on my kindle"

Dalton states, "Have a keyboard for it"

Temi asks of Taxius, "Hey there, was just asking people about how they were feeling about the crusade stuff and it winding towards the end, probably?"

Nevermore says, "I am not a commander but I do know that commanders have been pretty busy with IRL, as far as I am aware. @Temi"

Temi states to Ikeala, "I've got some rules for him, which may come into play, but not anything that for sure will happen"

Viper says, "I just want to apologize again to all of you. IRL smacked me in the face - and while it has been good stuff it has still drawn my focus away. So my apologies to all of you, especially Temi as she put a lot effort into it."

Viper states, "I intended to be really invested into this."

Viper says, "I still do if possible "

Taxius says, "Hmm. I would like to get the Fleet to take more cities, but we are unsure if we can hold Queen's Landing and it would be bad if we lose it due to splitting up."

Temi claims to Viper, "Feel free to let us know if you want someone else to step up to help assist you on things, but certainly happy for you to do what you can"

Dalton trails off, "I came back to work when it started so my focus has been away... I go back Tuesday though"

Nevermore claims, "There is no shame in this Viper."

Temi states to Taxius, "Certainly a choice to be made"

Nevermore states, "Besides, those soldiers aren't real people, they don't exist, and they don't have families."

Nevermore chortles

Rambling claims, "Neither do we"

Temi finishes abruptly to Taxius, "Though remember that there are scouts which can get more info - I have noticed they haven't been utilized much"

Dalton claims, "Once I return home I can start tossing more stuff to the Crusade and those who need it."

emote didnt think all the rations she made would get used up so quick!

Paprika didnt think all the rations she made would get used up so quick!

PositronicJune is idle.

Temi declares to Paprika, "They definitely put together a lot of troops!"

Viper claims to Temi, "I will note you on stuff today. Thankfully today is not a busy day for me and I can relax on my backside on my own couch a bit"

Temi grins at Viper.

Temi states, "Sounds good."

PositronicJune is no longer idle.

PositronicJune has returned from AFK.

Nevermore claims, "As someone who grew up playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Civ games, I would absolutely love to be a commander, unfortunately there is no IC reason for the character to be a commander, which is a shame."

Temi claims, "If you wanted, there's the possibility of you being an NPC commander"

Nevermore claims, "Otherwise.. That crusade would barely last a month."

Dalton states, "I am the same Nevermore."

Temi wonders, "If any of the existing ones could use some help?"

Viper has lost link.
Viper has reconnected.

Nevermore says, "Oh you can be an NPC commander? Sounds cool to me. It IS however a final month and the ratiosn are getting used up already, I feel."

Viper states, "...well"

Viper says, "We shall see."

Dalton trails off, "More rations can be made..."

Nevermore trails off, "Well, not the final month... But..."

Nevermore trails off, "Yeah..."

Temi says, "I know Theodora has been putting in the commands for her brother being the commander"

Dalton trails off, "That is so dangerous..."

Temi states, "But we're happy to be flexible as to what works best for your rp"

Temi claims, "If you're interested, feel free to put your hand up and we can check in with the current commanders"

Dalton states, "He's one of those guys... you're glad hes on your side. But at what cost"

Rambling salutes Commander dul Arcenant

Temi questions, "Any other thoughts or questions on the crusade stuff?"

Gwenda says, "I was wondering how one is actually meant to engage with the crusade. I do not really know how to incorporate my character into this plotline so I've been struggling to gain exp/generally remain rpactive due to just straight up not being sure how locate other PCs. "

Gwenda says, "I probably should've asked this like 4 weeks ago but I've been busy on saturdays"

Temi grins at Gwenda.

Temi declaims, "Always feel free to ask questions at other times! Of me directly or on visnet/ooc, depending on the sort of question"

Dalton wonders, "Could I take control of some? Any can someone instruct me how to do such here?"

Temi claims, "RP in the city has been a bit slower, so that makes things a bit tough, but I've still seen people gathering at some of the big spots like Queen's Inn and such"

Temi claims, "You could also do a notify rp to try to gather folks in to you"

Nevermore states, "The way I do it is I just Notify other characters and if they're available for RP, I send them a message. @Gwenda"

Temi states, "Or post a pboard to folks who you are interested in rping with"

Musketeer wonders, "So uh, Crusade question. What's the King up to?"

Viper says, "Storming Sands Fortress"

Temi nods at Viper.

Gwenda states, "Perhaps it's been betteri n the last week or so it just feels weird to directly bug people for RP. I want to blame my schedule more than anything else, idk, every time I log in there's like 5 people and 3 of them are in the war camp"

Viper claims, "It has just taken a little while to get there"

Temi claims, "If you wanted to be involved crusade side, you can go to the camp for rp, either as a soldier or camp follower or otherwise."

Nevermore states, "Gwenda, you are not bugging people for RP, since most of them are facing the same issues as you."

Gwenda says, "Which comes up to how precisely one does that "

Ikeala states, "Take the exit outside of the East Gate."

Kalana says, "I've tried to be around some, though definitely seeing less people around myself. And just popped, so that added some additional challenges"

Gwenda questions, "Popped?"

Kalana claims, "New baby"

Gwenda says, "Oh congrats"

Viper rubs his hands together.

Temi states, "But yeah, there's a convoy out the east gate if you wanted to travel to the war camp"

Ikeala claims, "Also if you are in the city and want/need someone to RP with, I can provide a bit though caveat emptor and all that."

