Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Misfit

Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:42 pm

Edison states, "I can if no one else needs the QP :O"

Ghed nods.

Ghed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe

Ghed says, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed pontificates, "It's just me this time!"

Dalton gets a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

Edison gets a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

Blueberries and fresh, warm cake are joined by a sweet sugariness.

Ghed states, "I did very little this week because my mom was visiting me in eastern europe, all the
way from the Americas, so I spent most of my time with her, or resting from the experience."

Ghed states, "Add to that some RL work and some general tiredness (unrelenting slavic snow really
tires one out) and you get a quiet Ghed"

Brando claims, "Very good Ghed "

Ghed says, "I tried to do requests and recommends, I'm lagging in a few places and a plot or two.
But many plots are stuck in 'Draft' so no sweat."

Ghed says, "Thanks! I graduated from my masters too this week so there was that as well."

Edison says, "All hail Master Ghed"

Brando states, "Congrats"

Ghed says, "Thanks folks"

Ghed has transferred PositronicJune. [OOC]

PositronicJune gets a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

Brando holds a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight in her hand.

Ghed states, "On the other hand I workshopped with Temi about the crusade plot, as some of the
appointed army leaders dropped off for various reasons including sheer, unbelievably bad luck"

Brando stops using a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

Ghed claims, "So we're figuring out a way forward as this show should be on the road already. And I
think we're making progress again."

Brando states, "Coolio"

Ghed says, "So I wanna thank you all for the patience -- your crafting madness will not go to
waste."

Brando states, "Great"

Ghed pontificates, "That's all from us this week!"

Ghed wonders, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

PositronicJune claims, "Quiet."

Jiraiya says, "Quiet"

Brando claims, "No RP all week for me ... i hope to get some in after this meeting ok."

Dalton states, "Little bit quiet honestly."

Gwenda states, "Got confirmation of a raise and permanent weekday shift after two years and change
of weekend nights. Haven't been free to play though, as weekday work has been FIERCE"

Edison says, "I messaged Ghed with the specifics, but I had a very, very, strange weekend"

Ghed questions to Gwenda, "Congrats?"

Gwenda declaims, "It's great!"

Gwenda claims, "I love money and being awake during the day"

PositronicJune states, "I wish I had money"

Ghed claims, "It's been quieter for sure, and I can't blame the holidays this time *shakes fist*"

Ghed says, "Everyone was holding their breath and suddenly we were out of leader PCs. Hot diggity
damn."

Edison says, "Don't do that Ghed, you'll be visited by three christmas ghosts"

Ghed states, "We're adapting about it."

Ghed says, "With that said I've seen a lot of flicker logging -- understandable, but it really
doesn't contribute to people wanting to stay, which keeps the who list down, which keeps flicker
logging, which keeps the who list down."

Jiraiya claims, "O"

Dalton trails off, "So..."

Ghed questions to Dalton, "Yep?"

Jiraiya says, "I'll try to flicker less"

Dalton states, "How would I go about helping with the thing. I can't see Dalton being a leader."

Dalton states, "But I feel like we need people for it."

Ghed exclaims, "Thank you so much for volunteering!"

Ghed states, "I can dm you later about it, as it's usually tailored to the specific PC"

Ghed muses, "Is that acceptable?"

Dalton claims, "If I can help I can try."

Ghed claims, "That's very nice of you"

Ghed muses, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Dalton states, "I go back to work on Tueday and I will be there til the day after christmas"

Ghed nods at Dalton.

Gwenda states, "Is this the player topics section I don't go to a lot of these"

PositronicJune claims, "Does the absence of padded armor like gambesons count"

Dalton trails off, "Uh..."

PositronicJune muses, "What?"

Dalton says, "Lack of direction sometimes from leadership. But that's an IC problem that needs to be
solved IC."

Ghed nods.

Ghed says to Gwenda, "Not quite there yet! But almost."

Dalton states, "I was given direction recently and am working towards it. But before that it's been
awhile."

Ghed asks of Dalton, "GLs are supposed to reach out within reason, and engage you. Sometimes they
stop trying for various reasons, some of them valid. Have you reached out to the leadership?"

Dalton says, "She reached out recently which is where the direction came from. Before that I've
tried to make contact but she only occasionally gets back. Everyone gets busy though so I
understand."

Dalton states, "It can just be awkward sometimes with like... two weeks of radio silence."

Dalton claims, "And then you get direction"

Edison claims, "Ghed, remind me to send you a tell after the meeting"

Dalton lifts a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight to his nose and sniffs at
it.