Temi states, "It's instantaneous, but just RP that it took a while, and we'll ignore times not quite matching up"

Temi grins at Ikeala.

Nevermore claims, "The lack of communication is also another issue, but it's been mostly alleviated since it was last brought up."

Temi states, "Good, I'm glad to hear that"

Nevermore declares, "@Ikeala Oh, a new RP partner, so cool!! (clueless)"

Viper claims, "I will be better in that regard as well. Communication. There are times I pop on for a quick check and forget to get back to things."

Temi muses, "Well, I think we already half-transitioned to player heartbeat already. Anything else about how RP has been this week for folks?"

Dalton says, "Ikeala is awesome. Great. Just love the fiery red motif."

Nevermore claims, "Mostly sending letters, like, a lot of letters."

Temi grins at Nevermore.

Temi states, "There's value in that"

Rambling says, "I am in the position once again where I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I must cnote."

Eeel says, "I miss ghed :( That's my player heartbeat input"

Nevermore states, "Some RP sprinkled in between, but mostly letters."

Dalton claims, "I... started a new position... There should be an IC board post for it soonish."

Temi comforts Eeel.

Temi states to Dalton, "Ah, yes, need to get to that."

Nevermore says, "Almost out of Cyan too, pretty hyped about that."

Rambling claims, "And that too, Ghed were there when I did nothing but resist the renegade prompts he gave me."

Temi declaims to Rambling, "Feel free to ask if you're not sure!"

Nevermore claims to Temi, "There is value in letters! But it feels like middle ages version of staying home and texting on the internet instead of going outside and talking to people."

Nevermore chortles

Temi grins at Nevermore.

Rambling muses to Temi, "Only if every option you give me makes me a worse person in character, okay?"

Nevermore claims, "At least with the frequency of the letters I sent, I think I've hit 3 letters per day minimum at one point."

Temi claims to Rambling, "Oh, I love giving hard choices with no good options"

Dalton says, "Before it gets too late... Just remember! Give your Merchants business! We want to make things for people."

Rambling states, "Make some of the bad options !!!FUN!!! and we're going to get along."

Kalana declaims, "Certainly!"

Temi exclaims to Rambling, "Always!"

PositronicJune claims, "We- I mean they also want your silver"

Temi grins.

Temi asks, "Alright, anything bugging anyone about the game that we haven't already touched on?"

Dalton says, "I mean... maybe. But that's neither here or there."

Temi muses, "Alright, not hearing anything. I don't have any topics on the list yet. Has anyone thought of anything?"

Dalton declares, "Remember to recommend players!"

Nevermore declares, "And remember to cnote your discoveries!"

Dalton pontificates, "That!"

Temi pontificates, "I did get a mention from Theodora that she's running a story - there's a knight to be rescued and all!"

Temi states, "But feel free to reach out to her if you're interested and haven't done anything yet"

Temi claims, "I assume if you'e already reached out, she knows."

Dalton says, "I... will unfortunately not be around for it. But I will be sending help,"

Temi states, "And yes, recommend and cnote discoveries."

Temi grins.

Musketeer says, "Does that include bacon? Could definitely go for bacon."

Temi grins at Musketeer.

Temi muses, "Well, bacon is kind of a preserved meat for rations?"

Nevermore states, "I only wish I could go to events without having to sacrifice my sleep schedule."

Temi muses to Nevermore, "What's your usual schedule system time?"

PositronicJune is idle.

Nevermore says, "...so I'm GMT+1, and I'm usually on from like, 4 PM to 12."

Nevermore states, "Depends on the time of day."

Dalton claims, "I wish I could RP without needing to use a Kindle with a wifi hotspot... But we sacrifice much for RP."

Temi nods.

Nevermore says, "But usually afternoon to early midnight."

Dalton claims, "But that will be better soonish at least,"

Dalton states, "Also. I enjoy the scenes we get when we can."

Temi wonders, "So, 11 am to 7pm or so system time?"

Dalton pokes nevermore.

Temi claims, "That's definitely been a pretty common time for weekend events, though would be tough on week days"

Musketeer asks, "Mind sending me back down?"

Musketeer has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Nevermore states, "Ehh, more or less, right now it's going to be event from 1 AM to... 6 AM my time, if I stay ALL the way."

Nevermore trails off, "And I can't afford that..."

Temi nods at Nevermore.

Temi states, "The Sunday ones might map up better"

Nevermore claims, "Likely."

Temi says, "But we've had things before OOC Chat before too, not always after"

Temi questions, "In any case - anything else from anyone before I send you guys back?"

Nevermore claims, "I also been meaning to run plots myself but the schedule, the effort it takes to learn do keep me out of it, I do like being a DM however."

Clover pontificates, "Not from me!"

Temi says to Nevermore, "If you want to run STs, we do have a tutorial if you haven't seen it"

Nevermore states, "I have, my brain does have a few issues comprehending information right away though."

Temi nods. "That's perfectly alright. Feel free to give it some sample tries, and if you warn people it's your first and you're learning, they'd likely be agreeable about that too

Dalton states, "I also enjoy being a DM. I am one of the forever DMs. Sometimes get to be a player which is fun though."

Temi grins.

PositronicJune claims, "I'd be a ST if I could come up with stories"

Temi states, "Alright. Well, I think that's all we've got for now. I'll go ahead and send folks back"

PositronicJune says, "Free me"

Temi waves.

• Information