Edison says, "I just don't want to accidentally forget to remove it with the scribing"

Edison eats a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.
Crumbly cake and chewy, dried blueberries with a touch of remaining juiciness
follow directly after the sweet layer of icing. Bites with a portion of the
chocolate decoration add a smooth, solid texture that melts on the tongue
with a rich, bitter flavor.

There are 2 bites left of a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

Ghed states to Dalton, "Understandable. I'm sorry it took a while, but I am glad it is getting
remedied."

Dalton pontificates, "Indeed!"

Gwenda says, "How do I manual line break for tis thing"

PositronicJune states, "{x
"

PositronicJune states, "Er. a { and a /"

Dalton says, "{x
"

Dalton trails off, "Ah..."

Dalton trails off, "I see..."

Ghed claims, "Hehe"

Ghed claims, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed exclaims, "I've no registered topics!"

Gwenda says, "I've got one "

Gwenda claims, "Feedback and a few questions "

Gwenda claims, "A subject for player topics: I have a thought regarding animals as they are, and
other htings regarding the combat system. I think in hindsight the only times I have ever spoken for
these meetings is to complain about the behavior of animals, but I'd like to give some perspective
as a new-ish-comer: I think that if you're riding a horse, something like a boar probably should not
be able to hit you above the legs if at all, and should probably just go for your mount instead
(force a dismount if the horse isn't trained for that kind of thing? I don't know how horses work
really.), as galloping through a cell then getting sniped (Once was in the head) by boar critting
you three times in a row was... Weird (I get that I probably should have just RP'd it as falling off
the horse in hindsight but yeah, flying pigs lmao).

In addition, I feel like a horse should just be able to flee combat with most hostile animals.
Being unexpectedly hospitalized by animals kinda sucks but I understand how the onus is on me for
ravel]ing through the wilderness. Would animal scent have helped with that scenario? This might just
be me being unfamiliar with the system.

I'm also wondering: How much RP is required when fighting animal NPCs? Solo RP is kind of a drag
and I wasn't really sure how to word that without looking like I'm trying to twink or something, IDK
the culture, so I'm asking here. "

Gwenda claims, "Uh that's supposed to say "Travelling in the wilderness""

Ghed claims, "Okay. Thanks for chiming in. Let's talk about the various things here."

Gwenda questions, "Actually a huge amount of that is allegdly in tubori, did that go through
properly?"

Ghed says, "Yes, languages don't matter in an ooc room"

Gwenda states, "Good"

Ghed says, "-Animals attacking over the leg of riders: absolutely. The problem with that is that
then we'd have to make a new combat script for smaller animals. Given Eurus is taking a bit of a
semi-break right now, that's not a priority. Even if he was active, it still wouldn't be. We have
been tackling other major issues like MV recovery, spells, SPELLS, SPELLS the way weather works. And
spells."

Brando states, "There are items on grid that can scare animals away from attacking you ok. you need
to find out what those items are in game yourself though eh."

PositronicJune claims, "Personally I put a minimal, but not none, amount of effort into writing
emotes for fighting animals, if I'm alone. Having to emote is probably more out of how the combat
system works than an expectation to RP alone with animals
Personally I'd also like to see a hunting overhaul partially because I'm a nerd who's played
theHunter: Call of the Wild. But it isn't a major gripe."

Ghed states, "Pets of any kind do not flee because they are meant to be controlled by the PC, and I
do think the original intent was to not remove player agency."

Ghed has transferred Viper. [OOC]

Viper gets a little cake topped with a silvery-haired, one-eyed knight.

PositronicJune says, "According to a helpfile, unmounted mounts will defend or flee if they find
themselves in combat though"

Gwenda claims, "That's fair"

Ghed says, "He did say he was galloping"

Ghed pontificates, "But yeah good correction!"

Sparkles sneezes loudly.

Ghed claims, "-There are ways, mundane and otherwise, to de-aggro most (but not all) animals, but
they aren't super public to encourage a tiny bit of exploration"

Ghed states to Sparkles, "Bless"

Ghed says, "Solo RP is optional, just don't spam emotes or commands in general."

Ghed claims, "However, don't always assume you're alone just because you can't see anyone."

PositronicJune claims, "The Lord is watching you."

Ghed claims, "We have had folks who were very patient, very keen, and very skilled at spying unseen"

Brando says, "This ^^^"

Gwenda says, "Fair enough. I'll keep in mind if I'm worth stalking in t he future lmao"

Brando laughs in lithmoran

Gwenda says, "I hope so"

Ghed claims, "No problem, and thanks for bringing it up"

Ghed states, "Some of this stuff is not obvious as a player, new or old"

Edison claims, "I gotta find a way to de-aggro crocodiles. Maybe wrestling them"

Ghed says, "(I should know, players keep teaching me stuff)"

Ghed points at PositronicJune

PositronicJune screams.

Gwenda pontificates, "The only other thoughts I have on hunting specifically being that I find it
odd that one has no reason to use ranged over another due to npcs not being aware of distance, but
that's not a priority as you say and I doubt I'm the first to note that. That's everything though,
next!"

Brando says, "I have a weird question for a topic that is pet related ok."

Ghed claims, "Oh you're not the first, trust me. We wanted to revamp hunting in general this year
but it fell a bit o nteh wayside."

Ghed says, "I wanted to for instance make it impossible to melee birds, lol"

Gwenda states, "Oh my god"

PositronicJune states, "I also expected sneaking to matter"

Gwenda claims, "I never even thought of that"

Ghed questions, "Or have sneak matter -- how can a person reasonably axe a deer? A DEER?"

Edison claims, "Sneaking it pretty important for backstabbing >_>"

Jiraiya states, "Yah hunting in full armour with an ax isn't the most thematically but its strongly
encouraged right now"

Ghed claims, "I'd burn in the pyre anyone who claimed to do that. And yet unfortunately it's
perfectly doable."

Ghed claims to Jiraiya, "Unless you're going for a boar or a bear, then yes"

Ghed claims, "Anyways"

Gwenda claims, "Deer are the dumbest animals on earth and I honestly think you could do that to a
lone deer. They herd for a reason lol"

Ghed claims, "I didn't even know they herded"

Sparkles states, "The axe isn't the less questionable, it's the fact you can Unarmed animals to
death."

Ghed claims, "You can tell I'm from Latin America"

Ghed nods at Sparkles.

PositronicJune states, "Backstab animals like the Spy from Team Fortress 2"

Gwenda claims, "Not all types, but yeah."

Ghed muses to Gwenda, "Does this all more or less satisfy or address your questions?"

Gwenda declaims, "Yes!"

Ghed thumbs up!

Ghed claims to Brando, "You next"

Brando muses, "Can mounts defend their riders using the protect command?"

Ghed says, "I don't think so, because of the way they are set up"

PositronicJune says, "I don't think any mounts are combat capable, but probably not"

Ghed states, "I mean I never tried giving a mob both flags, but it'd probably break"

Brando declaims, "Ok thanks. taht answers my simple question. cheers!"

Edison finishes abruptly, "It'd be nice if it was tied to the ride skill - the higher it is, the
higher your mount will defend or even attack"

Brando claims, "This ^^^"

PositronicJune asks, "Is there a point to ride skill beyond 36?"

Viper claims, "I think your ride skill determines whether you stay on or fall off during combat."

Viper states, "If your mount is combat capable to begin with"

(visnet) Player Gwenda: Yeah that basically accomplishes what I was looking for in the case of my
situation if it does exist

Gwenda claims, "Must have just not fallen off"

Brando declares, "Yes ... champion of riding should win most mount races ... even on a low ranked
mount!"

Ghed states, "You can't gallop with some mounts"

(visnet) Player Gwenda: Wrong channel aaa

Ghed claims, "Also if you're drunk and your riding is low you -will- fall off the horse at anything
but a walk"

PositronicJune questions, "How can skill make a horse go faster?"

Ghed claims, "Skill doesn't increase speed at all"

Brando says, "Bummer "

Ghed muses, "Basically charalin horses and warhorses, if I am not mistaken (what am I, a staffer?),
you need higher than 36 skill"

Ghed says, "This is all stuff for a coder to check, which I am not, regrettably"

Brando says, "Noted"

Jiraiya states, "Wish i'd known that earlier lol"

Ghed questions, "Okay, were there any more qs?"

Edison says, "I got nadda, I haven't been here all week"

Brando claims, "Send us back please"

Edison says, "I'm happy to just sit here and talk about my feelings"

Jiraiya claims, "Lol"

PositronicJune claims, "Did you know 'deer' once referred to all animals. did you know the vnum of
this room is 69"

Brando says, "@ Edision ... chat in discord room eh."

Ghed claims, "Okay"

Ghed states, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for
meaningful RP =)"

Ghed states, "CNOTE DISCOVERIES"

Ghed claims, "I am looking at -you-."

PositronicJune asks, "Who?"

Jiraiya says, "Oh jeez."

Brando says, "Cheers"

Ghed says, "-You-."

Edison muses, "Me?"

PositronicJune SCREAMS.

Brando waves

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

Ghed trails off, "2..."